Class of 2015 - DE Austrian Robinson (NY) Committed to Ole Miss | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Austrian Robinson (NY) Committed to Ole Miss

Got an offer from the U. We'll see if he visits now.
He's not that interested especially with the U offering. He's appears to be one of the downstate kids that crap on playing for SU and would rather have the "brighter lights" (which means bench riding and/or potential transfer)

He's not that interested especially with the U offering. He's appears to be one of the downstate kids that crap on playing for SU and would rather have the "brighter lights" (which means bench riding and/or potential transfer)
let's see if he actually visits in August like he says he will - haven't seen him "crap on playing for SU" at all - just let the recruiting process play out

Most of the eggs are in the Jamal Milan basket anyways, so hopefully if we can grab him, then Austrain Robinson wouldn't even matter.

I never get the comments about going to the brigher lights to ride the bench? All that says is he is going to be a better program where he isn't good enough to play there, but if he came here he would play right away because we aren't that good. I'd like to think we are good enough that very few young kids can come in and play right away.

Most of the eggs are in the Jamal Milan basket anyways, so hopefully if we can grab him, then Austrain Robinson wouldn't even matter.

I never get the comments about going to the brigher lights to ride the bench? All that says is he is going to be a better program where he isn't good enough to play there, but if he came here he would play right away because we aren't that good. I'd like to think we are good enough that very few young kids can come in and play right away.

Agree with all of this. We are more talented then a lot of fans think. We should be redshirting most of our freshman these days. Better depth, better recruits. This program is in good shape.

Every player that still has a committable Syracuse offer.
Thank you for clearing that up, I assumed that was the case but wasn't completely sure.

1. Austrian Robinson‏@UG_Aus 31m
  2. When we out to cuse @M____Dot
    1f440.png
    1f440.png

1. President Carter ‏@M____Dot 28m
  2. @UG_Aus set the date 1st and I got you kid
  1. 9:23 AM - 6 Aug 2014
    ' Austrian Robinson‏@UG_Aus 28m
    1. @M____Dot when you free just let me know
    1. 9:24 AM - 6 Aug 2014
      President Carter ‏@M____Dot 27m
      @UG_Aus this month? Text me kid

Looks like he is trying to set up a visit.

I think he will have visited Slippery Rock and Robert Morris before ever visiting SU. I will believe he is visiting us when he starts posting selfies standing next to Floyd Little. Until then...

I think he will have visited Slippery Rock and Robert Morris before ever visiting SU. I will believe he is visiting us when he starts posting selfies standing next to Floyd Little. Until then...
I'm ok with him not visiting while the coaches and team are up at Fort Drum.

He'll make it up to SU when they return.

I'm ok with him not visiting while the coaches and team are up at Fort Drum.

He'll make it up to SU when they return.

Oh,I sure wouldn't expect him to visit this week, just skeptical that he ever will. hope you are right, believe me!

At this point in time, makes no difference whether he visits or not, he isn't coming here. He has been able to go to Kansas, but not come upstate, doesn't sound like someone interested in playing here. Next man up.

At this point in time, makes no difference whether he visits or not, he isn't coming here. He has been able to go to Kansas, but not come upstate, doesn't sound like someone interested in playing here. Next man up.
yeah, 6 months before signing day is definitely the time to throw in the towel on a very talented in state kid at a very important position - sure he says he's interested and going to visit, but if a kid hasn't stepped on campus by mid-August then SU should simply sever all ties. I mean, really, when is the last time SU was able to sign a kid who hadn't visited by early August before their senior season? :rolleyes:

I still got faith just gotta get him on campus. Get jb on board too :cool:

yeah, 6 months before signing day is definitely the time to throw in the towel on a very talented in state kid at a very important position - sure he says he's interested and going to visit, but if a kid hasn't stepped on campus by mid-August then SU should simply sever all ties. I mean, really, when is the last time SU was able to sign a kid who hadn't visited by early August before their senior season? :rolleyes:
It happens all the time. Prospects visit during their senior season and commit to their college of their choice in Dec-Feb. This isn't speed dating. He plays a position of need from a location of need (NYS downstate kid). We don't need to be super sensitive like a HS drama queen who doesn't pay me enough attention so I'm going to ignore them. We recruit him hard until he commits to us or someone else. Recruiting is sometimes hard, you just don't quit when it becomes difficult or it seems its not going your way.