DB Ja'Had Carter in the portal from Ohio State | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter in the portal from Ohio State

If he wins less than 5 games, he’s gone.

He won 7 games, and qualified for a bowl. He will not be gone "next year" under any circumstances.

If you're talking about the year after that, i.e., 2024, then state it correctly.

And even so, your logic might not be accurate even accounting for that adjustment.

I don’t think most people spend their time focusing on how the rules don’t allow players to be bought from a technical perspective… it’s just impossible to prove intent and the NCAA doesn’t want to litigate it

Well I wasn’t commenting on the ball less ncaa. I was saying recruits shouldn’t be paid and I’m not the only one that feels that way.

Not saying that in a derogatory manner but it’s impossible to police.
No guts, no intention to enforce, you mean. There are rules and compliance offices etc but it’s intentionally irrelevant by most - just the wild Wild West. It’s just a huge unstoppable greed machine as it stands and I’m not directing that just to players. These so called ‘educational institutions‘ and boosters bribing, offering athletes - uggh.

NIL allows for players we grow close to profit off of their popularity.

NIL+ Portal means you never grow close to players (or won't let yourself get too close knowing they're a candidate to leave at any time despite the fake "family" "Ohana" "Mob" malarkey).
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

No guts, no intention to enforce, you mean. There are rules and compliance offices etc but it’s intentionally irrelevant by most - just the wild Wild West. It’s just a huge unstoppable greed machine as it stands and I’m not directing that just to players. These so called ‘educational institutions‘ and boosters bribing, offering athletes - uggh.

It’s more technical than that. The NCAA is on the losing side of a legal argument. See the story on ESPN front page about California.

Ok so we knew from a few on the board a few more were going to happen that hurt. We all thought he was a likely name once we knew others were leaving. While unfortunate, that's how it is playing. We have 12 recruits visiting this weekend. We are bringing in high end transfers. Moving on.
Recruits aren't going to match what Carter did this year. He was easily most improved player on the team and got screwed out of a higher all league selection. I bet if he didn't drop that easy pick 6 at BC he would have made 2nd team. The biggest thing is be was a big play maker. You don't replace that with recruits and he was head and shoulders the best safety we had. This one hurts whatever way you slice it.

Also, if I hear ohana or la familia one more time I'm going to puke. That's a bunch of BS and people aren't stupid.

Recruits aren't going to match what Carter did this year. He was easily most improved player on the team and got screwed out of a higher all league selection. I bet if he didn't drop that easy pick 6 at BC he would have made 2nd team. The biggest thing is be was a big play maker. You don't replace that with recruits and he was head and shoulders the best safety we had. This one hurts whatever way you slice it.

Also, if I hear ohana or la familia one more time I'm going to puke. That's a bunch of BS and people aren't stupid.
Ano I am using recruits broadly to also include grad transfers and portal transfers. We have more visiting this weekend if you jump over to the recruiting board.

One other thing - the ncaa was being threatened with federal legislation from congress if it didnt change its rules. A good lesson to live by is you don’t mess with the federal govt.

Of course it’s a blow, but we’re replacing him with a kid who was a top 300 player out of high school (top 100 on SI) who had offers from everywhere in the country. We’re giving that kind of talent to the same coach that turned Jahad Carter into what he is. Is it a blow, like I already said, yes. But let’s see what Swag Daddy can turn Jaeden Gould into.

Of course it’s a blow, but we’re replacing him with a kid who was a top 300 player out of high school (top 100 on SI) who had offers from everywhere in the country. We’re giving that kind of talent to the same coach that turned Jahad Carter into what he is. Is it a blow, like I already said, yes. But let’s see what Swag Daddy can turn Jaeden Gould into.
I hope it works out but your trading someone who proved he can excel at this level for someone who hasn't really played yet. I'm happy that we have him as a replacement but the certainty factor isn’t there.

This is also why when we got to 6-0 we have to make those seasons count because everything is just year to year.

0.0% chance that Babers is "gone next year."

That's how so.
Before next season he’ll be offered a 2 year extension with much lower buyout numbers.

I’m the only one on the country that thinks recruits shouldn’t be paid/bought? I don’t think so and there’s plenty on this board.

I don't think they should be paid whatsoever and why get the government in everything even the sports we watch. These young Kids are already easily manipulated by the controlled force-fed narrative the media they see everyday tells them there owed so of course they think there worth it. This is a bone head rule and alot of people don't agree with it they just don't use social media or message platforms to hammer down there agenda or point into people's heads until they convince them it's a good idea.

The.portal giveth and the portal taketh away. Just turn the tables There are good players looking to make a change, we can find them.

Stinks to lose him, but we will be fine. Bralyn Oliver has a ton of talent. Gould and Bellamy had offers that Carter would have dreamed about coming out of HS. Simmons was playing very well later in the year...and don't forget about Clark and Barron (though I wonder if Clark moves to Corner).

On a different point, unless the starters transferring out are getting huge money, I think many of them will regret it. A guy like Jahad, along with any other top guys that would consider transfer (particularly the guys popular from the podcast), would be the faces of the Defense with Mikel moving on and know the defense. At a new place, they're taking a big chance on being a new guy in a new environment. Look at Jawaun Price-He went from being a starter and a star on his team to barely getting on the field (though I hope he plays more next year) this year. Everyone is talented at this level-Situation matters.

Last edited:
He won 7 games, and qualified for a bowl. He will not be gone "next year" under any circumstances.

If you're talking about the year after that, i.e., 2024, then state it correctly.

And even so, your logic might not be accurate even accounting for that adjustment.
Really? You’re keeping a coach with 2 winning seasons in 8? I’m not sure considering his buyout will be no more than 3-4million

Matt Ruhle is a .500 career college coach and a NFL loser who got canned???
You mean a guy who turned temple into a winner and then turned a Baylor team in disarray into a big 12 contender? Bruh.

It was a fantasy that the big schools would pay any attention to any rules that the NCAA would come up with. The Supreme Court should have stayed completely out of it, and said nothing.
When they agreed to make any statement, that made all approaches legal.
Pandora's box is open, and it's not going to be closed.
I don't like it, but we all have to accept it.
Yes and better yet, figure out how to best use the system to our advantage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom