Dan Mullen | Page 248 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This denial has now made psuedo national news. [Sorry if this has already been reported on here but if so I didn't see it in yesterday's or today's pages]

And the reporter doesn't even mention this site and the 246 pages of this thread.

And the reporter doesn't mention the possibility that Wildhack talked to his agent or the agent talked to Wildhack's search firm.

And this article isn't even written by the SU alum on the staff of Awful Announcing -- Sean Keeley (the founder of the NunesMagician website) who usually writes things Syracuse related.

Do we think it's possible that this whole rumor could have been started by Mullen's agent to generate buzz for him to be hired by some school? I recall that early in this thread (like maybe Thursday night or Friday) someone posted that agents do things like that.

Still a mystery.
“I don’t know where this originated and it kind of had a life of its own, but I never met with Dan Mullen,” Wildhack said as part of a short conversation he initiated to dispel the conversation. “I never talked to him about this job, let alone him being on campus and meeting with him. None of that.”

Wildhack said his last interaction with Mullen was a conversation with him and Barrie before a Thursday night game between Syracuse and Virginia Tech earlier this year. In addition to not speaking to Mullen as a job candidate, Wildhack said he didn’t meet with him to discuss candidates that he should consider.

“I saw Dan and Matt Barrie, who did play-by-play for our Thursday night game at Virginia Tech,” Wildhack said of their last interaction. “As I normally do, I stopped by the announce booth to say hello. The three of us had a casual five-minute conversation. Nothing more than exchanging pleasantries. Never talked to Dan. Never interviewed Dan. Never talked by phone. Never communicated by text. Email. Never.”

There's no need for Wildhack to lie. Who's he protecting by lying? Now there's a conspiracy afoot where many people were with Dan Mullen on the SU campus last week but will take it to their grave? Because...?

I imagine everyone here has, at some point in their life, been in a situation where a rumor spread that wasn't true. It happens all the time. It's, like, part of the human condition.

“I don’t know where this originated and it kind of had a life of its own, but I never met with Dan Mullen,” Wildhack said as part of a short conversation he initiated to dispel the conversation. “I never talked to him about this job, let alone him being on campus and meeting with him. None of that.”

Wildhack said his last interaction with Mullen was a conversation with him and Barrie before a Thursday night game between Syracuse and Virginia Tech earlier this year. In addition to not speaking to Mullen as a job candidate, Wildhack said he didn’t meet with him to discuss candidates that he should consider.

“I saw Dan and Matt Barrie, who did play-by-play for our Thursday night game at Virginia Tech,” Wildhack said of their last interaction. “As I normally do, I stopped by the announce booth to say hello. The three of us had a casual five-minute conversation. Nothing more than exchanging pleasantries. Never talked to Dan. Never interviewed Dan. Never talked by phone. Never communicated by text. Email. Never.”

There's no need for Wildhack to lie. Who's he protecting by lying? Now there's a conspiracy afoot where many people were with Dan Mullen on the SU campus last week but will take it to their grave? Because...?

I imagine everyone here has, at some point in their life, been in a situation where a rumor spread that wasn't true. It happens all the time. It's, like, part of the human condition.
Fran Brown’s 1st day on campus will likely be late afternoon on 12/3.

Yet Dan Mullen was walking around the quad on the day before thanksgiving.

1701281309339.jpeg

Of course it's not illegal. But if Mullen were to refute that, even casually as Matt Barrie was poking the bear, it would make him look kinda foolish.

But if they did talk, JW probably figured no one cares anyway. Just seemed like an overly strong rebuke. Could have just said he wasn't going to comment on all his discussions.
Overly strong rebukes often go hand-in-hand with the biggest lies. Remember Rafael Palmeiro?

Who is he protecting? Himself, of course.

Overly strong rebukes often go hand-in-hand with the biggest lies. Remember Rafael Palmeiro?

These situations seem a little bit different.

But if the search firm handled all contact with JW then he's not really lying. Mullen might have told the firm that he's happy where he is, but maybe $X could get me to reconsider coaching again.

Never made it directly to JW because it wasn't going to be realistic. So when asked directly, he wanted to get it out there that wasn't any negotiation.

I know some of you want to believe Wildhack is terrible at his job and ruined the chance at Mullen, but maybe the pay for this job isn't the blank check you want it to be. And you also forget that Wildhack answers to a Chancellor and the BoT.

I just don't understand why some of you are so sure you know what happened, and why you think the sources are reliable in the first place.

Technically this could all be true. If JW was traveling meeting other candidates or the board/search committee, perhaps Mullen visited on his way to NH or the BC/Miami game, met with Herm or someone else to show him around campus. So in the end, no one is lying.

I’m not sure what worse…Believing the notion that Mullen doesn’t want it to be known that he interviewed with Cuse and turned it down….or thinking Wildhack is lying when he says he didn’t even talk to him??

I mean the truth is right there…nothing happened.

End of story.

I can’t even begin to wrap my head around the Bigfoot and close encounters of the 3rd kind events of last Wednesday on campus nut job beliefs and thoughts.

It seemed to me , with the smirks on TV when the SU job innuendo came up , that they were kind of laughing at the idea of Mullen coming here. That s why I believe Wildhack. My impression was the whole Mullen rumor became a joke .

For those of us that have grown to love our friends at Enterprise during this thread, and to try and push to the 250 page mark, here is a company update by the owner and CEO on CNBC.
How does he not ask her about franchising?!?!?!?!?

How do we know that's the real JW and not a deep fake? And if so, what have they done with the real Wildhack?
The switched out McCartneys in '66. Why not JW. Clearly this is runs much deeper than college athletic administration. Read the contrails and buy canned goods.

It seemed to me , with the smirks on TV when the SU job innuendo came up , that they were kind of laughing at the idea of Mullen coming here. That s why I believe Wildhack. My impression was the whole Mullen rumor became a joke .
But where were the rumors? Other than here and some on twitter I didn't think it got much traction until bulldog44 stated that and I believe Bee’s said he was supposed to be here last Saturday but then something happened. The players and recruits started following him before any of the madness took off.

But where were the rumors? Other than here and some on twitter I didn't think it got much traction until bulldog44 stated that and I believe Bee’s said he was supposed to be here last Saturday but then something happened. The players and recruits started following him before any of the madness took off.
Also Matt Park & the NIL guy followed him. Combined with the infamous “presser at 11am tomorrow” rumour. Oh also midnight is a very weird time to quash a rumour when he could have done it long before.

They could have followed because of rumours though.

I don’t really care anymore because I’m excited about the coach we did get. But there was a plan for him to be here that Saturday. And I don’t know if he was on campus that Wednesday or if he spoke with JW but he was in Syracuse. Doesn’t matter anymore why. Let’s move on.

I don’t really care anymore because I’m excited about the coach we did get. But there was a plan for him to be here that Saturday. And I don’t know if he was on campus that Wednesday or if he spoke with JW but he was in Syracuse. Doesn’t matter anymore why. Let’s move on.
Could've gotten a tour of the facilities from someone else.

Still wish it would've happened, but it is time to move on.
Hopefully, Fran will put together an experienced staff and get the Orange closer to the top of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.