DB Ja'Had Carter transferring to Ohio State | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter transferring to Ohio State

My bad thought that was used as the reason he hasn’t been playing.
Carter leaving was not purely based on playing time. He had a unique family situation. I think its been hinted on this thread a few times. I know you wanted him to help this team win but the players have different agendas regarding how they want their careers/lives to go.

Remember the line was a disaster at the time. It was very very bad. I am not exaggerating. They were limited in some of the schemes they could run. They started adding more run plays once the line got more continuity and familiar with their assignments and techniques. Jordan just didnt get a chance to play after that.

Wasn't that when Elmore was moved to the OL?

Dark days. Covid year I think? Jordan was supposed to be 3rd string, or 3rd down type back (not that we ever use one of those). But Allen and Howard departed.

Dark days. Covid year I think? Jordan was supposed to be 3rd string, or 3rd down type back (not that we ever use one of those). But Allen and Howard departed.
Yes. That year

Remember the line was a disaster at the time. It was very very bad. I am not exaggerating. They were limited in some of the schemes they could run. They started adding more run plays once the line got more continuity and familiar with their assignments and techniques. Jordan just didnt get a chance to play after that.
There could be something to that. We don't know what things would have looked like if he stayed healthy.

I had seeing something about them departing because it was clear they were going to lose a bunch of touches to Jordan.

Yea but the fact is he wasn’t injured before. He just wasn’t playing.
I don't think this is completely true. He was doing well in the beginning of the spring then got injured. Others got the reps after that and I think Carter lost his place on the depth chart. Not sure when he was completely healthy again. I think it wasn't until during the beginning of the season but by that time others were entrenched in their roles. But this likely wouldn't have happened the same at SU if the same scenario occurred as we know better what he can bring to the table in comparison to the rest of our roster. Part of the risk they take by transferring.

I don't think this is completely true. He was doing well in the beginning of the spring then got injured. Others got the reps after that and I think Carter lost his place on the depth chart. Not sure when he was completely healthy again. I think it wasn't until during the beginning of the season but by that time others were entrenched in their roles. But this likely wouldn't have happened the same at SU if the same scenario occurred as we know better what he can bring to the table in comparison to the rest of our roster. Part of the risk they take by transferring.
Certainly should be considered when factoring into such a decision.

Certainly should be considered when factoring into such a decision.
Exactly. If you have a good situation going that is trending like yo may make it to the NFL why risk making a move that may make things worse. Seems just more likely something negative is going to happen than positive.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom