Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit embarrassing if he remains at RU though, for us at least.

Whatever, i'll tip my cap to the girls, I would pay to hear what their recruiting spiel is, becuase even though i grew up with RU as the lauging stock of college football, what has transpired in the past 8-10 years for them hasnt been spectacular either. Don't get me wrong, it def hasnt been great for us either, but at least we can say the grob years were just a blip on radar. There football style of play is atrocious.

Big hit on this one. Its obviously a guy SU wanted pretty bad. Program will survive and we'll move on but i'd be lying if i said this one didn't hurt a bit.

Being the age i am (in my 40's) i simply can't believe the class RU is putting together. Would love to know their sell.

Whatever, i'll tip my cap to the girls, I would pay to hear what their recruiting spiel is, becuase even though i grew up with RU as the lauging stock of college football, what has transpired in the past 8-10 years hasnt been spectacular either. There football style of play is atrocious.

no way to sugar coat it, they are doing something right, and have beat us out for a couple priority guys. with Hallmon I really hope we move on though.

I think its disappointing bc we were hearing he was supposed to a mcdonald kid. Mcdonald was suppod to be a magic recruiter for us. Hope its still true

I'm not one to question, and I hate people to do. I'm just confused as to why we are stalling a bit on the recruiting trail. I know losing FHCDM put a little instability in our program, but to all accounts, we should be doing a lot better than we are in the recruiting scene.

Not surprised one bit, all the signs have been pointing to Rutgers the last few weeks, when he cancelled his visit here I know some tried to brush it off but I knew it was a bad sign. At this point I am sure he will change his mind a couple dozen times between now and signing day but I hope the staff congratulates him and wishes him well tonight and then moves on completely. Better to put our time and effort into someone else and not get involved in this circus.

I'm not one to question, and I hate people to do. I'm just confused as to why we are stalling a bit on the recruiting trail. I know losing FHCDM put a little instability in our program, but to all accounts, we should be doing a lot better than we are in the recruiting scene.

with what Stoops, Jones, Doeren, and Addazio are doing on the recruiting trail I don't think we can use coaching turnover as an excuse.
With that said we are still absolutely fine. We mostly likely are only taking around 19 recruits, maybe 20 tops. We have 10 right now, and 11 if Williams doesn't get cleared until Jan. That only leaves 8 spots left. I think we have 1 of those locked up, and are in good shape for a couple. We really only have a handful of spots left we really have to go after. We should be fine when it's all said and done. The season just needs to start so we can start posting some W's

Jack I dont think were that far off from where we realistically should have expected be and have been the last few years. I think to many people got caught up in Mcdonald's background and started thinking top 40 class before they actually looked at the staff and the fact that this is there first class. That being said I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed in the fact McDonald hasn't brought in anyone yet and its nearly September. We have some experienced recruiters in some of the guys like Lee and Bullough but to be honest outside of McDonald (from previous positions) who do we have as an above average recruiter on staff? It doesn't help that a lot of the guys are new to the East Coast and Moore is still batting .000 in year 3.

No sugar coating it. Recruiting is a mess.

A mess, really? Granted this one does hurt a bit, but there's also no sugar coating the fact that it's August. The kids committed so far are solid. A strong showing on the field this season, and who knows who actually will wind up signing in February. Maybe even Hallmon?

no way to sugar coat it, they are doing something right, and have beat us out for a couple priority guys. with Hallmon I really hope we move on though.
Agreed. And this has been going on for the last 4/5 years, not just since the B1G came a calling. I do agree, we move on and forget him.

Enh. :noidea: Be patient. Give McD a year under his belt. I have faith in his recruiting. Will come down to how well he does on the field IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the attraction of RU, at this time, is their entrance into the big 10...say what you will, it is a bigger pull than playing for a northeastern acc team right now.....now granted, this is a start up chance for RU.

many of the SU fans predict RU may fall on its face playing in the eastern division of the big 10...but, that will have to be played out before it hurts RU recruiting...

Hallmon probably verbals to RU tonight...that said, all fl0rida verbals are soft till signing day....he might wind up elsewhere...the the cuse has put in a strong effort here.

Then what was the excuse the past 4 years...

SU has 8 recruits. Explain to me how this is good.
we could have zero

Calm-Down-Bro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.