Class of 2015 - DE Dana Levine (FL) Verbal to Temple | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Dana Levine (FL) Verbal to Temple

seems strange we'd pull the offer but maybe we did and maybe thats what we told him when we went to visit him last week. decommitting for temple? not a chance. USF ?.

Last edited:
Walking out to the train at Yankee Stadium after the K-State game was pretty embarrassing as an SU fan in the crowd. I actually apologized to some of the K-State fans we were walking near. That was a good game against a quality opponent and there were many SU "fans" that were out of line. I know this isn't unique to SU, but it was just childish drunken idiocy at full throttle.

And most of those idiots probably couldn't be bothered to actually make the effort to leave the city and come to the Dome for a game each season.

Is it possible that we told him to be solid and not take any other trips or we were moving to another player?

Most schools offer "early decision" options to students-at-large, which are binding on both parties. It isn't required of all applicants, but for students who are certain of their college choice, it guarantees them a spot in the fall class and allows them to concentrate on other things like academics. Why aren't student athletes afforded the same opportunity?

Its interesting that practically every recruit that McDonald was significantly involved with has either decommitted or the staff "moved on". I'm sure he was involved with Clausman and Byrne too but we probably would have been involved with them anyway because of the STA connection.

seems strange we'd pull the offer but maybe we did and maybe thats what we told him when we went to visit him last week. decommitting for temple? not a chance. USF ?.
Temple could most likely beat Syracuse. We are in no position to look down our nose at other D1 programs. Who knows if we pulled the offer or not...Great that the kid found a landing place. He commited to us back in the Spring, if we dumped him this close to signing Day...he had to scramble to find a place after thinking he was set with the Cuse. We forget the other side of this Recruiting process for the kids...and their families...

Last edited:
Great for Dana! Temple is a very good school and he will hopefully spend four years in a wonderful city eating great Phily Cheesesteak sandwiches at Pat's and/or Geno's.
I am from Philly...Pat's and Genos are for tourists...He'll learn where to get a good cheese steak..I am sure of that...

Oh well, good luck to him but the name Dana always seemed kinda soft-nosed to me anyway