Dickie V diagnosed with lymphoma | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dickie V diagnosed with lymphoma

Admittedly it's hard following this story. This disease along with CoVid wreaked havoc across our family the past 14 months. You get that good news of ringing that bell chased by the sobering news that something not on a petscan shows up on a CT or vis versa. The good news of immunotherapy options followed by its not working, can't do the trial or gene mismatch I could go on.

Wish Dickie V all the best and to win his battle and go out on his own terms not anytime soon. Maybe its CoVid and probably is but it feels like we are doing a lot more losing in the battle against cancer in this world right now vs winning.. along with all the wins being short term.

Admittedly it's hard following this story. This disease along with CoVid wreaked havoc across our family the past 14 months. You get that good news of ringing that bell chased by the sobering news that something not on a petscan shows up on a CT or vis versa. The good news of immunotherapy options followed by its not working, can't do the trial or gene mismatch I could go on.

Wish Dickie V all the best and to win his battle and go out on his own terms not anytime soon. Maybe its CoVid and probably is but it feels like we are doing a lot more losing in the battle against cancer in this world right now vs winning.. along with all the wins being short term.
Well said.

We did get some very promising news on colon and pancreatic cancer in the last week.

We did get some very promising news on colon and pancreatic cancer in the last week.

Yeah I did see that. In fairness it's still fairly relative as we've had a number over the past two decades that have moved the needle marginally at best

We can only hope when they get to bigger trials the results are just as promising.

There was some news on him tonight on SportsCenter, as a promo to the Dickie V special on ESPN+.
He can speak about 70%, if I recall what they said.

Odd to see him on the Big 12 broadcast tonight. I will forever associate him with the ACC.

Yeah I did see that. In fairness it's still fairly relative as we've had a number over the past two decades that have moved the needle marginally at best

We can only hope when they get to bigger trials the results are just as promising.
What is the news? Pancreatic cancer has typically had such a low survival rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom