Dan Mullen | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jakhari Williams started following Mullen on Twitter/X
IMG_0605.gif

If we get Mullen we are going to get some studs in the portal, we are going to keep our studs currently on the team, we are going to keep our top recruits that we have now and I’m sure we’ll flip a couple guys to this years class too. I also think he’ll put together a hell of a staff. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration with next years schedule, if we get Mullen we can go 9-3 next year

If we get Mullen we are going to get some studs in the portal, we are going to keep our studs currently on the team, we are going to keep our top recruits that we have now and I’m sure we’ll flip a couple guys to this years class too. I also think he’ll put together a hell of a staff. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration with next years schedule, if we get Mullen we can go 9-3 next year
This 100%

Yep and don’t be surprised at the turnover either. I would expect schollies to open up. I bet we see a few QBs and WRs and oline added.

You gotta think if we get Mullen there will be some strong buzz for the football program on campus, in the community and hell the national media will even give it some buzz with a name like Mullen. That will get butts in the seats, you go 8-4, 9-3, or better your first year and you have some momentum (which is extremely possible). You get some studs to transfer in, keep your studs on the team, get some stud recruits, some good assistant coaches and all of the sudden tickets to a Cuse game become a commodity. You can then raise ticket prices, alumni, past players and the community are going to be all in on the program, boosters are more willing to donate to a winning product that has a foundations, donations would be rolling in. Wildhack understands this and one thing I won’t knock Wildhack for, is he’s a good salesman, can make a strong pitch and is a good fundraiser. He’ll get the money if we need it

Next years schedule might be a minor selling point as well to a new coach, whoever it ends up being. Also wouldn’t mind going into the following year, which is the kickoff classic against Tennessee with a former SEC head coach on our side.

Wouldn’t it be poetic justice if Herm cutting a “great deal” for the Yankee Stadium game got us extra cash to give Mullen up front?

I mean it probably is a non-starter since that was done a while ago but it sounds cool, right?

why is Mullen considered such a homerun hire? I’m not being combative just want to know why he would be a great get?

why is Mullen considered such a homerun hire? I’m not being combative just want to know why he would be a great get?
He’s had success everywhere he’s gone at the highest level which is of course the SEC. He can build an elite staff with his connections and he is a very good recruiter. It would also show just how committed we are to football because a lot of team want Dan Mullen.

Yeah, I am with bothsocks. I don't know anything about Mullen. What kind of offense would he run? Would he keep the same defensive system? Would he be changing coordinators, assuming both want to return? How flexible is he as a coach? Does he make rational decisions on game day or does he go into Dino mode? Could someone summarize why this would be such an exciting hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom