Class of 2015 - DE Austrian Robinson (NY) Committed to Ole Miss | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Austrian Robinson (NY) Committed to Ole Miss

I don't know why it was such a struggle to even get him to visit but I'm not surprised we're not in his last 5 if that's the case. Something just didn't click here.

Eh whatever ... Dana Levine would eat his lunch ... and take his milk money. I bet Levine ends up with a better college career ...

man those are some pretty awful teams in the top 5 if thats the case. Maybe he wants to play for a team trending down instead of up :)

The kid has had many chances to visit and has chosen to go see a bunch of other schools. I have never gotten the impression that he gives a damn about SU. good luck to him. next man up.

Eh whatever ... Dana Levine would eat his lunch ... and take his milk money. I bet Levine ends up with a better college career ...
As much as I'd love to agree with you I personally am very high on Robinson, think he's gonna be a hell of a player.

I don't know why it was such a struggle to even get him to visit but I'm not surprised we're not in his last 5 if that's the case. Something just didn't click here.
Must be a Jets fan.

The interest in KU boggles my mind. I live in Kansas. They are GRob bad in the Turner Gill and now Charlie Weis era. They did build a new football complex in 2008 that is apparently pretty nice. They have a supporter named Dana Anderson that pretty much pays for anything they need in athletics. If only...

As Scott says, We want players who want to be here, Next man up.
We also want players who will make our team better. Not every kid loves SU from birth, sometimes it's the coaches jobs to make them love SU (Which they do for 25 guys out of thousands every year). Just because he doesn't want to go to SU now, doesn't mean he wont want to if we recruited him harder.

We also want players who will make our team better. Not every kid loves SU from birth, sometimes it's the coaches jobs to make them love SU (Which they do for 25 guys out of thousands every year). Just because he doesn't want to go to SU now, doesn't mean he wont want to if we recruited him harder.

Chicken or the egg, huh? My guess is that that tried to get him to love SU and were not successful. Unlike the other 20+ recruits this summer.

It's alright. Win some lose some.

MSOrange said:
The interest in KU boggles my mind. I live in Kansas. They are GRob bad in the Turner Gill and now Charlie Weis era. They did build a new football complex in 2008 that is apparently pretty nice. They have a supporter named Dana Anderson that pretty much pays for anything they need in athletics. If only...

I bet Kansas goes winless in the Big 12 again this coming season and Coach Weiss is gone afterwards.

This kid either dont want to go to Cuse or he is putting on the biggest act. He talks nice about Cuse on interviews but he visits every school on the East coast that offered from Kansas to Massachusetts but doesnt visit Cuse? Rutgers and BC I get, but the next school he should have visited was Cuse. He is scheduled to come in August but it looks like we are not in his top 5 as of now. but that can change after a visit. If he prolongs his recruitment, I can see us moving on.

Last edited:
This kid either dont want to go to Cuse or he is putting on the biggest act. He talks nice about Cuse on interviews but he visits every school on the East coast that offered from Kansas to Massachusetts but doesnt visit Cuse? Rutgers and BC I get, but the next school he should have visited was Cuse. He is scheduled to come in August but it looks like we are not in his top 5 as of now. but that can change after a visit. If he prolongs he recruitment, I can see us moving on.

Is that even his top 5? I saw the edit, but where did it come from?

Is that even his top 5? I saw the edit, but where did it come from?
It came from that PA edit guy. Recruits inbox him when they want him to do a edit. He must have gave the guy some schools he is considering. I dont think the PA guy is going to put those schools on there without communicating with Austrian first.

We recruited him very hard. He just doesn't reciprocate. Not as easy as you think.

BtXQzOxCYAACER4.jpg:large

what a bizarre top 5 - I wouldn't lose any sleep if this kid never warms up to SU - good luck to him

Well all the more reason to beat the Terps like the poor mans Rutgers (who still suck) they are.

We recruited him very hard. He just doesn't reciprocate. Not as easy as you think.
I will say this.

What was the name of the worst head coach in Syracuse football history?

What was the name of the most disappointing recruit in Syracuse football history?

There have been a lot of great Robinsons in sports, but for Syracuse, not so much. This might be for the best.

It came from that PA edit guy. Recruits inbox him when they want him to do a edit. He must have gave the guy some schools he is considering. I dont think the PA guy is going to put those schools on there without communicating with Austrian first.

That makes sense, I wasn't familiar with the PA guy. I have been holding out hope on Robinson for a while. I guess I will throw in the towel.

You win some, you lose some, just too bad he didn't even really seem to give us a chance. Personally I think he has a chance to be a stud.

There could be a chance that those are his top 5 of schools he has visited? Just trying to play devil's advocate and looking at possible reasons, since he has publicly been saying for the past few months he still wants to visit.

I will say this.

What was the name of the worst head coach in Syracuse football history?

What was the name of the most disappointing recruit in Syracuse football history?

There have been a lot of great Robinsons in sports, but for Syracuse, not so much. This might be for the best.

For all the younger posters out there, I assume you are referring to Mandel Robinson as the recruit rather than Andrew Robinson?

For all the younger posters out there, I assume you are referring to Mandel Robinson as the recruit rather than Andrew Robinson?
Yes. Mandel was a Parade All-American RB out of North Syracuse HS. He was about 6'3 190 pounds and I believe was the most highly hyped and anticipated recruit SU landed since Floyd Little.

He was a huge disappointment. Ran for 80 yards in two seasons at Syracuse before transferring to Wyoming, where he became a TE.

Linkage

Link # 2

Yes. Mandel was a Parade All-American RB out of North Syracuse HS. He was about 6'3 190 pounds and I believe was the most highly hyped and anticipated recruit SU landed since Floyd Little.

He was a huge disappointment. Ran for 80 yards in two seasons at Syracuse before transferring to Wyoming, where he became a TE.

Linkage

Link # 2

Or Gerald... who is visiting tomorrow.

Linkage

Link # 2

I was born in 1976 so he was before my time. But I try to know about our history so I knew he was one of the 44s that didn't quite live up to the hype and I knew he ended up at Wyoming, my mom's alma mater. But I had no idea he did quite that poorly when he was here.

Wouldn't it be great if this kid took that name in a new (positive) direction.