DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

just to give you all perspective, Ohio state got outbid by Georgia by more than $1m for a recruit, resulting in AD reaching out to fan base to contribute to nil funds… barstool ran the story recently. As I said when nil was passed, be careful what you ask for… we’re a private school.

just to give you all perspective, Ohio state got outbid by Georgia by more than $1m for a recruit, resulting in AD reaching out to fan base to contribute to nil funds… barstool ran the story recently. As I said when nil was passed, be careful what you ask for… we’re a private school.

And that’s issue one in the problem. Recruits should be getting nothing. No NIL deals. They haven’t “made” a school anything (yet). How people can be so ignorant to think this isn’t pay for play.

had some private chats with people that this one was coming. Believe it or not, Syracuse has done an “okay” job with mitigating losses so far. This one hurts. Fingers crossed we don’t see a wax departure over the next week.

If there’s one position we can absorb a hit it’s safety.

And that’s issue one in the problem. Recruits should be getting nothing. No NIL deals. They haven’t “made” a school anything (yet). How people can be so ignorant to think this isn’t pay for play.

Honestly, I think you are one of the few people in the country who takes that nuance seriously. Not saying that in a derogatory manner but it’s impossible to police.

Honestly, I think you are one of the few people in the country who takes that nuance seriously. Not saying that in a derogatory manner but it’s impossible to police.
I’m the only one in the country that thinks recruits shouldn’t be paid/bought? I don’t think so and there’s plenty on this board.

I’m the only one on the country that thinks recruits shouldn’t be paid/bought? I don’t think so and there’s plenty on this board.

I don’t think most people spend their time focusing on how the rules don’t allow players to be bought from a technical perspective… it’s just impossible to prove intent and the NCAA doesn’t want to litigate it

Asinine take.

Putting it mildly.
How so? If you have the intention of becoming a head coach the last thing you want to do is be on the staff of a coach who gets fired after a poor season

I’m the only one on the country that thinks recruits shouldn’t be paid/bought? I don’t think so and there’s plenty on this board.
It was a fantasy that the big schools would pay any attention to any rules that the NCAA would come up with. The Supreme Court should have stayed completely out of it, and said nothing.
When they agreed to make any statement, that made all approaches legal.
Pandora's box is open, and it's not going to be closed.
I don't like it, but we all have to accept it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom