Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

jekelish said:
The people calling him 'too slow' have clearly never watched his film. Yes, he only runs a 4.98 (for now). But how often does a DL run 40 yards? What matters is his initial burst, and Jamal's is fantastic. And he's going to add another 25-30 pounds by the time he ever gets on the field for SU, so he'll be FAR from too small. The kid has the potential to wreak absolute havoc as an edge rusher.

Yup hes very quick but not necessarily fast, quick matters more in DL play.

Alec Lemon ran a 4.59. Think he did alright in Orange.

But since we're talking DE here.. Calais Campbell ran a 4.85; Greg Hardy ran a 4.96; Sheldon Richardson 5.02; and JJ Watt ran a 4.81. I'd say judging a DE off 40 time might be a little overrated.
These guys are all 6'5'', 290. I'm sure this kid has a chance to become a decent college player, but everyone needs to temper their excitement a little. I'm glad he's orange

richard levy said:
These guys are all 6'5'', 290. I'm sure this kid has a chance to become a decent college player, but everyone needs to temper their excitement a little. I'm glad he's orange

They were all 290 their jr year of HS?

Give me an athlete who's already good and has room to become much better. Clearly has the hands and footwork to excel on the hardwood.

Could be a real high ceiling guy. Sure, he may not pan out, but he could be special. Nothing not to like.

I'm glad we're recruiting at the point where these types of players get nitpicked.

A solid consensus 3 star kid from NJ, who’s 6-4 and has offers from Buttgers, Arizona State, Michigan State, North Carolina, Pitt, Purdue, Virginia and West Virginia … and people are nitpicking a couple of tenths of a second on a 40 time; SMH. Literally one or two TENTHS of second; that’s point 1 or point 2 of a second.

Most non-athletes don’t realize how fast anything under 5 seconds is anyways.

I'm glad we're recruiting at the point where these types of players get nitpicked.

A solid consensus 3 star kid from NJ, who’s 6-4 and has offers from Buttgers, Arizona State, Michigan State, North Carolina, Pitt, Purdue, Virginia and West Virginia … and people are nitpicking a couple of tenths of a second on a 40 time; SMH. Literally one or two TENTHS of second; that’s point 1 or point 2 of a second.

Most non-athletes don’t realize how fast anything under 5 seconds is anyways.
I could care less about a 40 time for a DE, it's all about the 1st 5 yards.

Not to mention, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 in the 40. He turned out okay.
First time I saw Jerry Rice play it was some HS All-Star game and it was OBVIOUS he was an amazing talent. I had never heard of him coming out of Mississippi Valley State, but he was catching EVERYTHING thrown to him.
He had what can be called "separation speed" to the ball. He had that extra gear when the ball was in the air, and once he caught up to it- it was usually all she wrote.
Likewise, Emmitt Smith wasn't a blazing RB but he did just fine.
Folks sometimes get caught up in data and don't always see the potential that's there, regardless of the numbers.
I love this kid's burst, and he appears to have that "extra" step off the ball that all great pass rushers possess. Good potential and a great get for the program.

That wingspan, I see some batted passes and possibly line picks in the future.

HEY GUYS- its the jersey state football intellectuals who called him slow-

those guys have seen so much hall of fame talent in that state leave - that they are the best judges of talent available - everyone knows nj state doesnt care to recruit hall of fame players

jekelish said:
You wanna know what a joke the 2 4 7 Crystal Ball is? Jamal announced his decision at 12:11 PM (my time, Central). Here are the three "correct" predictors, and what times they logged their "predictions": I looked at the Crystal Ball after 1 ET/12 CT to see any updates, and those predictions were NOT there. They were only entered after he announced.

That's hilarious

That's hilarious
I REALLY wish I had thought to take a screenshot of the predictions at about 1:05 when I was looking. Seriously, they went back in and added the predictions after the fact. It's hilariously stupid.

Wasn't commenting that I thought this player was going to necessarily bloom into a top 10 NFL DL. I was commenting that the reactions to his timed 40 may be a bit overblown.

Can we please do our best to keep AssClown Sal Maneen away from our recruits. Guy is a waste of a lot of space.

What was his first leading question? "So Jamal, why is it that you picked Syracuse over so many other better, higher profile schools with better records"?

So Jamal, I was surprised you'd want to spend the next 4-5 years of your life in a barren wasteland. Explain.

Can we please do our best to keep AssClown Sal Maneen away from our recruits. Guy is a waste of a lot of space.

What was his first leading question? "So Jamal, why is it that you picked Syracuse over so many other better, higher profile schools with better records"?
Jamal - are you sure you want to be dealing with an ass like me for 4-5 years? Other higher profile schools have better, more professional media covering their teams. Just something to think about.

I couldn't believe that he didn't even seem to know that Dymelle and Jamal were team mates.