Daniel Ochefu, 0 fouls | Syracusefan.com

Daniel Ochefu, 0 fouls

There was a play in the middle of the second half when he literally dove onto the back of G or Roberson and virtually tackled him trying to get to a loose ball. Stuff gets missed in transitional play, but that was as awful as the "sleigh ride" no-call.

Yeah.
For a big guy that plays as physically as he does, and as many minutes as he does, to finish the game with no fouls called on him is... well... seriously screwed up

There was a play in the middle of the second half when he literally dove onto the back of G or Roberson and virtually tackled him trying to get to a loose ball. Stuff gets missed in transitional play, but that was as awful as the "sleigh ride" no-call.

Agreed.

There was also a play where they had a long pass in transition that got knocked away. Cooney got the ball, and got barreled into by Ochefu--no call. After Cooney bounced off him sideways and started to push the ball up court, he reached to try to tip it way from behind--no call.

There could have been 2 on that play, and he finishes with zero. Its a joke.

Agreed.

There was also a play where they had a long pass in transition that got knocked away. Cooney got the ball, and got barreled into by Ochefu--no call. After Cooney bounced off him sideways and started to push the ball up court, he reached to try to tip it way from behind--no call.

There could have been 2 on that play, and he finishes with zero. Its a joke.

It's almost as though in their pre-game, they decided because he was the superior player they were going to "let him play."

The last time I saw someone get away with something so egregious without a whistle, the Monstars killed Foghorn Leghorn right on the court.

There was one sequence where I thought he might literally go through Christmas' back (cutting him in half) trying to dislodge him in the post.
At least they didn't call Christmas for a foul for being there.

Ochefu is not a physical big and he plays like 22 minutes a game. Relax. The refs weren't great both ways, but I don't think they had a huge influence on the game.

HakWarrick1 said:
Ochefu is not a physical big and he plays like 22 minutes a game. Relax. The refs weren't great both ways, but I don't think they had a huge influence on the game.

...said the fan of the team that shot 14 more fts and didn't have its entire starting front court foul out of the game.

Good job, good effort.

Yeah, kid hardly ever has a foul called on him. What does he average per 40 minutes? 7 fouls a game?

image.jpg

Saying that you don't think the officiating had a big effect on that game when the numbers blatantly suggest otherwise...I just...I cant. You have no leg to stand on. Similar to our guys after all the undercutting all after noon.

This coming from someone who always gives officiating lots of lenience.

I understand your frustration, you saw a game slip from your hands in heartbreaking fashion. 5 points in 17.2 seconds. I saw a team that shored up their defense in the second half, attacked the zone by making inside passes, and overall had players with higher bball iq. Impartiality aside, how can you not like this Nova team? There's not one star player, and they dive for every loose ball. You guys showed that you're better than your record indicates but still have a lot of issues to work on.

Don't beat on me guys. I needed this win because my Eagles just got eliminated from the playoffs afterwards.

I understand your frustration, you saw a game slip from your hands in heartbreaking fashion. 5 points in 17.2 seconds. I saw a team that shored up their defense in the second half, attacked the zone by making inside passes, and overall had players with higher bball iq. Impartiality aside, how can you not like this Nova team? There's not one star player, and they dive for every loose ball. You guys showed that you're better than your record indicates but still have a lot of issues to work on.

Don't beat on me guys. I needed this win because my Eagles just got eliminated from the playoffs afterwards.

I'd give you credit if credit was due--I honestly would. But you didn't deserve to win today.

And the most frustrating thing is, even playing 8-5, we still could have won if we'd only executed a little bit better.

Saying that you don't think the officiating had a big effect on that game when the numbers blatantly suggest otherwise...I just...I cant. You have no leg to stand on. Similar to our guys after all the undercutting all after noon.

This coming from someone who always gives officiating lots of lenience.

Very good post, DSYR.

CLAP. CLAP. CLAP. Let me get a tissue out for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom