Dan Mullen | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping Syracuse realizes they have one last chance to get this right and stay in a relevant position. All bets are off when the gore expires. If Syracuse doesnt turn it around and make themselves look attractive for other conferences then all will Be lost and the big checks will stop
Coming. Mullen is about as sure fire of a win as you can get here. He checks a lot of boxes and is a better version of Marrone
THIS!!!!!

I’m hoping Syracuse realizes they have one last chance to get this right and stay in a relevant position. All bets are off when the gore expires. If Syracuse doesnt turn it around and make themselves look attractive for other conferences then all will Be lost and the big checks will stop
Coming. Mullen is about as sure fire of a win as you can get here. He checks a lot of boxes and is a better version of Marrone
Do people really think that SU doesn't realize what is at stake here for the long term good of the university? I think they fully understand the importance of the football program as it relates to revenue, brand, admission applications, and conference realignment.

Not aimed at you specifically, but it's just as important, if not more so, to understand that having a high profile candidate on your list does not matter at all if that person does not have SU on their list.

Agree,

People know that betting favorites are just adjusted based on who people are betting on, right? Right?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes.
And people bet based on who they believe will be the coach... Hence why Vegas odds typically mean something. People don't bet hoping to lose, they bet based on information, or a feeling.

This board should just create the suggestion of some completely random OC or DC out there. The more random the better. And see how long it takes to pop up in some national article or tweet.

I hear that Wisconsin Tech DC Flarn Richolds is interviewing for the San Diego State job and if UTSA coach Jeff Traylor leaves for Texas A&M, don’t be surprised if the next head coach for UTSA is Houston State’s Brad Felcher.

Anyone know who is calling the game this weekend?
IMG_8967.jpeg

If a guy like chesney is playing hardball move on. The job is bigger than an FCS coach who despite beating up the patriot league for two years, never made a dent in the FCS playoffs.
this is the third time i've heard this. how on earth would this be leaked right now he's playing hard ball.

I need something more concrete than betting odds. If this is an issue we'll see something from Thamel with specific interviews set up for back up guys. This will be handled with a velvet hammer by Wildhack.

the lack of information right now makes me think things are going just fine so far.

If a guy like chesney is playing hardball move on. The job is bigger than an FCS coach who despite beating up the patriot league for two years, never made a dent in the FCS playoffs.
Why? I would hope he is playing hardball and asking for as much as he can get. If he’s smart, the ask shouldn’t just be about personal compensation but also staff compensation, recruiting/travel budgets, specific needs that he thinks will benefit the program, etc.

If he wants this to be successful he needs a full buy-in from the University and if they oblige, it’s better for him and the program. And if they hold firm and it’s not up to his expectations on what is needed to be successful here than I would rather he pass now then have it fail 2-3 years from now.

Deep dive earlier this year Dan Mullen said “ he’d be on the broadcast for the egg bowl” however a ESPN spokesperson said he’ll instead be calling Miami versus Boston College on Friday. My thought is he is named Coach next week because of this move.. fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom