Dear Syracuse University | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dear Syracuse University

The corresponding seats behind the North basket are "D Preferred" and require a donation.

If I was a D Preferred season ticket holder and Orange Club member, I'd be pissed off if someone could purchase the same seats I have for only $5.
If you only want the seat for the whole season you're paying for it. If you only want to be able to buy it for a couple games while the students are gone you don't get to sit there the rest of the year. Its not that tough a concept.

Given your historically poor ticket sales, it's obvious that tens of thousands of people aren't interested in the product you're selling.

So why don't you do a favor to the people who do want to spend money and attend your games and at least give us some of the same amenities that home viewers enjoy on their televisions? There's no good reason to offer no replays of Cooney's shot clock violation during the review last night.

You must recognize that you need to do a better job. This is an easy and no-cost way to start. Thanks.

Historically poor ticket sales? 1 or 2 in the country forever it seems for hoop.

Pitt had a heckuva crowd in the student section during break ...

Just saying. There's no reason SU can't fill those seats.

We've gone through this. Those kids live in and around Pittsburgh for the most part. We are a national school, Pitt isn't.

Its a game against a bad team, life moves on.

The corresponding seats behind the North basket are "D Preferred" and require a donation.

If I was a D Preferred season ticket holder and Orange Club member, I'd be pissed off if someone could purchase the same seats I have for only $5.

Ok if they want to complain then give the 'hoighty toighty' D preferred season ticket holders a special edition orange butt plug and an orange t-shirt that says I'm Better Than You to go with their seats. There, now they get something special to pair with their condescension that the "undesirables" don't get.

Yes, over the top but I'm sick of preferred donor excuse making negatively affecting the atmosphere of the games. Donor perks should be tied to special events and swag, not the seats themselves.

This goes especially for all the football excuse making.

I always assume that if they didn't show the replay that the call should have gone our way and they don't want to rile up the crowd by confirming that. (I also think that it's the conference that controls that, not the school.)
Nope. It's an old wives tale about "not being allowed" to show controversial replays, or that the conference monitors replay behavior. Individual schools make their own choices. In 2016, I think I should have an opportunity to see the same replay the guy on his couch gets to see.

Ok if they want to complain then give the 'hoighty toighty' D preferred season ticket holders a special edition orange butt plug and an orange t-shirt that says I'm Better Than You to go with their seats. There, now they get something special to pair with their condescension that the "undesirables" don't get.

Yes, over the top but I'm sick of preferred donor excuse making negatively affecting the atmosphere of the games. Donor perks should be tied to special events and swag, not the seats themselves.

The school probably won't do that.

The perk is the seat, that's the whole point.

And if the team was better this season those empty seats down low would be more full.

Historically poor ticket sales? 1 or 2 in the country forever it seems for hoop.
i think he meant that attendance is historically bad this year, maybe?

I Know SU doesn't control the schedule, it's done by TV, but I think the reason the Clemson game was so lowly attended specifically was the 8pm start, plus the bad weather, and the first week after the holiday season. We've definately had more later starts since we joined the ACC on weeknights. Not very conducive to a good crowd. It was the first game I missed this year, but Its tough to go to a game that late when you are back in the office 7:30 the next morning, and being exhausted after the holiday season.

I Know SU doesn't control the schedule, it's done by TV, but I think the reason the Clemson game was so lowly attended specifically was the 8pm start, plus the bad weather, and the first week after the holiday season. We've definately had more later starts since we joined the ACC on weeknights. Not very conducive to a good crowd. It was the first game I missed this year, but Its tough to go to a game that late when you are back in the office 7:30 the next morning, and being exhausted after the holiday season.

None worse than the 9:00 p.m. on a Tuesday for Virginia Tech last season.

We live within a 30-minute walk of the Dome and I'm kind of ashamed to say we ate those tickets. Planned to go, then wondered if it would be fun to watch that team and come home at 11:30 with work the next morning.

Really don't care for the ACC's scheduling.

What about allowing other season ticket holders who sit up high to pay just a bit more to move down to those seats for the time the students are out? There have to be solutions to this that smart people at SU can figure out.

Yes, I think a fairer solution would be allowing upper tier season ticket holders the option to move down for weekday, lower profile vacation games. The 2 games we had on the weekends during vacation had decent attendance - Texas Southern had over 21,000 fans on a Sunday - sadly though the students seats still were sparsely filled. Reward season ticket holders to fill the gaps. UNC was well attended and the student section was decently filled.

For weekday lower profile games, offer season ticket holders like the "C" preferred seats in the highest rows in the 2nd tier (see the 2nd tier green on the map), D season ticket holders in the upper 3rd tier (3rd tier D preferreds) etc the option to move down. Rewarding season ticket holders is a good policy. There are many options and combos available to SU (mini packages, reaching out to local students, rewarding season ticket holders etc) to address any major lower level attendance issues especially during their vacation. Hoping the schedule becomes more fan friendly too. We were decades long 3rd tier (312 I) diehards and the nosebleed crazies deserve recognition for their loyalty when opportunities arise.

http://carrierdome.com/media/documents/2015/9/Basketball_Preferred_2013.pdf

I sit in 104 for basketball and I would rather look at the back of people's heads than an empty section of bleachers. Maybe they can do something with the soldiers in Fort Drum during the student's winter break.

Yes, I think a fairer solution would be allowing upper tier season ticket holders the option to move down for weekday, lower profile vacation games. The 2 games we had on the weekends during vacation had decent attendance - Texas Southern had over 21,000 fans on a Sunday - sadly though the students seats still were sparsely filled. Reward season ticket holders to fill the gaps.

http://carrierdome.com/media/documents/2015/9/Basketball_Preferred_2013.pdf
I was thinking this same exact thing the other night. This season there is no benefit for me to having season tickets as I only go to half the games anyways. But the advantages for why I buy them is that the 1/2 I choose to go to are usually pretty good programs. This year Cuse did not have a particularly strong home schedule as this topic has been hashed and rehashed, so maybe the school should reward the ones that actually go to the games with some perks.

Nope. It's an old wives tale about "not being allowed" to show controversial replays, or that the conference monitors replay behavior. Individual schools make their own choices. In 2016, I think I should have an opportunity to see the same replay the guy on his couch gets to see.
God forbid we get the home crowd riled up on controversial replays. Don't want to violate the noise ordinance.

Was reminded of your posts when I saw the empty student section yesterday.

I guess 100 people paying $70 apiece are more valuable to the University than 700 people at $20 apiece.
But lowering the price would hurt our #brand

This goes especially for all the football excuse making.

I agree. It would be nice to have a vocal student section directly in front of the cameras at every game like other schools have. I like seeing students jumping up and down and going nuts. To be honest with you, the preferred fans are kind of boring to watch. It really takes a lot to get them to stand up and smile!

Given your historically poor ticket sales, it's obvious that tens of thousands of people aren't interested in the product you're selling.

So why don't you do a favor to the people who do want to spend money and attend your games and at least give us some of the same amenities that home viewers enjoy on their televisions? There's no good reason to offer no replays of Cooney's shot clock violation during the review last night.

You must recognize that you need to do a better job. This is an easy and no-cost way to start. Thanks.
Atthe newer college venues I have visited, The high tech "replay boards" are used for timeout entertainment, contests, and "kiss-cam " type stuff. league officials probably instruct those in charge of the scoreboards not to show replays that would undermine refs calls and other good stuff.

IthacaMatt said:
The semester started last week, didn't it? Didn't classes start on the 19th?

Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom