Day Sixteen Fall Camp: Thurs., August 17, 2017 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Day Sixteen Fall Camp: Thurs., August 17, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty much what I expect, too. If Dungey manages to stay upright, then DeVito redshirts and they roll with Mahoney as the backup. If Dungey gets hurt / misses time for the third consecutive year, then the fast tracking of DeVito begins.
I think it would also depend on timing and situation. If Dungey were to get hurt late with no chance at a bowl, the shirt stays.

Dungey gets hurt early and Devito is even or ahead of Mahoney, burn the shirt.

Dungey gets hurt and Devito is a little behind Mahoney, the shirt stays.

Culpepper leap frogs everyone, redshirt Dungey.;)

I don't think you can read too much from 10 minutes of media permitted practice.

If I may ask, what were your expectations concerning TD this year?
My expectations were to get a few series with the first team in practice and see what he can do . He had been getting 7 on reps w the first

A chance just a chance

I played HS ball an I don't ever recall in a scrimmage situation or in practice where the #2 QB got reps with the ones. Unless the #1 QB was hurt.

He isn't being asked to be handed anything , just a chance ! If u people can't understand that than I can't have a convo with you ! And careful what u wish for , grass doesn't grow under my feet

Take a breath. We get what you're saying and I'm sure you're frustrated. How many times has someone gone into a season a number 2 (or even a three) and played a metric ton of plays? Hell there are still a few weeks left in camp. It will all be fine, TD will have a great career (that I honestly hope doesn't start this season because of an injury to anyone). All you see are 10 second clips and what Tommy sees and is told. NO ONE knows what Dino is planning, but if anyone is a QB guru it's him. Trust he is going to do everything he can to turn Tommy into the best player he can be. Look at some of the guys he's gotten drafted, and Tommy is his prize recruit. Dino's going to want to be able to point to him in the future and tell recruits they can be the next TD. It's a win win for everyone, just take a breath and let it ride.

He isn't being asked to be handed anything , just a chance ! If u people can't understand that than I can't have a convo with you ! And careful what u wish for , grass doesn't grow under my feet
There's so much time. We can understand that you're frustrated. Your son has no less bright a future.

I should add that I couldn't be more excited to see this kid grow into the #1 QB in Dino's O. I think he'll break every Syracuse passing record.

He's good, Dino's good. Trust the process.

Well said, and in the next year or 2, i think we see ED put Cuse qbs back on the radar after Nassib and get drafted...paving the way for TD. It's good to be orange:)

Fully expect Devito to play this year.

Why? Expecting, routing for ED to get hurt? Because, please realize, thats the only way TD sees the field minus mop up duty in a blow out. And even then, why burn the shirt?

The situation is very close to what Mitch trubisky experienced at UNC. Redshirted, then sat then started and then #2 to bears. Some thought he was better than the incumbent but trubisky never complained just worked his ass off and when he got his shot he was ready. A little patience is not so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.