Denver -28 vs Jax = largest spread EVER | Syracusefan.com

Denver -28 vs Jax = largest spread EVER

If the NFL operated with relegation, the way European soccer leagues do, Jacksonville might be in the ACC next year.

Wow really? I think the Jags would be 50 point favorites over Alabama. Maybe even higher.

Exagerating quite a bit obviously but if we did a position for position rundown with Clemson v Jax, Clemson would be ahead in at least 1 spot and it's an important one.

What's amazing about that line is that it has happened during the salary cap era. I would expect a line like that in the 60's or 70's against a first year expansion team.

I laid the points easiest bet of the year. Jacksonville has 51 points in 5 games, Denver scored 51 points last week. This game has 42-10 written all over it. Denver will score every possession in the first half and then the backup will run the clock out, but Manning is going to get his number. The point spread should be 31.5 if they want action both ways. I would consider 31.5 but I will easily lay the 28 and take the money to the bank.

Also, Jacksonville would beat any college team. NFL speed > any College team's speed. The Jacksonville DL would destroy college OLs.

I laid the points easiest bet of the year.

Since 1972, there have been 8 NFL games with a spread of 21+ points. The underdog has covered 7 of the 8

That being said, I think I'm with ya alsacs

Exagerating quite a bit obviously but if we did a position for position rundown with Clemson v Jax, Clemson would be ahead in at least 1 spot and it's an important one.

NFL d-line would maul even the best college o-line.

What would be the spread if you just switched the QB's for the Broncos vs. Jags this Sunday?

Bookmakers say Denver -11. interesting.

And that is why you don't touch such a ridiculous line. I consider myself one of the biggest Bronco fans out there, and very rarely bet against my own team(s). That said, I literally had to pick this game. I took Jax and the points on Wednesday.

Every NFL team has the talent to compete. If they spend a week hearing that they can't, they have more than that.

Every NFL team has the talent to compete. If they spend a week hearing that they can't, they have more than that.
Not to mention the last time the Jags had a week to hear that, they came to Denver and the outcome was a monumental upset in the playoffs.

What would be the spread if you just switched the QB's for the Broncos vs. Jags this Sunday?

Bookmakers say Denver -11. interesting.

That seems even more ridiculous than the actual line today.
Blackmon/Shorts would be talked about as one of the better combo of weapons in the league if they had Manning throwing to them.
The Broncos offense would be looked at like the Bengals - some good weapons who are limited by their QB's shortcomings.
And the Broncos OL & defense - while still better than the Jags - is nowhere near the Bengals level, especially without Clady & Miller. Their running game would be a joke.
I'm not sure Denver would even be the better team. QB play matters that much.

That seems even more ridiculous than the actual line today.
Blackmon/Shorts would be talked about as one of the better combo of weapons in the league if they had Manning throwing to them.
The Broncos offense would be looked at like the Bengals - some good weapons who are limited by their QB's shortcomings.
And the Broncos OL & defense - while still better than the Jags - is nowhere near the Bengals level, especially without Clady & Miller. Their running game would be a joke.
I'm not sure Denver would even be the better team. QB play matters that much.

And Manning didn't even have a good game- two fumbles and a pick-6.

And that is why you don't touch such a ridiculous line. I consider myself one of the biggest Bronco fans out there, and very rarely bet against my own team(s). That said, I literally had to pick this game. I took Jax and the points on Wednesday.
Agreed. Plus when you think about it how many 42-10 games you actually ever see it's rare. Not to mention in blowouts you get backup score that can blow huge spreads. Denver has given up a ton of points. Hope alsacs didn't bet too much...

Agreed. Plus when you think about it how many 42-10 games you actually ever see it's rare. Not to mention in blowouts you get backup score that can blow huge spreads. Denver has given up a ton of points. Hope alsacs didn't bet too much...

Most really big scores in the NFL are due to unusual amounts of turnovers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom