Class of 2022 - DB Isaiah Johnson (MI / Dartmouth) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/7/22) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Isaiah Johnson (MI / Dartmouth) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/7/22)

Even he had of, I'm sure they would have found a way to get him in. This kid is a baller.

Boom!
This is the first time I had a thought pop into my head that maybe, just maybe, we are going to have the best secondary unit in the ACC next season.

It is a tall order. The ACC produces NFL corners and safeties like Indiana soil produces corn, or NJ swamps produce swamp gas.

The battles for starting jobs at all positions are going to be epic. Both in the spring and then in the fall. Isaiah has size, speed and smarts. And experience.

I am thinking he will move to Syracuse as soon as he graduates from Dartmouth and commerce workouts/learning the Syracuse defensive scheme. My guess is that he ends up at one of the safety positions. With his athletic ability and size, he can help us in a lot of ways.

He is the perfect Tony White player.

With the secondary we have now I think Tony White will switch to the 2-2-7 defense.
A-la the Colts circa 2018 …

Interesting to see a player respond directly to the coach on Twitter. I don’t tweet so I’m ignorant about all of it. But I’m sure Coach Monroe can’t respond directly even though the player reached out to him first. Strange world.

The days of playing 4 true frosh in our 5 player secondary are gone. Hopefully forever.

If we have learned anything in our time playing in the ACC, it is that there is no substitute for quality depth. You have to have it to compete in this meat grinder of a conference.

We aren't there in a bunch of areas but one area we are finally in good shape is the secondary.

Welcome Isaiah!

Tony White always says the 5 best players will play in our secondary. Not sure where Isaiah is going to end up but if he is healthy, I am confident he is going to play.

Interesting to see a player respond directly to the coach on Twitter. I don’t tweet so I’m ignorant about all of it. But I’m sure Coach Monroe can’t respond directly even though the player reached out to him first. Strange world.
A bunch of unsolicited highlight videos from Canada. LOL

Are you talking about all the kids tweeting their HUDL videos to the coach? That is a constant on twitter.. What the coach can do is review the HUDl and then decide if they want to contact the kid/HS coach.

The days of playing 4 true frosh in our 5 player secondary are gone. Hopefully forever.

If we have learned anything in our time playing in the ACC, it is that there is no substitute for quality depth. You have to have it to compete in this meat grinder of a conference.

We aren't there in a bunch of areas but one area we are finally in good shape is the secondary.

Welcome Isaiah!

Tony White always says the 5 best players will play in our secondary. Not sure where Isaiah is going to end up but if he is healthy, I am confident he is going to play.
Well said.

Now we just have to keep everyone happy coming out of spring ball.