Derrick Coleman tweeting during games and dropping the hammer on one player | Syracusefan.com

Derrick Coleman tweeting during games and dropping the hammer on one player

Alsacs

Living Legend
I follow Coleman on Twitter and he is a huge Orange fan during games. He supports the program, but he really destroyed Ron Patterson. Asking who recruited him.

If you want a follow during games on your phone Coleman is a good option.

I suppose he's allowed to rip players apart. You know, since he played a little bit and stuff.

I just hope he doesn't rip players for missing the front end of one-and-ones during crunch time.

image.jpg

He went shredda on the cuse last night. Too soft...he's right...

I reeeeally hope that Ron Patterson doesn't follow DC on Twitter. As a guy who is around the team pretty often, that one comment is gonna make things awkward.

Coleman needs to decide which he prefers...

a) being a regular fan who pays for their tickets to games and sits in the upper deck with other financially strapped people, and thus can completely rip on players as much as he'd like, or

b) being a public ambassador for SU basketball who sits courtside at games, next to Dr. Gross, involved with SU b'ball functions, etc.

If it's b) he prefers, then he needs to grow up and not make comments like that.

(obviously I would never say any of this to his face)

Not a good look by DC by calling out Patterson by name, and he picked the wrong game for the soft-nosed comment.

Alsacs said:
I follow Coleman on Twitter and he is a huge Orange fan during games. He supports the program, but he really destroyed Ron Patterson. Asking who recruited him. If you want a follow during games on your phone Coleman is a good option.

That tweet was posted in a few other threads.

A stupid tweet by an inconsiderate fan.

I agreed with everything DC said last night but I would prefer that he not tweet that crap out, especially the comment about Ron. I would rather see him focus his energy by going to campus and talking with and working with the players.

Here's the thing on Patterson: he may seem like a "bad recruit" and less talented than the typical Syracuse player, but I don't think that's the case. What's unique about Patterson is that he is actually being forced into action. Imagine if Mookie Jones had to play big minutes his sophomore year -- or even Southerland as a sophomore.

We've had players similar to Ron before, but typically they aren't playing 20 mins a night.

a) being a regular fan who pays for their tickets to games and sits in the upper deck with other financially strapped people, and thus can completely rip on players as much as he'd like, or

b) being a public ambassador for SU basketball who sits courtside at games, next to Dr. Gross, involved with SU b'ball functions, etc.

If it's b) he prefers, then he needs to grow up and not make comments like that.

I couldn't agree more. I found it really odd that someone in his position would make a public comment about a player the way that Coleman did about Patterson. Really didn't understand the point of it.

Here's the thing on Patterson: he may seem like a "bad recruit" and less talented than the typical Syracuse player, but I don't think that's the case. What's unique about Patterson is that he is actually being forced into action. Imagine if Mookie Jones had to play big minutes his sophomore year -- or even Southerland as a sophomore.

We've had players similar to Ron before, but typically they aren't playing 20 mins a night.

Good thoughts...you are right.

I do think he is doing a good job on defense...offensively he just cant buy a basket and it seems like every time he drives he puts up a shot that doesn't even draw iron.

I agreed with everything DC said last night but I would prefer that he not tweet that crap out, especially the comment about Ron. I would rather see him focus his energy by going to campus and talking with and working with the players.
This team is not soft. They just played two games where everyone for the most part played 40 minutes. They busted their asses out there. They just aren't deep enough or quite good enough. Soft, No. People forget the efforts or lack there ofs, that DC sometimes gave.

DC is not exactly known for his impeccable judgement. It's a really lousy thing for a high-profile, adult, alum who's close to the program to rip a current player like that.

We all love DC, but he was dead wrong.

Why? Because of this. Man up.

Why? Because of this. Man up.

If this happened in todays game of college basketball there'd be 3-4 players suspended and we'd literally be starting walk-ons.

OMAR would say it to his face,

upload_2015-1-27_15-48-0.png

There are very few people who are completely above reproach as it relates to me. Derrick Coleman is completely above reproach when it comes to me.

This team is not soft. They just played two games where everyone for the most part played 40 minutes. They busted their asses out there. They just aren't deep enough or quite good enough. Soft, No. People forget the efforts or lack there ofs, that DC sometimes gave.

Look I am not trying to criticize any of the players but when you get out rebounded by 15 I would say there is an argument for having been soft on the glass. Rak certainly did his part with 12 boards but the other two guys...not so much.

And say what you want about DC lacking effort at times but he would have been magnificent in a game like last night...playing North Carolina on Big Monday!

Coleman could/should have been in the Basketball HOF as a power forward but he didnt pay the price.He has got a lot of stones to bad mouth a young kid like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom