Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

"Went to the 24 hour grocery store the other night and a guy was locking up. I say to him hey, the sign says open 24 hours. He says to me Yeah, but not in a row"
"I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."

I think it’s going to be hard for Bazely to leave his camp. Either with or against his will they will want to follow him or keep him close. Wouldn’t surprise me that much if he goes to Cincy.
He should his camp looks incompetant.

I can't believe all the negatism here. Who knows what's going on in his mind and family. We all make wrong choices which affect others. I'd be thrilled to have him back. The team would be that much more special next season. Fans are very fickle sometimes.
I'd take him back too. That's what a commitment means ... Darius you have a scholarship waiting for you at SU with your name on it. We meant what we said.

Egads. Didn't expect this turn of potential events.

I don't think you can let him out of the LOI. I don't see how it affects recruiting. If it does, it only affects kids who commit without really being committed. Who else is going to not sign with us because we have a policy against being screwed with?

The thing is, if you welcome him back, how can you trust him going forward? You'd have to stop engaging transfers/grad transfers again, because the spot would be ostensibly filled. And what happens if he does the flibbertigibbet act again, and re-decides the semi-pro route is more advantageous. Whether that's in two weeks or two months?

We keep saying it's "unprofessional" of him, but he's not a professional. If he were, we could set a contract that penalizes him financially for breaking it. The NCAA and NBA are going to have to come together to address this chasm of nebulousness at some point. I'm not sure which party is disinterested in codifying a standard that both protects the NCAA and also ensures the NBA gets players who already have an earned brand.

I'd like to know more about how he 'dissed' our team during his visits, though. That kind of thing just shocks me. Seems just idiotic if he ever did entertain the possibility of playing (and living) with them.

Who cares? We have been on probation twice. Our coach lost 100 wins. We went through the Bernie Fine fiasco. We can put up with this standing on our head. And we are right. Don't let him out of his LOI. And if we decide to let him out, put restrictions on where he can go. No Cinn. No ACC schools. You wanted to be a trail blazer, here you go.
Love this post.

Agreed.

Howard, Battle, and Carey are going to initiate the offense next year. It's not going to be initiated by Bazley. He would be a top option to go to, but moreso in a CJ Fair type role.

Possibly. But Bazely now has WAY more ability to put it on the floor and pass than CJ ever did. Bazely can help in transition and leading a break. I’m saying this even realizing Bazely’s game is a bit overrated, IMO, and not sure he could even come close to a Bagley type season even on a good team if he was allowed to dominate the ball. He’s good but he’s not some dominant force.

I can't believe all the negatism here. Who knows what's going on in his mind and family. We all make wrong choices which affect others. I'd be thrilled to have him back. The team would be that much more special next season. Fans are very fickle sometimes.
Well, the prevailing thought is that he wants to play college ball at Cinci. So... Commit to OSU, de-commit form OSU, commit to SU, back out of commitment and be the first ever to go straight to the G-League, then want out of the G-League and back to college to de-commit from SU and commit to Cinci. At some point, it's more than a bad choice...

Well, the prevailing thought is that he wants to play college ball at Cinci. So... Commit to OSU, de-commit form OSU, commit to SU, back out of commitment and be the first ever to go straight to the G-League, then want out of the G-League and back to college to de-commit from SU and commit to Cinci. At some point, it's more than a bad choice...
So he's critical of our offense yet he wants to play at cincy. Has he seen how bad their offense has been over the years. When was the last time they did anything in march? This seems made up.

If he is allowed to do that, then the LOI is meaningless.

I just think we should make him go pro.

It’s not fair to Golden/Braswell.
Bazley is a lottery pick next year but he doesn’t want to be here.

I think we should get one of Golden or Braswell hope Green transfers and Battle comes back.

I can’t foresee a roster with all 5 starters back and Bazley on the team next year.

How is it not fair to Golden or Braswell? Unless I’ve missed something neither has comitted to us yet?

If Frank was allowed back i would think Baz should be good as well.

How is it not fair to Golden or Braswell? Unless I’ve missed something neither has comitted to us yet?
Bazley made his decision. Good luck.
I would take Golden or Braswell now.
Unless Bazley kneels before Zod screw taking him back and he won’t kneel. I just think he wants to not handle the decommitment okay then screw him.

It's going to be interesting to see how we handle it, at the end of the day I bet we release him from his LOI, but I could see JB saying..."we'll release to any school not in the ACC outside the state of Ohio."

JBs past the point where he has to be concerned about burning a recruiting bridge.

Id take him back you don't pass on talent but the first complaints about pt touches or causing a locker room stir he's suspended.

Id take him back you don't pass on talent but the first complaints about pt touches or causing a locker room stir he's suspended.
What if him coming back would be a negative for Battle?

If Darius wants to come to Syracuse...he must...
IMG_1374.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom