DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

Anyone else find the goodbye message to be interesting? Anyway, that’s a pretty cool transition for him.

Anyone else find the goodbye message to be interesting? Anyway, that’s a pretty cool transition for him.
I thought it was pretty telling and consistent with what we’ve all heard on here. He got paid and did what he had to do for his family. Can’t fault him for that. But his heart was still on the hill. Says a lot about Monroe and Dino and the culture they’ve built.

How do any of us even know he got paid? It’s all just conjecture and guessing, and even if anyone claims to have inside information it’s still not confirmed.

How do any of us even know he got paid? It’s all just conjecture and guessing, and even if anyone claims to have inside information it’s still not confirmed.
if you’re transferring, it’s either for money, playing time or some family reason.

I don’t think these NIL deals are being fully disclosed. I guess there isn’t a lot of upside for anyone to promote numbers.

But we all know OSU has the resources to pay a starting DB very handsomely.

I don’t think these NIL deals are being fully disclosed. I guess there isn’t a lot of upside for anyone to promote numbers.

But we all know OSU has the resources to pay a starting DB very handsomely.
It’s just strange that it’s not transparent, though I suppose it doesn’t have to be. It’s just not something we’re used to as fans, the not knowing why someone left.

Not that we are entitled to know, it just feels like there isn’t closure.

It’s just strange that it’s not transparent, though I suppose it doesn’t have to be. It’s just not something we’re used to as fans, the not knowing why someone left.

CFB has never been transparent. There’s been back door deals for decades, at least now it’s technically okay.

CFB has never been transparent. There’s been back door deals for decades, at least now it’s technically okay.
That’s recruiting though, I’m talking about the transfers.

They weren’t transferring to pay for play after years in a single program for decades, that’s a recent development - they had to sit out a year. There was never a free transfer before having to sit out.

They weren’t transferring to pay for play after years in a single program for decades, that’s a recent development - they had to sit out a year. There was never a free transfer before having to sit out.

Apples and apples, just different varieties. There’s always been money flowing to players. Before it was behind the doors, today it isn’t except for exact $’s involved.

Apples and apples, just different varieties. There’s always been money flowing to players. Before it was behind the doors, today it isn’t except for exact $’s involved.
Nope

That’s been the factory school m.o. forever only now most of it is on the surface where we can see it.

Well this definitely sucks for us but we all knew what was going to happen. Just sucks we have to beat the big dogs for good recruits and develop them and then lose them anyway to the big dogs.

But Really happy for Carter. He’s a great kid and I don’t blame him. I’m sure he really wants to be in Syracuse, but taking a big bag of cash now and going to OSU where he will be in the spotlight as a starter is a good deal for him. Good luck Carter.

Hopefully we can use this in a positive way in recruiting somehow.

25 -50k tops I’m guessing. His agent or advisor or whatever they go by has a whole lot of interesting tweets about these kids demanding 6 figures and they are finding out only a select few get that. Even for a top safety in this market I don’t think it’s any life changing money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom