Dan Mullen | Page 235 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't choose via blindfold and pointing... you don't play favorites. They are called development plans. if you're on one you're on the bench. if you are not on one, either work to be on one or make your intentions known.
This is literally gibberish which has nothing to do with my original point.

As well they should for those that want a name coach and don’t want to be struggling in mediocrity for the next ten years. It is a big deal to have a name coach right now…Mullen was a pretty big name….i dont see anyone else on the list that excites me but that’s just me I can’t speak for everyone else
Name. LOL. OK. Yeah, he’s a household name.

I'm with you, I have identified a succession plan for every person on my leadership team. anyone leading a business would be foolish not tohave one in this environment. Whether it works out or not, no one knows but you need a plan.
And you have no idea if they had one that fell through or none at all .. you guys make a lot of assumptions.

For HR reasons most companies have a requirement that a position be listed for a certain amount of time. Even if you have a good idea for someone.
Yes you always list the position and interview but usually have the person ahead of time, thats how the world typically works

Use past actions as a future indicator.
And again past actions that you have no insight into either. Unless you are on the BoT or work in the AD you have no clue but just keep running with this.

Though interesting I don't see anyone bashing Bees. People are selective in who gets the guff and who doesn't?
I thought we were just supposed to bash Bees all the rest of the year.

You have a succession plan for if/when you get fired?
All large businesses have succession plans. I have one built for myself and all of my directs. It isn;t a guarantee, but it ensures that you have a plan and dedicate needed resources to your high potential candidate(s). And it is generally in preparation for getting promoted, but realistically it serves both purposes.

Yes you always list the position and interview but usually have the person ahead of time, thats how the world typically works
Yeah I mean must be ... no one ever has recruiters searching for candidates or job boards ... I mean why bother ... all jobs are pre-determined ... you guys crack me up.

I know lots of guys who already have their 2nd wife lined up before they fire their 1st wife.

I'm with you, I have identified a succession plan for every person on my leadership team. anyone leading a business would be foolish not tohave one in this environment. Whether it works out or not, no one knows but you need a plan.100%

Bingo. I have a son who has some fleeting interest in SU football but only because I'm trying to keep the flame alive. Hot dogs and M&Ms are enough to get him to buy in now. When he's a bit older forget it, the product on the field isn't going to cut it. This hire was the last chance to resurrect the program.
People said the same thing in the seventies. We were never going to be able to compete. Blah. Blah. Blah. Everything is cyclical.

People said the same thing in the seventies. We were never going to be able to compete. Blah. Blah. Blah. Everything is cyclical.
When does the bad cycle end this time? It’s pretty much going on 20 years. There’s a whole generation that has little to no interest in the program because outside of a couple seasons they haven’t been good.

100%, I have always asked my executive teams to have succession plans done annually and updated including for myself. If we are going to make an organizational move we have recruiting firms working on it well in advance. Maybe the football coaching world is different, but I know for fact that NU flubbed up the Pellini move and the Frost move most recently was already in the bag. Still does not guarantee success but better than scrambling and settling for someone. Not that we are doing that and for all I know JW already had his guy and this is just his process. My concern is as time goes by thats less clear to me. I’m going to support whoever the new guy is and give them a chance, just pointing out some of the potential risk I see, thats all. Again, these 2 hires will determine JWs legacy, he is on the clock.

Wishful thinking. The landscape that allowed us to rise from the ashes in the 80s does not exist today.

Hooray for you. And like I said, I have no doubt that JW had a list of several potential hires throughout this Fall.

Again though, the idea that he should have had a hire ready to go before he fired Dino is preposterous. Look around college football right now. Who has done that?
You mean JW can't just hire a guy via a 15 minute face time chat. I would imagine a large university has a few hurdles to cross when it comes to hiring the highest paid employee within the institution. Call me crazy. He might want to interview a few candidates that weren't available until maybe yesterday? I know crazy

He is a puppet. but doesn't get the final say, I think that much is clear after today
If you say so ... we can agree to disagree ... you have no inside knowledge much like I don't either that is readily obvious.

You mean JW can't just hire a guy via a 15 minute face time chat. I would imagine a large university has a few hurdles to cross when it comes to hiring the highest paid employee within the institution. Call me crazy. He might want to interview a few candidates that weren't available until maybe yesterday? I know crazy
Stop with your logic damn it.

When does the bad cycle end this time? It’s pretty much going on 20 years. There’s a whole generation that has little to no interest in the program because outside of a couple seasons they haven’t been good.
yes everything is cyclical but the paradigm have forever changed (NIL, portal, 300 fbs teams in fla. now, other northeastern teams that were'nt competition but are now). We may NEVER get back there, doesn't mean we stop trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom