DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

25 -50k tops I’m guessing. His agent or advisor or whatever they go by has a whole lot of interesting tweets about these kids demanding 6 figures and they are finding out only a select few get that. Even for a top safety in this market I don’t think it’s any life changing money.
Wow, definitely interesting. I would have thought it would have been a lot more than that.

Apples and apples, just different varieties. There’s always been money flowing to players. Before it was behind the doors, today it isn’t except for exact $’s involved.
… and what services precisely are the players providing to receive the money? Remember it’s not supposed to be for playing for OSU. So what’s the service? How exactly is their Name, Image, or Likeness earning that kind of dough? It’s kind of a rhetorical question.

Last edited:
Wow, definitely interesting. I would have thought it would have been a lot more than that.
The athletic had a story yesterday detailing what top recruits were being offered and it’s way way more than that. High 6 to 7 figures. There’s no way he left for 25-50, especially right after OSU’s defense got shredded. I’m friends with some big OSU fans and they alone would pay more for secondary help.

Best wishes to Jahad that young man is very gifted, my god Ohio St. is as good as it gets I look forward to watching him play next year he earned this promotion.
Promotion? That's a very minor league attitude and I'm not ready to go there. Call me crazy, but I think Syracuse is as good as it gets.

25 -50k tops I’m guessing. His agent or advisor or whatever they go by has a whole lot of interesting tweets about these kids demanding 6 figures and they are finding out only a select few get that. Even for a top safety in this market I don’t think it’s any life changing money.
Of course every player feels confident in their abilities and hope to get paid. They over judge their value as HS recruits as well. If the teams want you bad enough they will pay you. On top of that, we dont know what amount of money is life changing for each individual.

Last edited:
… and what services precisely are the players providing to receive the money? Remember it’s not supposed to be for playing for OSU. So what’s the service? How exactly is their Name, Image, or Likeness earning that kind of dough? It’s kind of a rhetorical question.

I’m generalizing. $ is available to players. Decades ago it was behind the scenes. Today it’s not.

Of course every player feels confident in their abilities and hope to get paid. They over judge their value as HS recruits as well. If the teams want you bad enough they will pay you. On top of that, we dont know what amount of money is life changing for each individual.
That’s a nice way of explaining it

My thought with him is why not stay where ur coaches obviously know how to get guys in nfl. I know he might make a few bucks but he is going to make more in the league with his abilities. I would keep getting coached up but it’s not my decision.

50k I’m sure is life changing for a 20 year old kid but it’ll last what two maybe three years; and that’s being smart with it. Still going to need that piece of paper.

He’ll have that piece of paper.

Because he can always go back and get it, after his football career is over, if he doesn’t finish up his degree at tOSU next year.

He can only monetize his athletic ability for a very finite time period.
And he’s only one play away from losing that ability due to injury.

It sucks that this is now the way things are, but I cannot fault a guy for doing what’s best for him and his family.
If this helps put food in their mouths or keep a roof over their heads, then who wouldn’t do the same thing if given the chance?

Someone had indicated his family needed the money and it was apparently mentioned on a mob podcast. So if true and let's say $50k. To me that much could help his family with rent maybe? Maybe helps put some food money in the budget? Maybe it's not just going into his pocket? Some maybes in my comment but again the rumor was his family needed some help. If that's true, shouldn't we laud him for trying to help his family?

Someone had indicated his family needed the money and it was apparently mentioned on a mob podcast. So if true and let's say $50k. To me that much could help his family with rent maybe? Maybe helps put some food money in the budget? Maybe it's not just going into his pocket? Some maybes in my comment but again the rumor was his family needed some help. If that's true, shouldn't we laud him for trying to help his family?

Sudano laughed about this a week ago. Thought it was a funny story…..

Sudano laughed about this a week ago. Thought it was a funny story…..

I think people are confusing life changing money and $ that helps day to day for their college careers, not just for them but their families. Either way they are maximizing their earning potential, RIGHT NOW. So it kind of is- life changing? Whether they make it to the NFL or not? Well if they are good enough I bet they will make it and I don't expect Carter to sit at OSU from the looks of it he will start day 1 there.

SO even if it is 50K? I bet it's probably the low end and probably 2 x that well good for him.

His family is barely surviving?! Please start a fundraiser and call all charitable services immediately.

This was his response 10 pages back.

My thought with him is why not stay where ur coaches obviously know how to get guys in nfl. I know he might make a few bucks but he is going to make more in the league with his abilities. I would keep getting coached up but it’s not my decision.
This is going to be an interesting case study. Clearly would be going to the NFL is some capacity after this upcoming year if he stayed with us. I could see him being a mid round draft pick for sure. Will he improve his stock at OSU? Or be just another good player on their team, but doesn’t get the focus as much. I’m genuinely curious. Crazy times we live in where you give up a p5 starting spot who is putting out nfl guys yearly lately

I think people are confusing life changing money and $ that helps day to day for their college careers, not just for them but their families. Either way they are maximizing their earning potential, RIGHT NOW. So it kind of is- life changing? Whether they make it to the NFL or not? Well if they are good enough I bet they will make it and I don't expect Carter to sit at OSU from the looks of it he will start day 1 there.

SO even if it is 50K? I bet it's probably the low end and probably 2 x that well good for him.
Good points. On top of that, people are way off on their guesses.

Think he makes it to the NFL if he stays at CUSE

I know he has the confidence that he’s going to go to Ohio State and start right away and he should….however, things don’t always work that way. Much more likely to be recruited over there.

If he all of a sudden finds himself 2nd string his road to the NFL just got a whole lot harder.

May the odds be ever in your favor Carter

Agreed and I’m sure he got a lot more than 50.

Id say he got 250k
Wouldn't shock me at all, position of dire need for OSU as well. I do agree with those that OSU will bring in a bunch of guys and let it sort itself out which for Carter could back fire but he did secure the bag. I do think he will wind up starting though

In general are these are these numbers every year or a 1 timer?

I have no idea was just curious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom