Devo on ESPN/OTL today | Syracusefan.com

Devo on ESPN/OTL today

orangedave

Starter
Outside the Lines did a brief interview with Devo today. He and Mookie are among several athletes who will be playing in a fundraising tournament for the water crisis. Syracuse.com had a piece last week on these 2 and Derrick Coleman pitching in to help out. Coleman has partnered with a Syracuse church to collect and deliver bottled water to Flint.
Always nice to see a positive story on former players.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...e_jones_trying_to_help_flint_residents_d.html

orangedave said:
Outside the Lines did a brief interview with Devo today. He and Mookie are among several athletes who will be playing in a fundraising tournament for the water crisis. Syracuse.com had a piece last week on these 2 and Derrick Coleman pitching in to help out. Coleman has partnered with a Syracuse church to collect and deliver bottled water to Flint. Always nice to see a positive story on former players. http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...e_jones_trying_to_help_flint_residents_d.html
Ive seen Devo at least 3 times at the dome this year.

Last edited:
Outside the Lines did a brief interview with Devo today. He and Mookie are among several athletes who will be playing in a fundraising tournament for the water crisis. Syracuse.com had a piece last week on these 2 and Derrick Coleman pitching in to help out. Coleman has partnered with a Syracuse church to collect and deliver bottled water to Flint.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...e_jones_trying_to_help_flint_residents_d.html

I admit I was nervous when I saw the title of your post but that's awesome what DC, Eric and Mookie are doing to help an area that desperately needs it.

I know this thread is about SU's devo, but I needed an excuse to post a DEVO video

Oh thanks for linking that. I screamed with laughter!

I sort of remembered the song but not the video. (Not an MTV fan, I disliked most videos)

Great job by Devo. Who would have ever thought he would be leading a humanitarian effort like this? Props to DC and Mook as well.

Makes me proud to be a Syracuse fan.

Flint is one thing that makes me so angry Iw ant to punch a wall. So muc disregard for people in favor of $$$. Good for Devo and Mookie.

I donated the first day. Hope you all have also. Even if just $10 to show Devo and Mookie that we stand behind them doing the right thing. Or doing a good thing. Here is the link to the page to donate.

Donated but I'm confused about something. Flint bought safe water from Detroit for years but had to discontinue due to cost. They are building a pipeline to Lake Huron for future needs but switched to the Flint River as a source until that project is complete. Instead of people all over the country donating money to truck in bottled water, why can't the funds be used to bridge the gap and reestablish the Detroit Metro source? Seems like that would be a much more efficient approach from a $$$ perspective...

It is not the source anymore. The entire infrastructure that carries the water, no matter where the water is going to come from, has been contaminated with the lead. You can't get the lead out of the pipes, just like you can't get it out of the body. The entire system that carries the water needs to be replaced. That is where the problem comes from, and until that is done it does not matter where the water comes from.

It is not the source anymore. The entire infrastructure that carries the water, no matter where the water is going to come from, has been contaminated with the lead. You can't get the lead out of the pipes, just like you can't get it out of the body. The entire system that carries the water needs to be replaced. That is where the problem comes from, and until that is done it does not matter where the water comes from.
I wonder whose job it was to test the source water for contaminants. What a colossal .

Wow. So switching the source to the Flint River corrupted the entire infrastructure. Pipes that were acceptable for years and would conceivable been on the receiving end of the new Huron pipeline. Unfathomable that there was not an appropriate level of testing to prevent this.

Well done Eric, Derrick and Mookie. You guys are the true spirit of SU basketball.