Dan Mullen | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mullen's agent is based in Memphis, and may not be a guy you want to have spotted on campus if you're not sure a deal can be worked out. He's also got a ton of other clients and could be lining up a series of meetings today in a neutral location. Similar length flight from Memphis to Chicago and Syracuse to Chicago.
In the age of Zoom and Teams, is it still business normal that these type of deals be consummated in person.

People need to pipe down about all these other schools hiring coaches “already”. Michigan State fired Tucker in early October and A&M fired Jimbo a couple of weeks ago. No one else has hired anyone yet. We are all anxious, I get it. But c’mon

Seems to be particularly tricky for Syracuse. Texas A&M went from Stoops to Elko in about 6 hours.

Michigan State had their new coach less than 24 hours after their last game. Seems standard practice for P5 coaches. Decisions are made fast and with conviction

A little surprised A&M would go with Elko. I think he’s a great coach but an SEC school taking someone from Duke? I’m surprised the natives would allow that down there.
My guess is after the most recent buyout demands, cashflow limits are being applied. Especially for the AD who oversaw the last contract.

As important of a hire that this is, I would not think a remote meeting would even be considered. At least if SU is serious. It will all work out at some point.

You guys have a good wine pairing for ny strip?

You guys have a good wine pairing for ny strip?
IMG_0792.jpeg

Maybe Syracuse has mechanisms and processes in place so that they don't have to go to donors for $79 million buyouts. I would not hoist A&M up for the model of anything done right.
True and who says contracts have anything to do with our search still going on? No one has a freaking clue

$7.7 million for staff several years ago.
Not money we’ll spent. I don’t remember Rutgers having a great staff. That’s where Big 10 money puts ACC at a disadvantage. Another $20-25 million in tv revenue puts you in a far better place.

People need to pipe down about all these other schools hiring coaches “already”. Michigan State fired Tucker in early October and A&M fired Jimbo a couple of weeks ago. No one else has hired anyone yet. We are all anxious, I get it. But c’mon
A&M presumably kicked the tires on Dabo, Stoops and now Elko all within the last 24-36 hours. This is the part that concerns me. Top tier schools are able to just pick their coach and fast. That can leave us a step behind. And that is why people are anxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom