DB Ja'Had Carter transferring to Ohio State | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter transferring to Ohio State

Drop by the basketball board. Some are still pining for a player who’s about to enter his third season for the team he transferred to.
I still follow Glenn Sekunda and Tony Scott. And don’t get me started on Richard Manning and Rodney Walker, I could tell you what they had for breakfast. I mean Rodney, try a piece of fruit for heaven’s sake, right?

I still follow Glenn Sekunda and Tony Scott. And don’t get me started on Richard Manning and Rodney Walker, I could tell you what they had for breakfast. I mean Rodney, try a piece of fruit for heaven’s sake, right?
Ricky Harmon says "Hi!" to y'all.

I went to middle/high school with Glenn. He's got a great family - kids are almost all grown (one is still in HS I think).
Unfortunately I missed him by a year at SU.

I went to middle/high school with Glenn. He's got a great family - kids are almost all grown (one is still in HS I think).
Yeah, I know. Tell him to lay off the sausages in the morning and try a little honeydew. It's delightful.

I was there for his stay. Later played pickup ball in Princeton with his older brother. I always asked how his brother was doing. Shame on me.

Mind boggling decision. Probably was most improved player in ACC last year and was that easy dropped pick 6 from probably 1st or 2nd team. The 3-3-5 let him play to his strengths. He was 1 season away from probably being a draft pick. Now he's done. Everyone made a big deal about needing fast $, but I'm sure he would have got NIL $ if he stayed to ease the burden and then a chance to get drafted. Same goes for the other one who had enough good tape for a CB or nickel to get drafted as well. Hate to say it but these should be poster boys for Dino the next time one of our top players thinks of leaving. Not to mention you cant tell me our defense isn't nearly as good as last year. Having 2 all league guys with 3 years of experience would have been huge.

I think if he stayed he would have definitely been drafted after another solid year in which he started. He can play the pass and run as well since he is a solid tackler. I could have seen him playing nickelback in NFL.

Dude is a special teamer now and will go undrafted.

Does he have a 5th year of eligibility because of Covid?

Mind boggling decision. Probably was most improved player in ACC last year and was that easy dropped pick 6 from probably 1st or 2nd team. The 3-3-5 let him play to his strengths. He was 1 season away from probably being a draft pick. Now he's done. Everyone made a big deal about needing fast $, but I'm sure he would have got NIL $ if he stayed to ease the burden and then a chance to get drafted. Same goes for the other one who had enough good tape for a CB or nickel to get drafted as well. Hate to say it but these should be poster boys for Dino the next time one of our top players thinks of leaving. Not to mention you cant tell me our defense isn't nearly as good as last year. Having 2 all league guys with 3 years of experience would have been huge.
It’s not mind boggling. One of the top 5 programs in the sport wants you and has a large NIL war chest. He likely had offers galore. Our defensive coordinator traded in the Cuse card for what they thought was a better opportunity.

Some people flourish (Jordan), some don’t. Posting how a good kid should know what the future is from a one-sided vantage point.

Last edited:
It’s not mind boggling. One of the top 5 programs in the sport wants you and has a large NIL war chest. He likely had offers galore. Our defensive coordinator traded in the Cuse card for what they thought was a better opportunity.

Some people flourish (Jordan), some don’t. Posting how a good kid should know what the future is from a one-sided vantage point.

Jordan and Carter are apples and oranges my man

You can’t compare the two.

Jordan was buried on our depth chart and knew with Tucker ahead of him he wasn’t going to see any early playing time.

Carter was a starter on our team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom