Deregulation of conference Championship games in 2016 | Syracusefan.com

Deregulation of conference Championship games in 2016

3 divisions would be stupid. If they are going to scrap the two divisions they should just go with the 3+5+5 method of scheduling and taking the top 2 records.

I like the change though we will play Coastal teams a lot more frequently.

I won my division and all I got was this lousy t shirt

Again the 3+5+5 model for each ACC works.

Duke- North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest
North Carolina- Duke, Virginia, NC State
NC State- Clemson, North Carolina, Wake Forest
Florida State- Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech- Miami, Virginia, Pitt
Clemson- Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State
Georgia Tech- Duke, Clemson, Florida State
Virginia- North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Louisville
Pitt- Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia Tech
Miami- Florida State, Virginia Tech,Louisville
Louisville- Virginia, Syracuse, Miami
Boston College- Pitt, Syracuse, Wake Forest,
Syracuse- Pitt, Boston College, Louisville
Wake Forest- NC State, Duke, Boston College

You play your 3 permanent rivals each year and then rotate 5 of the other 10 teams each year and you would play everyone home and home over 4 years and play protected rivals every year.

just keep the minimum # of teams at 12.

Really hope this happens for '16. It's like we're not even in the same conference as the teams in the Coastal.

Last edited:

Can we get this to the commish?

Regarding BB rule changes - "if you leave it up to the coaches it will never get done". Is that true? Let's get those rule changes done!

If the Big XII can have a CCG at 10 it does nothing to help the Big XII market and TV network problems. If they have a CCG game with 10 teams it will hurt them because there will another loss for their good teams.

Texas will fight a CCG because it won't want to play Oklahoma x2 a year potentially.

We know...that would be the best for 14...just one big division...but they are talking about 3 divisions

We know...that would be the best for 14...just one big division...but they are talking about 3 divisions
First mention I've heard of three divisions. If true, not sure what the purpose would be and I wouldn't want to be locked into a Northern division.

3 divisions would be the dumbest idea ever. If you win a division and aren't guaranteed anything What is the point of having a division. If we have 4 divisions and have a semi-final and then a final okay.

However, 3 divisions might be the dumbest idea I have ever heard of from a college FB conference.

I think bowsby maybe confused and maybe the 3rd division is just having all the north Carolina schools guaranteed playing each other every year

Last edited:
Alsacs said:
If the Big XII can have a CCG at 10 it does nothing to help the Big XII market and TV network problems. If they have a CCG game with 10 teams it will hurt them because there will another loss for their good teams. Texas will fight a CCG because it won't want to play Oklahoma x2 a year potentially.

Tough to tell what the majority of that league wants. Generally I agree with you that a big $ school like Texas wouldn't want it because the risk is greater than the reward.

But the league got burned by not having one this year. Clearly penalized them for the playoffs. They gambled for 2 in the playoff and ended up shut out. A Baylor vs TCU rematch may have out the winner in over Ohio State.

That conf championship had some ghosts over the years. aTm over K State. Texas over Nebraska.

Alsacs said:
3 divisions would be the dumbest idea ever. If you win a division and aren't guaranteed anything What is the point of having a division. If we have 4 divisions and have a semi-final and then a final okay. However, 3 divisions might be the dumbest idea I have ever heard of from a college FB conference.

It seems incredibly odd, unless "3 Divisions" is essentially used as a scheduling device.

But let's wait and see, who knows.

Do you have an outline for a 4-5-5 for 9 conference games Including Notre Dame as well? Isn't that where this is all eventually heading?

can someone point me to a link or summary of what the hell 355 is again? i have a mental block about this, i know i've asked before and forgot the answer

can someone point me to a link or summary of what the hell 355 is again? i have a mental block about this, i know i've asked before and forgot the answer
Alsacs showed one possible configuration for it above. It comes down to having 3 opponents that you play every year, the remaining 10 opponents are played twice over 4 years. This guarantees that every team in the ACC would play at the Dome at least once very 4 years, instead of once every 12 years. The top 2 teams (by ranking, or whatever) would play in the ACC Championship Game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom