Dan Mullen | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it sounds dumb but is it possible to have NIL donation jars at each gate? Throw in a buck. And round up to the next dollar at concession stands.
Probably harder from a logistics perspective but an Orange United specialty beer partnership with a local brewery to me sounds like a no brainer (if possible). The round up idea is probably easy too.

They’ve had a small table in the quad but need to be more aggressive in promoting it. It’s very easy.

Source just told me Mullen was just seen at an open house around the corner from Singers in Solvay. Source confirmed Dan's a big time karaoke guy.
That’s not all he would be….You know karaoke is just a front, right?

Last edited:
Big props to the donors and administration. They are not backing down in any way and full support is understatement from what I was just told. They know this is a huge opportunity and everyone is on same page. Big thanks to all those involved
JW and everyone involved realizes how big a decision this is. If we get this right, and from my perspective hiring Mullen is probably our best chance at doing so, then we have a seat at the table moving forward.
A viable, winning program in the state of NY is a factor. Period.

This is the biggest moment for Syracuse football in my lifetime. What happens with this hire may well determine if we continue to play football at the highest level in future decades.

Kudos to John Wildhack, the SU administration and the SU boosters John has rallied to put together a package designed to land one of the best football coaches in the business.

I hope we are able to pull this off.

And if we so, I hope the fanbase responds with great support in terms of NIL donations and ticket purchases.

If we all work together, we can restore Syracuse to its rightful place as a major football power.

Let’s Go! Warm Damn Otto!
Remember watching Jim in the cotton bowl, the 59 team, Ben's glory years, then
another great time with Mac, and P.
Really was beginning to think at 77 would never see Syracuse back up there again.
Hopefully this will be a 3rd great time in my life for SU football.

Recruiting at Syracuse will be much different than recruiting at Miss. St. You can get a top 40 class at Miss. St. just by recruiting Mississippi HS and JUCOs. In the 2024 recruiting class in Mississippi, there are 13 HS 4*s and 4 JUCO 4*s. Using the 247 Composite ranking, Syracuse's #1 recruit would be the #13 HS recruit in Mississippi.

What you hope for with Mullen is that he can recruit and develop QBs which is the most important position in college football. And, hope he makes inroads back into the recruiting base and pull in 3*s from NJ, New England, NY, PA, MD, OH with a sprinkling from Georgia, Florida, and Virginia. Many of the kids from the traditional recruiting grounds are not as highly developed or highly ranked so don't get caught up with recruiting rankings with a Mullen hire.
Completely different recruiting world today. He will crush it at SU

Community notes feature has been great, some people just hate a free flowing marketplace of ideas. But back on topic…
It would be fine if the algorithm wasn't specifically written to promote Tesla and Elon as the base "interests." I could care less about the debate and ideas shared, that's totally fine. If I say I like syracuse football and college sports in general, the last thing I want to see is 4 straight posts of how great the Cyber truck is lol

If he really is in Syracuse, would think that he’d try to catch the game. Incognito ofcourse.

IMG_6654.jpeg

The best part of this is there is no way we’re dumping $5-6m on Mullen and then skimping on the staff. Would love to see the assistant pool and who he would bring in. I hope he keeps Nunzio. The rest would probably become casualties.

Remember watching Jim in the cotton bowl, the 59 team, Ben's glory years, then
another great time with Mac, and P.
Really was beginning to think at 77 would never see Syracuse back up there again.
Hopefully this will be a 3rd great time in my life for SU football.
Same 4 me. Remember the 1960 Cotton Bowl with Ernie. Start of my Fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom