Derrick Coleman tweeting during games and dropping the hammer on one player | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Derrick Coleman tweeting during games and dropping the hammer on one player

huh? Coleman? one of the greatest centers of all time??

In this case, that guy should just shut up. He's clearly not the brightest guy.

It is really amazing how much criticism this board and fans gave Paul Harris, johnny Flynn, and Donte Greene got as freshman and underclassmen...compared with how kj,bj, And Patterson are being sheltered from relevant criticism.

The difference is we arent in the public eye the way DC is.

According to the team pages on ESPN Silent G is 6'7 200 pounds. Carolina's main big guys are 6'8 and 6'9 and about 200-210 pounds except for Meeks who is 280. He has no chance against meeks but the other guys he should be able to compete against.

Yes, he should of but he couldn't. Same with Miami and same with Wake...We'll see how he does with Louisville and Duke...

G is playing out of position, hard to fault him, he's battling for sure.

I'm not and I apologize if I came across that way! I love the kid and think he should start at point...

Eh, who has the highest plus/minus by far on the team in ACC play.

The kid we shouldn't have recruited according to DC.

Tweet that. :)

DC was on ESPN radio this afternoon and apologized if people thought he was criticizing Patterson. He claimed that he was asking a question about who was the recruiter, and not directing anything against Ron.

Full_Rebar said:
DC was on ESPN radio this afternoon and apologized if people thought he was criticizing Patterson. He claimed that he was asking a question about who was the recruiter, and not directing anything against Ron.
Nice try dc

Full_Rebar said:

Oh, okay. Hysterical.

Either way he's criticizing Patterson.

And the assistant as well.

Lol...

Should have just said..."I'm sorry. It was a stupid thing to say. I was just frustrated watching the game like everyone else. I meant no harm. I'm sure Ron is a good young man who is trying his best who will get better with time. "

All of which is true.

People tend to have higher expectations when talking about McD AA players, as opposed to guys in the next tier. However, I'd disagree that the 3 guys you mention are being sheltered from criticism.

Especially BJ and Buss. There are a lot of anti JB agendas on here disguised as pro bench that are taking a beating when those two struggle.

All I'm going to say is this. If Arinze Onuaku had bumped a player 3-feet of their spot with a little jab of his hip and ass the way Meeks did to Roc, he would have fouled out in the first half. They let Meeks do whatever he wanted to the point we had to double him and leave the other guy open for offensive boards.

This is certainly true. That was worst reffed game we have played all year. About what you would expect in the Dean Dome, but still tough to watch.

Also while we are on the subject, this team, like every other team JB has ever coached, is most definitely soft. JB recruits soft players, that's just how it is. Sure there are a few diamonds in the rough, and generally these soft players have many other attributes to make up for their softness. But I cannot remember a single game in my lifetime (I am 35) where we showed more heart/emotion than our opponents.

This is certainly true. That was worst reffed game we have played all year. About what you would expect in the Dean Dome, but still tough to watch.

Also while we are on the subject, this team, like every other team JB has ever coached, is most definitely soft. JB recruits soft players, that's just how it is. Sure there are a few diamonds in the rough, and generally these soft players have many other attributes to make up for their softness. But I cannot remember a single game in my lifetime (I am 35) where we showed more heart/emotion than our opponents.

Holy hyperbole :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom