Devito activated | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

We all know he can make great throws, but this is something I never thought possible.

I thought he needed to be in a pro system, with protection. Not a team that didn't care about Blitz Pick up, like he had here.
Absolutely. Our o line has been an embarrassment. That’s why he looked decent in 2018, because Dino borrowed his son-in-law and we had a decent line. That was it. Still, DeVito seemed so limited without a perfect pocket and seemed to have questionable decision making, that this is a bit of a surprise. Making a 53 man roster is no small feat.

Come to think of it, we didn’t have anyone to throw to or much of a running game either. The is it Dino or Tommy debate seems to lean towards Dino.

Absolutely. Our o line has been an embarrassment. That’s why he looked decent in 2018, because Dino borrowed his son-in-law and we had a decent line. That was it. Still, DeVito seemed so limited without a perfect pocket and seemed to have questionable decision making, that this is a bit of a surprise. Making a 53 man roster is no small feat.

Come to think of it, we didn’t have anyone to throw to or much of a running game either. The is it Dino or Tommy debate seems to lean towards Dino.
Our tempo philosophy was, we'll go so fast, we won't have to worry about Blitz Pick up. (They'll be too tired) It wasnt practiced.

They just kept bringing it, and that was the end of Tempo. Shrader was a better scrambler, when it fell apart, so it went to him. I would have much preferred more focus on oline fundamentals.(they had some with Schmidt)

The situation wasn't built for Devitos strengths. If they had mixed it up? Perhaps, but it didn't happen. Just like we ran 185lbs Jawhar Jordan constantly up the middle, when his strength is open space.

I've never blamed Devito - although part of it was on him.

we had an NFL level QB (granted at the bottom level) in the QB room and we couldnt figure out how to be successful with him.

thats on the coaches. i could care less about joe dirt's kid and it absolutely sucks that he is 1 snap away from taking one for my team tonight, but with that talent i wanted to see the offense we were promised, the orange is the new fast and 4k in the air big12 one.

basically we got lucky to get a NFL QB on the roster and we flucked up the chance to capitalize.

Dino must go.

There's no guarantee that a different coach/scheme would have given Devito success, here.

When I look at Duke? Similar talent, and a VERY well coached team. Defense is 4th in Tds allowed. Backup QB came in for all of yesterday, and all systems normal.

Fundamentals and coaching matter.

we had an NFL level QB (granted at the bottom level) in the QB room and we couldnt figure out how to be successful with him.

thats on the coaches. i could care less about joe dirt's kid and it absolutely sucks that he is 1 snap away from taking one for my team tonight, but with that talent i wanted to see the offense we were promised, the orange is the new fast and 4k in the air big12 one.

basically we got lucky to get a NFL QB on the roster and we flucked up the chance to capitalize.

Dino must go.
I'm not firing a guy because the Giants are weird. There must be fifty out of work QBs shaking their heads

Just a reminder if they asked Devito where he played college ball he would say Illinois and not Syracuse..

More excited about Pugh
But the announcers will mention Syracuse if they talk about him, for whatever that is worth.

Dino must go.
He wasn’t NFL level when he was at SU. Illinois was his 6th season.

Dino must go.
And we only won ONE hoops championship with Craig Forth. TRAVESTY.

There's no guarantee that a different coach/scheme would have given Devito success, here.

When I look at Duke? Similar talent, and a VERY well coached team. Defense is 4th in Tds allowed. Backup QB came in for all of yesterday, and all systems normal.

Fundamentals and coaching matter.
We wanted Belin IV too. Like Leonard.

Duke's QB room is arguably the one we wanted.

We wanted Belin IV too. Like Leonard.

Duke's QB room is arguably the one we wanted.
Sure. I'd take their defense, and VERY well coached Oline, too.

They are a well coached team, in all phases. Similar talent. As their coach said, post game, everything starts with the Oline. Its almost like he made sure there was focus on that.

Ok? I was commenting on Belin specifically.
Mine was based on their staffs ability to adjust, depending on the pieces available. 4 completions is poor, but good for 2 tds..

Thank God for Pugh and hopefully Cajuste next week with a Thomas return. The OL has just been atrocious. I would be surprised if TD doesn’t play, Tyrod seems to get banged up every time he takes snaps. The fact that TD is active for the Giants today brings a tear to me eye, this whole season has, just don’t know how we got here. Ffs.