Dan Mullen | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
NICE.

They make a fantastic, budget 10 year, Eagle Rare. Its too cheap. $35, tastes closer to $100. The last time I saw it was 18 months ago, so I grabbed 2 bottles for my wife. The clerk - "you got the Eagle Rare!" He said they put a case or 2 out, and wait to see how long until its gone. Always gone within 4-6 hours, usually quicker. Great inexpensive Bourbon. But good luck finding a bottle.

If it’s Mullen. Which it’s sounding like it is. Welcome to the top half of the ACC every year and some ACC title games sprinkled in. Could not have had a better hire

If we can somehow snag Will Rogers in the portal. Keep OG, Brown, Allen, Villari…both Cruz’, Reed and Wohlabaugh on the o-line. Add some depth to the o-line, add a couple receivers in the portal and probably another RB. Keep the current QB, Hailie, Tremble and Hart committed and flip a couple guys the offense will be humming.

We have a lot of talent on D, but what is Mullen gonna play? Guessing not the 3-3-5 so he’s gonna want more inside defensive lineman, hopefully keeps Wax, McDonald, Lowery. We have some studs in the secondary. Gotta keep Barron, Clark, Bellamy, Gould and Farmer DONT CARE

HIRE MULLEN

NICE.

They make a fantastic, budget 10 year, Eagle Rare. Its too cheap. $35, tastes closer to $100. The last time I saw it was 18 months ago, so I grabbed 2 bottles for my wife. The clerk - "you got the Eagle Rare!" He said they put a case or 2 out, and wait to see how long until its gone. Always gone within 4-6 hours, usually quicker. Great inexpensive Bourbon. But good luck finding a bottle.

Ya. I did the bourbon trail last month and fell in love with Eagle Rare. Can’t find it around here anywhere! Boo

If it’s Mullen. Which it’s sounding like it is. Welcome to the top half of the ACC every year and some ACC title games sprinkled in. Could not have had a better hire

If we can somehow snag Will Rogers in the portal. Keep OG, Brown, Allen, Villari…both Cruz’, Reed and Wohlabaugh on the o-line. Add some depth to the o-line, add a couple receivers in the portal and probably another RB. Keep the current QB, Hailie, Tremble and Hart committed and flip a couple guys the offense will be humming.

We have a lot of talent on D, but what is Mullen gonna play? Guessing not the 3-3-5 so he’s gonna want more inside defensive lineman, hopefully keeps Wax, McDonald, Lowery. We have some studs in the secondary. Gotta keep Barron, Clark, Bellamy, Gould and Farmer
Oh, is that all? I thought there'd be a lot we needed.

Just watched Super Talk Mississippi talking about the MS job and if Dan Mullen return was a possibility and the answer was a strong no. Apparently, lots of hard feelings over how he left. School president felt he knew he was leaving long before the season ended and other things.
Whatever the details, he is not welcome back.
They also mentioned that Jamey Chadwell is deeply religious and very happy at Liberty.
They felt Elcho was the leading candidate.
Sounds a lot like Marrone around here in some circles.

I'l give you some info that'll tip the scale in our favor. Mullen's wife is from Butler, Pennsylvania . Were much closer to her home town than BC.

I haven't read the last 6 pages so this info might not be terribly relavent.
Bc was never actually in the running or even looking at Mullen.

Ya. I did the bourbon trail last month and fell in love with Eagle Rare. Can’t find it around here anywhere! Boo
I have a feeling online dealers may have bought it up, and are selling it closer to $100.

Buffalo Trace makes Pappy's, Blanton's, Eagle Rare, etc. 19 in total. I've seen Eagle Rare ranked in their top 4. I dont mean the $2K 17 year Eagle rare. I think the cheap one is ranked there because its surprisingly good for the price. Still good. No $$ guilt. You just need to keep having another sip, because the flavor fades. In this case? Not a problem. ;-)

I have a feeling online dealers may have bought it up, and are selling it closer to $100.

Buffalo Trace makes Pappy's, Blanton's, Eagle Rare, etc. 19 in total. I've seen Eagle Rare ranked in their top 4. I dont mean the $2K 17 year Eagle rare. I think the cheap one is ranked there because its surprisingly good for the price. Still good. No $$ guilt. You just need to keep having another sip, because the flavor fades. In this case? Not a problem. ;-)
Ah, that’s why I can’t do good liquor. I’m a low-class guzzler.

Bc was never actually in the running or even looking at Mullen.

Just trying to lighten the mood of the few who at some point in this saga thought that BC had a shot.

Whether she cared about the geography or not, I have no idea...But wives sometimes prefer to live close(er) to their hometown and parents. I know from personal experience.:rolleyes:

Tongue in cheek and I don’t care if it’s 2 years. But if he comes here I could see him being the one coach who does appreciate not having the same deranged pressure of the SEC and an easier path to the playoffs.

Yup I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.