Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

Elite?

And who cares, it's a year and he's focusing that year on basketball with no distractions.
That I agree with ... not much going on at the Motel 8 (j/k, I’m sure they can find places to go out). Its his choice. But I don’t think anyone’s out of line saying it’s stupid — since no one’s taking this route out of all the top players.

Based on?

You see guys like Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, Bryce Harper, Tom Brady who have completely dedicated their lives to their craft.
We are talking about college kids they need some balance. I bet you Brady had some experiences at Michigan that he wouldn't trade in for anything.

We are talking about college kids they need some balance. I bet you Brady had some experiences at Michigan that he wouldn't trade in for anything.

I bet there are at least two experiences in Ann Arbor that he would gladly cash in for a couple of do-overs against a certain NFC East team in a fairly important football game.
17AE60EE-DD42-4B2D-A7E2-D6FF75851665.jpeg

What about LeBron and Kobe?

No it doesn’t. The page you cited has that number too - on average 62 guys with nba contracts played in the g league. My 50 number, which comes from the cite I provided a couple posts back, is just call ups. So last year about 110 guys played in both the d league and the nba. That’s a big number! (Actually a lot bigger than I would have guessed)
But you picked a high number year. ‘At least’ (Q-8) means sometimes it was 30. So maybe 30 is low but not any less accurate than picking something from the higher end of the range. Also (Q-8), it says a “record” 135 NBA players were in the GL, which was “30%” of the league last year. Maybe my math is off, but that would seem to put the league’s total players at 450, and by deduction the remaining 70% (315) represent the total non-NBA contracted players. So assuming your best-case figure of 50 it would make the odds 1- 6 (again estimating), not much better than college (1-7) or assuming 40 are called up, a little worse (1-8).

I still like the odds at a high profile school like SU with a long history of putting guys in the NBA, rather than a 17 year old trying to scrap with veteran players in a guard-oriented league with little coverage. Bazely would never last more than one year in college. But he could play several years in the GL without being drafted since he has to compete against 0lder, much more experienced and physically developed players. Anyway, thx for the discussion.

Last edited:
Those are once in a lifetime talents. I've heard Kobe and lebron talk before about what college would have been like.

And neither one would have done a thing differently.

And neither one would have done a thing differently.

Those guys are hoop immortals. This kid is just another nice player with upside.

And it even took Kobe til year 3 to get to 19 per game.

I like the part where we’d all make a different choice and not be at all conflicted about what steps our son might take on his journey to a multi-million dollar career.

Those guys are hoop immortals. This kid is just another nice player with upside.

And it even took Kobe til year 3 to get to 19 per game.

Jonathan Bender, Kwame Brown, I'd be glad to follow in their footsteps.

I like the part where we’d all make a different choice and not be at all conflicted about what steps our son might take on his journey to a multi-million dollar career.
That path starts with 20 to 30k.

Jonathan Bender, Kwame Brown, I'd be glad to follow in their footsteps.

How would you like to be jordan and have gone to nba after three years college?

What are you arguing anyways?

That path starts with 20 to 30k.

It could start with playing a handful of games then tearing his acl and getting drafted in the first round anyway like McCullough.

It could start with playing a handful of games then tearing his acl and getting drafted in the first round anyway like McCullough.
Part of the reason Chris got his money was what he did at su. If bazely doesn't produce he won't even get that.

How would you like to be jordan and have gone to nba after three years college?

What are you arguing anyways?

Jordan would stay all three years now in this day in age? Come on.

I'm arguing that you don't have to go to college to make the NBA and make money and you don't even have to have amazing success to be a multi millionaire being successful in the NBA to achieve it. Bazley will be a first round pick next year and I don't think a lot of people here want to admit that.

Part of the reason Chris got his money was what he did at su. If bazely doesn't produce he won't even get that.

Stop. He did nothing here and even a HOF coach said he was hot garbage against Colgate and asked who was going to draft him before he got injured. He probably would've gone higher if he never played a game here.

Stop. He did nothing here and even a HOF coach said he was hot garbage against Colgate and asked who was going to draft him before he got injured. He probably would've gone higher if he never played a game here.
He played like 13 14 games small sample size but he showed flashes of what he could have been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom