DC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DC

I honestly believe it was that burst by DC, relatively brief as it was, that was the key to the game. We probably would have won without it, but it just turned the entire game around and ignited the whole team. Absolutely loved it.

and it made me laugh even harder at some of the crap being spewed about Coleman in the game thread - some SU "fans" are really something

I checked into the game thread at halftime and saw people absolutely freaking out. "We shot 55% and we are only up 3, we are screwed!" Plus bashing Coleman. People need to calm down. It's like they've never watched and seen the ebb and flow of a basketball game before. Teams make runs. FSU made theirs, and we answered big time. We shot a good % because we had no problem getting whatever shot we wanted all night. It wasn't like we were making prayers all first half.

I checked into the game thread at halftime and saw people absolutely freaking out. "We shot 55% and we are only up 3, we are screwed!" Plus bashing Coleman. People need to calm down. It's like they've never watched and seen the ebb and flow of a basketball game before. Teams make runs. FSU made theirs, and we answered big time. We shot a good % because we had no problem getting whatever shot we wanted all night. It wasn't like we were making prayers all first half.
In the chatroom, I wasn't happy at how weak DCII played. The guy is a load, and he let a twig push him around. He was a different guy in the second half. If he can give us 20 minutes of that each game, then we are in business.

The way DC played in the first 3 min of the second half was the best basketball of his career. Three strong moves and buckets, a couple great defensive stops and rebounds and one beautiful pass from the top of the key. He was Olajuwon for a brief period. I would sell my soul for him to play like that from here on out.
Sorry didn't see your thread when I made my post. Said almost the exact same thing so it must be true.

In the chatroom, I wasn't happy at how weak DCII played. The guy is a load, and he let a twig push him around. He was a different guy in the second half. If he can give us 20 minutes of that each game, then we are in business.

I don't think it was even you. Pretty sure I saw some flat out insults being tossed his way...not just critiques of his underwhelming first half - which were logical given how he played early on. There's a few guys who only seem to surface just to make the same points over and over whenever the opportunity arises. Knocking Coleman when he plays bad is one of them for a few people.

I don't think it was even you. Pretty sure I saw some flat out insults being tossed his way...not just critiques of his underwhelming first half - which were logical given how he played early on. There's a few guys who only seem to surface just to make the same points over and over whenever the opportunity arises. Knocking Coleman when he plays bad is one of them for a few people.
Yeah, I am sure many more were much more brutal. I just wanted to say how happy I am with his effort in the second half. I know what this kid has been through and I would not criticize his production so long as the effort is there. In the first half, it looked like the effort was lacking, and he corrected that big time in the second half, and I am excited about this team if he keeps up that intensity.

I must say I was concerned that the lead at halftime had dwindled to 3, considering SU was shooting 60% from the field, 50% from deep, 100% from the line and had outrebounded FSU by 7 or 8. But then Coleman came out and played about the best 2:30 of basketball you'll ever see, Gbinije hit a few quick threes, and the game was essentially over.

I must say I was concerned that the lead at halftime had dwindled to 3, considering SU was shooting 60% from the field, 50% from deep, 100% from the line and had outrebounded FSU by 7 or 8. But then Coleman came out and played about the best 2:30 of basketball you'll ever see, Gbinije hit a few quick threes, and the game was essentially over.

I was irritated at our defensive lapses late in the first half. Kept getting sucked in for no reason on players that weren't hurting us and then giving up 3s. But I felt good that we would keep scoring because it was so easy and knew we'd make defensive adjustments. We didn't have to take many tough shots at any point. I felt like we were in control of what happened, good or bad, on both ends.

I was irritated at our defensive lapses late in the first half. Kept getting sucked in for no reason on players that weren't hurting us and then giving up 3s. But I felt good that we would keep scoring because it was so easy and knew we'd make defensive adjustments. We didn't have to take many tough shots at any point. I felt like we were in control of what happened, good or bad, on both ends.
Agreed. The defensive lapses, poor defensive rebounding and uncharacteristic turnovers allowed FSU back in. So essentially SU pummeled them twice. Good to see that kind of resiliency against a solid team.

There's a few guys who only seem to surface just to make the same points over and over whenever the opportunity arises. Knocking Coleman when he plays bad is one of them for a few people.
yep

DC is the type of kid who brings his hard hat every day. I can honestly see him coming into his own this year...could you imagine what we look like this year if he turns THE corner down the stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom