Derek McDonald Interview | WMU | Syracusefan.com

Derek McDonald Interview | WMU

Having him, Thompson, Lockett back makes the defense much better. I think Lowery makes a big jump and Farmer is going to get a lot of snaps.

Interesting he mentioned Villari, I anticipate he’s going to keep increasing his role as a safety value and target underneath on drag routes. He did a good job getting to his spot on trap blocks last week.

Having him, Thompson, Lockett back makes the defense much better. I think Lowery makes a big jump and Farmer is going to get a lot of snaps.

Interesting he mentioned Villari, I anticipate he’s going to keep increasing his role as a safety value and target underneath on drag routes. He did a good job getting to his spot on trap blocks last week.

I thought Mang really struggled again blocking. He started, played early and then Villari took a lot of snaps as the day went. Mang got 19 snaps. Villari got 34.

It looks like Villari is much improved blocking. UVa has historically used the TE position in the passing game and I think Coach Beck would like to give Dan a few targets every game to help keep defenses focusing on stopping the running game and OG honest.

Very interested to see how/if Dan's role in this offense develops over the course of the season.

It looks like Villari is much improved blocking. UVa has historically used the TE position in the passing game and I think Coach Beck would like to give Dan a few targets every game to help keep defenses focusing on stopping the running game and OG honest.

Very interested to see how/if Dan's role in this offense develops over the course of the season.

I'm assuming that Beck & Dino are keeping Villari's true impact under wraps for now, so they can spring it on an unsuspecting opponent when needed.

Looking at you, Clempsum. :cool:

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational TE/FBP*
*Football player.

I'd also imagine that if WMU is the walkover we're all expecting, we're also going to see the rest of the O plan remaining quite vanilla. As it should be. No need to tip the hand unnecessarily.

Another wrinkle I'm looking forward to seeing is LQA tearing it up in the passing game.
That's going to be deadly, if the WR's keep playing as we hope they will, along with the running threat of Shredder.

I'm assuming that Beck & Dino are keeping Villari's true impact under wraps for now, so they can spring it on an unsuspecting opponent when needed.

Looking at you, Clempsum. :cool:

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational TE/FBP*
*Football player.

I'd also imagine that if WMU is the walkover we're all expecting, we're also going to see the rest of the O plan remaining quite vanilla. As it should be. No need to tip the hand unnecessarily.

Another wrinkle I'm looking forward to seeing is LQA tearing it up in the passing game.
That's going to be deadly, if the WR's keep playing as we hope they will, along with the running threat of Shredder.
Agree. They didn't run much of the playbook against Colgate and I doubt they will change that against WMU. We probably won't see what the offense will be like the rest of the season until the Purdue game.

My only issue with Villari on blocking was that he seemed hesitant at times to block. Would like him to be more physical/punishing at the point.

My only issue with Villari on blocking was that he seemed hesitant at times to block. Would like him to be more physical/punishing at the point.
His job is to get in the way, not Jack guys up. Let Mang be that guy if possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom