Dan Mullen | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
1701033154953.gif

what feet dragging?

By all reports our first and second options haven’t been coaching. One has been off for 2 years and one didn’t have a game this weekend so season was done last week when we let go of Dino. Why haven’t we hired anyone yet? Other teams already have hired people as soon as their final game was over. Not us? That is dragging your feet. If those are the two choices a deal should be done. Interviews should have happened all last week.

You seem to know allot about about Thamel...Thamel. I mean FloridaCuse. :)
I've been reading his work for a long time. Starting when he spent 9 years with the NY Times. (maybe when he was with the D.O.). Have continued to read him where ever he went -- to SI, then Yahoo Sports, then ESPN. He's a good writer when he writes longer pieces. Now it seems it's mostly reporting and hits on TV with ESPN. Though he does do some longer college sports analysis pieces on ESPN.com. Back in I think Janaury when he covered the Syr @ BC basketball game (he lives in the Boston area) and interviewed JB in the hallway after the game, a number of people on this board wondered who the hell he is that JB gave him that kind of access. I knew and that's when I joined SyracuseFan.com so I could provide some context. I'd just been a reader up until then.

One of the benefits of firing Dino early was we were on of the first to the table. By dragging or feet we are now allowing a bunch of different universities a seat.
We are making a five-year+ decision here.

There was a contingency plan in place well before the dismissal. It got officially activated after 7-5 was no longer achievable. I’s been seven days. It will be over soon and the opening of other jobs ALWAYS happens, which is why there are candidate musts (e.g. understanding the NE) that will vet a focused list of candidates.

It’s tough, but think we have to be semi-patient for just a couple days. WIldhack wants this done before the full portal opening in eight days and it likely will be.

We are making a five-year+ decision here.

There was a contingency plan in place well before the dismissal. It got officially activated after 7-5 was no longer achievable. I’s been seven days. It will be over soon and the opening of other jobs ALWAYS happens, which is why there are candidate musts (e.g. understanding the NE) that will vet a focused list of candidates.

It’s tough, but think we have to be semi-patient for just a couple days. WIldhack wants this done before the full portal opening in eight days and it likely will be.

People are getting ridiculous now.

Hated it but did three years? Should have stopped much sooner, hit the bar, and then joined
Complete what you start. Now he has the degree.
(Edit: he is a bit unique. Me: “how was basic training”. Him: “it was fun”. )

Last edited:
One of the benefits of firing Dino early was we were on of the first to the table. By dragging or feet we are now allowing a bunch of different universities a seat.
There is nothing to suggest there has been feet dragging. It's your own perception because you (like all of us) wish Mullen had been confirmed by now. Decision came Sat/Sun on Dino, press conference Monday and confirmation of consultant. Sounds like Wed we had Mullen onsite. Thanksgiving and rumors of other names. It's basically been 7 days. To me if we don't have something by Wednesday there's a problem. That said a board insider indicated he is hearing there will be a press conference Mon/Tues. That seems reasonable and timely especially given potential complexities of a Mullen contract.

One of the benefits of firing Dino early was we were on of the first to the table. By dragging our feet we are now allowing a bunch of different universities a seat.
Who says we are feet dragging? Whoever the person may have give a wish list. JW may not have that authority. (That is, of course, a different issue. )

By all reports our first and second options haven’t been coaching. One has been off for 2 years and one didn’t have a game this weekend so season was done last week when we let go of Dino. Why haven’t we hired anyone yet? Other teams already have hired people as soon as their final game was over. Not us? That is dragging your feet. If those are the two choices a deal should be done. Interviews should have happened all last week.
Other teams?

Michigan State has been looking for two months, no one else has filled a job yet

There is nothing to suggest there has been feet dragging. It's your own perception because you (like all of us) wish Mullen had been confirmed by now. Decision came Sat/Sun on Dino, press conference Monday and confirmation of consultant. Sounds like Wed we had Mullen onsite. Thanksgiving and rumors of other names. It's basically been 7 days. To me if we don't have something by Wednesday there's a problem. That said a board insider indicated he is hearing there will be a press conference Mon/Tues. That seems reasonable and timely especially given potential complexities of a Mullen contract.
Thanksgiving weekend adds 3 to 5 days to a normal week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom