DB Ja'Had Carter in the portal from Ohio State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter in the portal from Ohio State

Huh? Reality bud, get used to it.

That all of our quality players are going to leave? That isn't reality, that's pessimistic sky is falling hogwash that isn't rooted in reality at all.

As evidenced by the majority of our good players coming back last year.

Some will leave under this new system, time to stop viewing it through the old paradigm lens. The key is replacing them with upgrades, to minimize the impacts from the attrition. So far, our coaching staff is doing it a terrific job. Pay attention.

It’s a business now and there isn’t any loyalty involved. I’m definitely tired of hearing Ohana.
Now that the momentum has begun, how do we know they stay? They gone.
Yep, two kids they wanted to keep are leaving. The sky is falling.

Teams are losing 5 star starting QB, they are losing 15 off the two deep.

But SU is the team that is collapsing.

Thought the same thing. It was all about being closer to home and mom. That all flies out the door when money calls.
Maybe it’s more about working for Matt Rhule than it is Dino Babers. The guy wants to be a head coach. Having Rhule on the resume would look pretty good

Yep, two kids they wanted to keep are leaving. The sky is falling.

Teams are losing 5 star starting QB, they are losing 15 off the two deep.

But SU is the team that is collapsing.
Nobody said the sky is falling. I said it’s a business, but way to exaggerate what I said.

I don't know why we can't hire a good DC and keep the team together.
The school and players already probably know who the dc is going to be.
They may transfer to Nebraska but not guarantee.
I’m sure they were probably offered NIL by an SU collective. Maybe they thought they could get more in the open market or that is what they were told.
Feel it is short sighted because su has shown it puts secondary players in the league. Not saying it will not happen at another school but when you are a starter, know the system and your position coach there are known factors. Transferring creates a lot of unknowns and speculative promises.

Screw these guys for quitting on their teammates. Why the hell is the portal open in december anyways? You want to leave? Fine. You shouldnt be able too until january. College sports are becoming nit fun anymore
Truthfully, at this point, if a guy wants to leave before the bowl, I'd rather he just announce it now so we can move on.

I’m starting to question if its even worth getting out of work early to watch this. That’s coming from a guy with 400 hours of vacation banked.

Bowl games, especially if you're a 'cuse fan should be exciting. I'm a Bears fan, Pinstripe bowl is slipping closer and closer to the level of excitement of watching a Bears game.

* For all the knee jerk reaction posters. This isn't a complaint about losing players because I'm excited for the new players coming in, the players coming to visit and potential for what the team will look like next year. But those players aren't playing in the bowl game.

Portal shouldnt open before bowls.

I wonder with all the players choosing to sit out the bowl because they're headed to the NFL and now combined with all the players that won't be in the bowl b/c they've entered the portal. If this will impact a lot of the bowls and if it does, there will be a reaction to at least when the portal opens because of lost revenue.

The school and players already probably know who the dc is going to be.
They may transfer to Nebraska but not guarantee.
I’m sure they were probably offered NIL by an SU collective. Maybe they thought they could get more in the open market or that is what they were told.
Feel it is short sighted because su has shown it puts secondary players in the league. Not saying it will not happen at another school but when you are a starter, know the system and your position coach there are known factors. Transferring creates a lot of unknowns and speculative promises.
Good post

It’s going to be hard to sell tickets for any bowl game now or in the future. Why spend money when three of your secondary players aren’t playing? I assume Tucker and Bergeron won’t play. Two of Michigan‘s captains are in the portal and aren’t playing and they are in the playoffs. It’s pretty sad.

had some private chats with people that this one was coming. Believe it or not, Syracuse has done an “okay” job with mitigating losses so far. This one hurts. Fingers crossed we don’t see a wax departure over the next week.

had some private chats with people that this one was coming. Believe it or not, Syracuse has done an “okay” job with mitigating losses so far. This one hurts. Fingers crossed we don’t see a wax departure over the next week.
Yup if Im a coach Wax would be one of the first SU players I went after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom