Devito activated | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

Daboll must be taking notes from Dino he’s got to be the worst coach. If you don’t have your backup ready to throw that’s on the coach

I get tdevs is technically the 3rd string, but he went to 2nd string 2 weeks ago.

You have to get him repped in some limited playbook throwing plays at least.

Maybe he burns you with an interception, but at least you'd be trying to win the game.

I get tdevs is technically the 3rd string, but he went to 2nd string 2 weeks ago.

Maybe he burns you with an interception, but at least you'd be trying to win the game.
They had the game won if their incompetent kicker makes a gimme field goal.

Maybe they tried and decided they didn’t trust him in game time.

Daboll saw what the Patriots did to the Bills in that hurricane game a few years ago when he was Bills OC and the Pats beat the Bills with Mac Jones throwing the ball three times in the game and figured he would try the same thing today. Daboll almost pulled it off too if not for the missed FG or the offsides on the first play of the game trying drive.

Has a team ever had negative passing yards?
Don’t think the Giants actually had negative yards, close though. 8 and -1 should be 7 total on 6 completions.

IMG_7308.jpeg

Has a team ever had negative passing yards?
I saw a story that the -9 passing yards posted by the Giants was the lowest passing yards for a team in the history of the NFL. Maybe that stat is not right and the Giants really got 7 yards.

Hard to believe numbers like this are possible.

Jim Cramer on CNBC just now: "So hard to do this job and warm up for the Giants quarterback.
I don't have a good arm... but geez... better than that last guy..." [Devito]

and they're "... paying that guy [2nd string] basically what Morgan Stanley is making..." [Tyrod]

Tyrod had -8. I think TD only had 1 pass attempt in the second half. They were running the ball with Tyrod, as well. Great to see him score an NFL TD. The last time a Cuse QB scored a TD was Nassib in 2015. They both have 1 NFL TD.

Last edited:
Tyrod had -8. I think TD only had 1 pass attempt in the second half. They were running the ball with Tyrod, as well. Great to see him score an NFL TD. The last time a Cuse QB scored a TD was Nassib in 2015. They both have 1 NFL TD.

Good call on Nassib. I didn’t know that he had scored a TD in the NFL.

I don’t like Mike Francesca but he had a pretty good take on the Giant game yesterday and specifically how DeVito was used. To sum up a 40-minute rant…. With Jones out DeVito was 2nd string yesterday. The fact that the coaching staff did not trust DeVito enough to throw a pass is on them; it’s the coaches’ job to prepare him. The Giants basically tried to win by counting on the Jets to make mistakes and then take advantage of the mistakes. Offensively they didn’t even try to make plays other than keep running Barkley. His position is that this loss wasn’t on DeVito, it was on the coaches and the kicker.