Class of 2015 - DE Kenny Carter (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Kenny Carter (NJ) Signed LOI

He can play both OL and DL right?

If you're going to take a flyer on a kid, do it during a class where you've already recruited pretty deep at the position. That way if it just turns into a miss, hopefully it isn't a critical miss. This is exactly the time to take a flyer on a DL or OL with a ton of upside. Seems like a great kid too that wants to be here.

the trenches on both sides have been well stocked for the future this year - bodes really well for SU's success the next few years to have so much young talent on the lines coming in

Yep, it seems that the coaching staff's strategy is to start with the front line and work their way back from each. I suspect next year we will see a plethora of CB's and WR's.

I'm so happy Kenny got this opportunity.

Is he a project? Yes, but, he has the tools necessary to build on a solid foundation.

You can hear the stress and anxiety that he went through while waiting to find out if he was going to have a place to go play football and get an education. Then the utter relief when it came to fruition.

In my experience, sometimes those who've been in the darkest spots will fight the hardest for the brightest lights. I've got a feeling Kenny is one of those kids. This is an opportunity for him that goes well beyond football. I'll take a flyer on a kid like that every year if there's room.

I'm so happy Kenny got this opportunity.

Is he a project? Yes, but, he has the tools necessary to build on a solid foundation.

You can hear the stress and anxiety that he went through while waiting to find out if he was going to have a place to go play football and get an education. Then the utter relief when it came to fruition.

In my experience, sometimes those who've been in the darkest spots will fight the hardest for the brightest lights. I've got a feeling Kenny is one of those kids. This is an opportunity for him that goes well beyond football. I'll take a flyer on a kid like that every year if there's room.

This is what college football is all about.

Love this stuff man. Like what was said above, this is the kind of stuff that makes sports so great. His story reminds me of one of our all-time greats and a fan favorite, Shamarko Thomas.

Man considering where this kid has come from. the adversity he's had to overcome and how hard he's had to work and he still qualifies. makes me wonder what this says about kj`s character I mean come on man how lazy do you gotta be! Your getting a free ride to a major university

Man considering where this kid has come from. the adversity he's had to overcome and how hard he's had to work and he still qualifies. makes me wonder what this says about kj`s character I mean come on man how lazy do you gotta be! Your getting a free ride to a major university

Sometimes it's not about Lazy or not, everybody has a different struggle to overcome (in all walks of life) some people can seemingly overcome anything, while others seemingly can't overcome small things.

But from a football perspective, not much makes for better stories than kids overcoming adversity and fighting to make the biggest of stages

B9AHIbgIAAEHJ5C.jpg:large

Kid looks like a monster

Kenny Carter is such a successful sounding name.