DB DeJuan Rogers Cuse offer | Syracusefan.com

DB DeJuan Rogers Cuse offer

DeJuan Rogers@Troub_
Thanking god for receiving my first #BCS offer from #Syracuse feels great. Thanks to everyone who has called and showed love.

So does that mean we struck out with the big fish and are dropping back with 2nd tier offers?

So does that mean we struck out with the big fish and are dropping back with 2nd tier offers?

From what I have read they are recruiting Rogers for Corner. Also the coaches must like the program at Cass as they have also offered a 2014 prospecct.

Given the big fish we offered this year, the 2nd tier guys are probably still at least as talented as who we have on roster right now.

Given the big fish we offered this year, the 2nd tier guys are probably still at least as talented as who we have on roster right now.
Yeah Douglas went to Penn State and Avertt went to Alabama, tough to compete with those schools right now.

Its a strategy in place for decades with Syracuse football. I can't recall the last absolute top tier player we brought into the program.:noidea:

It's still April and you think this is a BList kid? Good lord.

Doesnt this really depend on your definition of "A" and "B" lists. I think most assume that the earliest offers go to the most prize recruits. Offers after that could be considered the second rung kids. I dont think that's really fair though because it doesnt take into account how the evaluation process unfolds or how the kids develop.

Doesnt this really depend on your definition of "A" and "B" lists. I think most assume that the earliest offers go to the most prize recruits. Offers after that could be considered the second rung kids. I dont think that's really fair though because it doesnt take into account how the evaluation process unfolds or how the kids develop.

It's pretty silly to believe any kid being offered right now falls into the B list category. 2013 kids are all still juniors in high school, and none of the combines or college camps have happened yet, I'd say the evaluation process is still unfolding.

Teaser from Garcia...
"Syracuse has seven 2013 commits from five different states - NY, FL, MD, PA and TX. Wonder which state will be next...I'll say Michigan."

Rogers is suppose to decide in June, is he the next one?

Its a strategy in place for decades with Syracuse football. I can't recall the last absolute top tier player we brought into the program.:noidea:

DCIII was Mr. Ohio Football, a 4/5 start prospect, courted by OSU. He was Top Tier.

Teaser from Garcia...
"Syracuse has seven 2013 commits from five different states - NY, FL, MD, PA and TX. Wonder which state will be next...I'll say Michigan."

Rogers is suppose to decide in June, is he the next one?
Makes sense to me. I think what we are seeing with this flurry of commitments is the pressure the relatively small size of this class is putting on Syracuse recruits. There are only 17-20 slots or so, and for many positions, only room to take one or two players. As players verbal, the opportunity to accept an offer from Syracuse decreases.

Assuming Davis comes here, SU probably only has room for 1 more RB in the class (maybe 2 if they are the right two). We are done with QBs. We have taken 2 LBs...almost done there. We have taken 2 DTs. Might be done there. A guy like Camara might be waiting to see what players like the Big 2 are going to do. The dominos are falling fast.

Point is we might be a better team out there and able to contend to win most games, but we aren't going to the next level unless we start picking up on some top talent for DM. The ACC will be a much tuffer place to play than the Big Easy, and we frankly have not fared very well against anybody in the BE, except WV who is gone now. We are looking at 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5 years at this rate. This isn't going to make a top tier player come here. If we want to own NY, as they keep saying, you have to bag most of the top talent out of it, or put your resources to work where maybe you can get it.

Point is we might be a better team out there and able to contend to win most games, but we aren't going to the next level unless we start picking up on some top talent for DM. The ACC will be a much tuffer place to play than the Big Easy, and we frankly have not fared very well against anybody in the BE, except WV who is gone now. We are looking at 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5 years at this rate. This isn't going to make a top tier player come here. If we want to own NY, as they keep saying, you have to bag most of the top talent out of it, or put your resources to work where maybe you can get it.
holy crap - you are the most annoying broken record on the internet

so Van - what's your opinion on Coach Marrone's recruiting thus far - I'm still unsure what your position is on the matter - good lord :bang:

Is it frustrating that we haven't been able to land much of the top talent in New York recently? Yes, but it's not like we aren't trying. We've gotten players like Wayne Morgan, Brandon Reddish, Ashton Broyld, etc. under Marrone. We've been close to landing other big fish, but haven't been able to close it out. I'm sure as the staff gets more experienced, we'll be able to hang onto more big fish.

I'm not sure I understand how we aren't putting our resources into landing top New York talent. As I mentioned before we've been able to land some coveted, BCS, players from the state. The New York Football Classic, which features the top dogs, is held in the Carrier Dome. It's a game that's only 3 years old, and as it ages will help build bonds with high schools across the state. Gross will have, A LOT, more money coming in, once we enter the ACC. Teams in the ACC will also help us recruit. We'll play FSU, Clemson, BC, Pitt, UMD, NCSU, and WF every year. We can now match what teams like Penn State and Notre Dame offer with their schedules.

. If we want to own NY, as they keep saying, you have to bag most of the top talent out of it, or put your resources to work where maybe you can get it.
What "resources" are you referring to that we're aren't utilizing in recruiting? Do we need a helicopter?

According to his twitter Rogers will be announcing his choice 6/20. Did he attend a camp with SU in MI this week??

It seems he and Charles Davis have been talking as well...