DB Ja'Had Carter transferring to Ohio State | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter transferring to Ohio State

Jordan and Carter are apples and oranges my man

You can’t compare the two.

Jordan was buried on our depth chart and knew with Tucker ahead of him he wasn’t going to see any early playing time.

Carter was a starter on our team.
Yeah….I will say this though. Anybody who saw Jordan in person at that Spring game knew his speed was not good, not great but elite. When you have a player with any trait like that, you figure out a way to make it work.

I think that is especially true with Jordan because of the affinity he had and still seems to have for SU. I get the idea of using him in the slot but it probably would have benefitted Tucker as well to have them split time in the backfield As he was clearly overworked.

When you throw on top of that the fact that Tucker was overrated by the staff as a pass catcher (how many wheel routes did they try to throw him with no separation, etc.) and I get why Jordan left. I never heard that he was demanding to be the starter but if I am wrong in that regard, I guess I get it. Thought it was more to do with the position change.

SUOrange44

Jordan and Carter are apples and oranges my man

You can’t compare the two.

Jordan was buried on our depth chart and knew with Tucker ahead of him he wasn’t going to see any early playing time.

Carter was a starter on our team.
Any kid who is starting at su and doing well would be advised to stay unless they assured a starting position and major NIL at a factory. Both of these kids have most likely blown their shot at the pros.

It’s not mind boggling. One of the top 5 programs in the sport wants you and has a large NIL war chest. He likely had offers galore. Our defensive coordinator traded in the Cuse card for what they thought was a better opportunity.

Some people flourish (Jordan), some don’t. Posting how a good kid should know what the future is from a one-sided vantage point.
How do you know how much he got? Even at tOSU, who even fans from their program said their NIL program wasn’t where it needed to be. I highly doubt a safety got any huge NIL money.

Last edited:
Yeah….I will say this though. Anybody who saw Jordan in person at that Spring game knew his speed was not good, not great but elite. When you have a player with any trait like that, you figure out a way to make it work.

I think that is especially true with Jordan because of the affinity he had and still seems to have for SU. I get the idea of using him in the slot but it probably would have benefitted Tucker as well to have them split time in the backfield As he was clearly overworked.

When you throw on top of that the fact that Tucker was overrated by the staff as a pass catcher (how many wheel routes did they try to throw him with no separation, etc.) and I get why Jordan left. I never heard that he was demanding to be the starter but if I am wrong in that regard, I guess I get it. Thought it was more to do with the position change.

SUOrange44
Every other school has multiple running backs getting carried every game. iAnother mystery of Babers is his affinity to run his bell cow back into the ground. How don’t you use Tucker on running downs and have Jordan be at worst the 3rd down back. Hell even try him in the slot at times. The way he was utilized was criminal.

But to my original point comparing Jordan to Duce or Carter makes no sense. the latter were both 1 season away from declaring and most likely being drafted.

SUOrange44
He only played 2 games that year. They tried to give him the ball in different ways. He got hurt on a swing pass if I can remember. Jordan just needed more time to develop into a RB that could carry a larger load. He's more experienced and his body is more mature now. He's in his 5th season. I'm not surprised that he's doing well.

Every other school has multiple running backs getting carried every game. iAnother mystery of Babers is his affinity to run his bell cow back into the ground. How don’t you use Tucker on running downs and have Jordan be at worst the 3rd down back. Hell even try him in the slot at times. The way he was utilized was criminal.

But to my original point comparing Jordan to Duce or Carter makes no sense. the latter were both 1 season away from declaring and most likely being drafted.
I have never understood our 1 back rotation at rb. Yes a second rb gets in some time but only garbage time.

It’s not mind boggling. One of the top 5 programs in the sport wants you and has a large NIL war chest. He likely had offers galore. Our defensive coordinator traded in the Cuse card for what they thought was a better opportunity.

Some people flourish (Jordan), some don’t. Posting how a good kid should know what the future is from a one-sided vantage point.
Yeah lets shame players for getting hurt now. Injury risk is one of the reasons why they make decisions for the money.

Who knows why the O never seems to make changes unless there is an injury. White rotated tons of kids and it paid off Long too

Eh, I think his point was accurate. If you’re in a place that’s a good fit and are one of the best players on the team, don’t leave. Grass isn’t always greener. Go somewhere else and you’re starting over - you’re nobody to them. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t. Big risk to take if your goal is NFL.

Eh, I think his point was accurate. If you’re in a place that’s a good fit and are one of the best players on the team, don’t leave. Grass isn’t always greener. Go somewhere else and you’re starting over - you’re nobody to them. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t. Big risk to take if your goal is NFL.
I think we don’t know.

Sometimes the grass is greener (Jawhar Jordan) and it’s more than likely Carter’s wallet certainly is.

How do you know how much he got? Even at tOSU, who even fans from their program, said their NIL program wasn’t where it needed to be. I highly doubt a safety got any huge NIL money.
I know how much he got because of some impressively connected people on this board.

I think we don’t know.

Sometimes the grass is greener (Jawhar Jordan) and it’s more than likely Carter’s wallet certainly is.
Jordan wasn’t one of our proven best players though. He played a couple games, got hurt, and then watched Tucker explode.

He should’ve transferred because he probably would’ve got spot duty behind Tucker, the way we manage our RBs.

Any kid who is starting at su and doing well would be advised to stay unless they assured a starting position and major NIL at a factory. Both of these kids have most likely blown their shot at the pros.

I don't know about blowing their shot all together. As draft picks, probably, but they can still get their shots on the free agent level. In the end, cream always rises to the top.

He only played 2 games that year. They tried to give him the ball in different ways. He got hurt on a swing pass if I can remember. Jordan just needed more time to develop into a RB that could carry a larger load. He's more experienced and his body is more mature now. He's in his 5th season. I'm not surprised that he's doing well.

Yep agreed. I could be wrong I didn’t look it up but the roster was crowded at the time. Tucker, Lutz, Pierre, Adams, Howad maybe?yet he still played a lot in those first few games before getting hurt. If he’d just stick it out but at the time he may have believed it wasn’t going to work out.

Yeah lets shame players for getting hurt now. Injury risk is one of the reasons why they make decisions for the money.
Who’s injured? He’s been on the depth chart and playing the last 3 weeks

Carter had to be helped off the field after an injury he suffered playing special teams on Saturday.
Yea but the fact is he wasn’t injured before. He just wasn’t playing.

Eh, the thing that frustrated me was we didn't actually seem to try and get Jordan the ball in different ways. Lots of dives up the middle slamming your fastest guy into a pile of fat guys.

Then he got hurt, Tucker starts seeing the ball a bit, and suddenly there was more creativity in the running play calls. More stuff off tackle and pitches outside to take advantage of speed in space.

Would have liked to have seen Jordan get some opportunities like that.

Eh, the thing that frustrated me was we didn't actually seem to try and get Jordan the ball in different ways. Lots of dives up the middle slamming your fastest guy into a pile of fat guys.

Then he got hurt, Tucker starts seeing the ball a bit, and suddenly there was more creativity in the running play calls. More stuff off tackle and pitches outside to take advantage of speed in space.

Something weird happened with him. He seemed to have left for more than just playing time based on some comments on here, though pt was surely the primary factor.

Remember the line was a disaster at the time. It was very very bad. I am not exaggerating. They were limited in some of the schemes they could run. They started adding more run plays once the line got more continuity and familiar with their assignments and techniques. Jordan just didnt get a chance to play after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom