Devito activated | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

Sure. I'd take their defense, and VERY well coached Oline, too.

They are a well coached team, in all phases. Similar talent. As their coach said, post game, everything starts with the Oline. Its almost like he made sure there was focus on that.
Lost in a lot of conversation is the shift in offensive philosophy under Anae and now Beck to a pass first scheme. Under Schmidt, who was basically calling the plays when Tucker ran for 1,400, we could run the ball. With a little more balance, we might’ve been good. Now, we’re asking a qb who can’t throw and an o line who can’t pass block, to throw it to win. Not a good combo.

Lost in a lot of conversation is the shift in offensive philosophy under Anae and now Beck to a pass first scheme. Under Schmidt, who was basically calling the plays when Tucker ran for 1,400, we could run the ball. With a little more balance, we might’ve been good. Now, we’re asking a qb who can’t throw and an o line who can’t pass block, to throw it to win. Not a good combo.
I reject this sentiment.

Thank God for Pugh and hopefully Cajuste next week with a Thomas return. The OL has just been atrocious. I would be surprised if TD doesn’t play, Tyrod seems to get banged up every time he takes snaps. The fact that TD is active for the Giants today brings a tear to me eye, this whole season has, just don’t know how we got here. Ffs.
I am a big fan of Taylor and I think he's underrated and I don't want to see him get hurt against the bills

MAYBE SINCE WE PLAY IN A DOME IT SHOULD BE PASSING THE FOOTBALL
Or maybe both. But we need a QB who can throw a forward pass and holes to open for the running game. We have neither.

But the announcers will mention Syracuse if they talk about him, for whatever that is worth.
I listened to a Giants preseason game on the radio (I don’t remember which one) and the announcers called Devito the former Syracuse quarterback and never mentioned Illinois. I think it was them not doing all their homework more than anything.

We all know he can make great throws, but this is something I never thought possible.
Nah, at the risk of sounding self congratulatory, I predicted this several years back.

We ran a bunch of Schmidt plays, because they worked. Dino approved, and then we went back to Dino ball.

I half think we ran Schmidt plays, to make it look like the issue was TD, not the scheme. Either way, a balance of the 2 would have seemed the proper path.

Yelling Steve Carell GIF

We didn't have a blitz pick up session until 2020. Tempo, and QB magician would take care of it.
This blitz pick up thing is well on its way to becoming a board truism.

Its true. After Devito became a human tackling dummy, they figured they should work on picking up the Blitz, because they couldn't get to Tempo.

Its a basic fundamental. Same as run block. If you're air raid, and you don't have the QB or WR to execute it? What do you do? Without Oline fundamentals you lose terribly.

Oline knew Schmidts plays would get yards. After they worked, we wouldn't run them again, because that's not 3D chess.

I dont blame Devito for that.

Its true. After Devito became a human tackling dummy, they figured they should work on picking up the Blitz, because they couldn't get to Tempo.

Its a basic fundamental. Same as run block. If you're air raid, and you don't have the QB or WR to execute it? What do you do? Without Oline fundamentals you lose terribly.

Oline knew Schmidts plays would get yards. After they worked, we wouldn't run them again, because that's not 3D chess.

I dont blame Devito for that.
Listen, we've seen so much bad offense for so long that we could throw 50 passes a game completing 30% of them and getting sacked 8 times every game for the next decade, and I'm fine with it. Totally fine with it.

We've got quite a group of OL experts in this thread.
Anyone have coaching credentials or inside information in their bag of tricks?

Most years we average 0.69 ypc and the answer is that we should have two running backs back there to hand one ball off to