Dan Mullen | Page 178 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation.

Everyone needs to sign off on Mullen due to the financials that will be needed for assistant coaches and NIL. If unable to obtain total buy in, then it’s probably Chesney.

JW is probably trying to wrangle everyone together to agree. And if it’s not unanimous then then it’s Chesney. Just a shot in the dark, but if I had to guess that’s probably the delay. Otherwise, I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t have leaked today if everyone was on board.

Trap Door GIF by jjjjjohn

Bronco has more wins than Mullen 135-81 & would probably keep beck & nunzio

Good points. On the other hand, Al Golden as defensive coordinator would be pretty good. I think he could be very effective recruiting for us. He's been a lot of really good places, and generally done well, aside from as Head Coach at Miami. But he's coached up and down the East Coast, and in the midwest, in the NFL. He'd be a terrific guy to have on staff, IMO. Not head coach, but I'd be happy with him as DC.

I really don’t think it would be a problem at all. He’s a very high character guy who was well respected by his team and the community and he delivered results at uva. I would have no reservations whatsoever.

He's probably thinking of the circumstances at UVa that led to his departure. They tell you to fire your DC and you decline, and quit, some would call that principled. No problem if he's our next coach. There would probably be some more continuity if he were the choice.

He's probably thinking of the circumstances at UVa that led to his departure. They tell you to fire your DC and you decline, and quit, some would call that principled. No problem if he's our next coach. There would probably be some more continuity if he were the choice.
Yeah I thought that was principled for sure, I just can’t put my finger on why he concerns me because he is a damn good coach

There's a decent chance Mullen is waiting to see which way the carousel turns before he puts pen to paper in Syracuse, right? Could be a better opening he may be interested in.
I can't think of one. :)

Chesney is a lottery ticket. I just want someone more proven at the Power 5 level.
It is all about the amount of risk we can take and afford. I agree completely that we need low risk right now which costs more as we simply can not afford another miss in football this time. Everyone seems to be in agreement it seems with this which is the first step.

It is all about the amount of risk we can take and afford. I agree completely that we need low risk right now which costs more as we simply can not afford another miss in football this time. Everyone seems to be in agreement it seems with this which is the first step.

We just saved a ton of money by giving Autry and the guys a chance. Spend it now, when it most matters.

Pure speculation.

Everyone needs to sign off on Mullen due to the financials that will be needed for assistant coaches and NIL. If unable to obtain total buy in, then it’s probably Chesney.

JW is probably trying to wrangle everyone together to agree. And if it’s not unanimous then then it’s Chesney. Just a shot in the dark, but if I had to guess that’s probably the delay. Otherwise, I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t have leaked today if everyone was on board.
I think it won't be leaked till its 100% complete, no matter how close we are and sure everyone is because of what happened with Arnett just 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom