DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

I think if fans want a say in how this NIL/Portal open market is used, they have to be sure to ask - every time - “What service is this player providing in order to earn these NIL monies? Ask it every time. Is the kid getting $50,000 to “sign a couple autographs”? Make schools or donors answer that question. Make them responsible.

So surprise surprise, Ja'Had got hurt in the Spring. Honestly, this may not be as big a loss as initially thought. He plays hard, but usually pays the price for it.

Ja'Had is a wonderful player and comes from a very difficult background. He's a player that has earned and deserves 100% support.
Agree. He was my favorite defensive player on the team. But, his kamikaze style, and being injury prone was not a good combo. That neck injury scare last Spring, may have been a boon. Think he played a little more reserved last season; and got through the year because of it.

According to the article, Jahad was playing with the 2nd team prior to the injury
yup. But playing well and still had a chance to move up the depth chart. Have to think they can't just move him straight up the depth chart too quickly over other established players unless he is absolutely killing it. And it happened 3 weeks ago so not sure he had a ton of time to make the move.

Last edited:
He can also not get drafted as a starter at Cuse.
Great point. This is something that a lot of players entering the portal for quick money miss. If you are a starter you get a lot of exposure. One of reasons he was sought after in the portal. If you are second or third team there is limited time to show your skills. A player is not getting drafted into the league just because they fill a roster spot at Ohio st, Michigan, Alabama Georgia etc.
With that being said I do hope jaHad is able to be successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom