Darius Bazely | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazely

That’s overblown. Should we have booted Melo when he was upset his buddy edelin wasn’t the starting PG. jb would have dealt with any issues. Were you a waiters fan?
Waiters and melo cared about success in college and at least melo had buddies. Reading between the lines of Bazley’s own words he’d be fine if we were as bad as washington when fultz was there

Oshae is a composed intelligent young man. Without even knowing the circumstances, I got his back. Bye Darius
This is kind of a crazy thread. Like when have we ever been good enough to not wanting a top recruit. Would there have been chemistry issues? Quite possibly. But you don't say no to that talent. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and we end up not needing him. That would be perfect.

Who's to say that freshman Bazely would have been better than sophomore Brissett? I don't think he would be. I think we have enough depth this year, that the loss of Bazely won't hurt that much. Chemistry is as important as talent. Having all five starters back is something we haven't had in a long time. I could honestly care less that we lost Bazely.

Who's to say that freshman Bazely would have been better than sophomore Brissett? I don't think he would be. I think we have enough depth this year, that the loss of Bazely won't hurt that much. Chemistry is as important as talent. Having all five starters back is something we haven't had in a long time. I could honestly care less that we lost Bazely.

Brissett would still start. It’s Dolezaj that would have become the 6th/7th man.

Waiters and melo cared about success in college and at least melo had buddies. Reading between the lines of Bazley’s own words he’d be fine if we were as bad as washington when fultz was there

Waiters? Really? He was all about himself.

Show me video of baz where he was a 1 man ball hog show. I saw a big guy who could and did pass. Many here marveled at his ball handling and passing and how he’d make others so much better. A point forward some said.

Waiters? Really? He was all about himself.

Show me video of baz where he was a 1 man ball hog show. I saw a big guy who could and did pass. Many here marveled at his ball handling and passing and how he’d make others so much better. A point forward some said.
Selflessness on the court is different than selflessness off. At least Dion showed up and played hard and to win.

This was before it was public knowledge that he had a feud with Oshae, had no interest in meeting future teammates on his visit and whatever else i may have forgotten

I don't think that's true. The players on the team may have been a little surprised that he was introverted and not very outgoing, and spent some time shooting by himself and working out while he was on his visit instead of horsing around like most recruits.

I don't think there was any "feud." That's been exaggerated by our fanbase a bit, and now presented as board "fact."

This is kind of a crazy thread. Like when have we ever been good enough to not wanting a top recruit. Would there have been chemistry issues? Quite possibly. But you don't say no to that talent. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and we end up not needing him. That would be perfect.
Does chemistry eclipse talent? Then there’s a distraction and people may have individual agendas. I think we are very solid and have tight unity. Disrupting that may be dangerous. Jmho

Bazley is a good player. We’d be a better team with him. On court chemistry is what’s most important, and he looks to have a well rounded game and plays hard.

That said, who cares? He’s not coming and we’re still loaded.

Does chemistry eclipse talent? Then there’s a distraction and people may have individual agendas. I think we are very solid and have tight unity. Disrupting that may be dangerous. Jmho

I think everybody has inidividual agendas to an extent. That’s every season, every team. Boeheim seems to be pretty good at getting guys to play their roles.

I don't think a player like DB would be bad for team chemistry -- at all. This is a guy who is not just a good ball handler / passer, but an exceptional one for a player of his size. If his primary value was more as a scorer -- who knows. But kids who are great passers always seem to fit in, no matter what the system is.

In that regard, it is hard not to see DB being good for team chemistry if he'd ended up here. But he chose a different path -- his loss.

I think we made out better in the exchange of Battle for him, so time to move on.

Its too bad that it didn't work out. My 2 cents is he would have been a great team player. If you watch his film he is a very smart, well rounded player with amazing O skills.
Frank, Ty, Osh, B, Chewy with Euro, Carey, Hughes, Sid, Washington, and Julie's Boy would have been a very tough out.

Bazley is a good player. We’d be a better team with him. On court chemistry is what’s most important, and he looks to have a well rounded game and plays hard.

That said, who cares? He’s not coming and we’re still loaded.

Yeah those are my thoughts as well. No question in my mind he could’ve helped and team chemistry would’ve been fine. As mentioned by you and others; he has a well rounded game and probably would’ve been deployed at times as a point forward which would’ve benefited everyone. Very good handle for his size also. Oh well. C’est la vie.

If he hadn't gone pro, my guess is that Battle would not have come back. I'd rather have Battle for another year.

Wait, Bazely. I thought we had recruited Bosley? This is really disturbing.

John_Bosley.jpeg

If he hadn't gone pro, my guess is that Battle would not have come back. I'd rather have Battle for another year.

ehhh. maybe maybe not. Didnt Tyus say he came back 1. he is close to his degree and 2. we had a good team coming back.

what changes if Baz is here?

I don't think that's true. The players on the team may have been a little surprised that he was introverted and not very outgoing, and spent some time shooting by himself and working out while he was on his visit instead of horsing around like most recruits.

I don't think there was any "feud." That's been exaggerated by our fanbase a bit, and now presented as board "fact."
Yep.

The continued rant against DB is insane.

Yep.

The continued rant against DB is insane.
I read his article in the players tribune and took it at face value. Fine kid, pro talent, trailblazer potentially albeit I think he received poor advice.

That being said I don’t believe an ncaa championship was considered a priority to him as we’ve seen it is for TB, FH and OB. Not to say they’re championship before being drafted but you can see they want it bad.

He wants the platform with the absolute most opportunity to show his NBA skillset. To the point where a program who’s sent numerous top 30 picks in the draft over the last decade including some lotto’s did not cut it. He may seem selfless on the court but after reading his own words and his own self-comparisons I think some selfless appearances on court could be gilded.

Eh, Waiters cared about posting tweets telling people how humble he was. SU was fortunate to part ways without too much collateral damage. Melo, OK, I see your point.

Eh, Waiters cared about posting tweets telling people how humble he was. SU was fortunate to part ways without too much collateral damage. Melo, OK, I see your point.
Yeah using Dion to further my point was shaky but I try to give him the benefit of the doubt and keep in mind how he grew up and his very early commitment.

ehhh. maybe maybe not. Didnt Tyus say he came back 1. he is close to his degree and 2. we had a good team coming back.

what changes if Baz is here?
YOu may be right. I just figured he wouldn't get the offensive opportunities. But I guess he would have better support too.

I don't think we'll be better in 2018-2019 because Bazley went to the G League. That's like saying Duke would've been better last year if either Bagley or Carter went pro, because they had another big guy to play. A lineup of Howard-Battle-Brissett-Bazley-Chukwu would have been unbelievable. Luckily, SU will still be very very good by swapping Dolezaj for Bazley in the lineup above, but depth and different skill sets are valuable. We're all huge Orange fans but let's be realistic.

Our offense was awful at times, maybe often times, and we return the same starting 5. I hope and expect all 5 starters and bench players and freshmen to be improved, but losing a top 10, top 5 McDonald's AA definitely hurts our team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom