Dickie V diagnosed with lymphoma | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dickie V diagnosed with lymphoma

I have a friend whose husband has had pancreatic cancer for 4 years, maybe 5. They are very private, so I don’t know what protocols he is on. It’s hopeful.
Different cell types of pancreatic cancer have vastly different prognoses. Adenocarcinoma is the most dire diagnosis but a pancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasm can have a much more positive outlook

You've got to admire a guy who keeps coming back. I hope he does it again.
Absolutely, I hope he does another game at the Dome and he’s honored for all he’s done for college basketball. His Duke crap got old for a long time, but all together, he has been great for the game. And, his love for basketball and his positivity in general is amazing.

Absolutely, I hope he does another game at the Dome and he’s honored for all he’s done for college basketball. His Duke crap got old for a long time, but all together, he has been great for the game. And, his love for basketball and his positivity in general is amazing.
I met him, and we sat at the next table over from him, JB and his staff, at Grimaldi’s after we destroyed Villanova in 1989. He is the same guy in person as he is on TV, I will treasure me and my crew meeting him at the entrance of Grimaldi and then listening to him give JB crap about our cupcake OOC schedule(although that year we were in the Preseason NIT so it wasn’t a fair criticism that year). He also told a story about Bob Knight and how he tried to talk to Knight before a game and Knight started telling him off like the tool he is. Dickie V tells the story that he responded “I’ve been defending you for years, but you know what? You’re the fu**ing a**hole everyone says you are”. He walked away and then Knight all of a sudden started being all nice to him. You should have seen JBs face when Dick told that story. He was just grinning and shaking his head. Oh and I got to see a pissed off Rollie Massimino angrily eating some pasta, I just totally looked at him with a big grin on my face and he looked like he wanted to kill me

I met him, and we sat at the next table over from him, JB and his staff, at Grimaldi’s after we destroyed Villanova in 1989. He is the same guy in person as he is on TV, I will treasure me and my crew meeting him at the entrance of Grimaldi and then listening to him give JB crap about our cupcake OOC schedule(although that year we were in the Preseason NIT so it wasn’t a fair criticism that year). He also told a story about Bob Knight and how he tried to talk to Knight before a game and Knight started telling him off like the tool he is. Dickie V tells the story that he responded “I’ve been defending you for years, but you know what? You’re the fu**ing a**hole everyone says you are”. He walked away and then Knight all of a sudden started being all nice to him. You should have seen JBs face when Dick told that story. He was just grinning and shaking his head. Oh and I got to see a pissed off Rollie Massimino angrily eating some pasta, I just totally looked at him with a big grin on my face and he looked like he wanted to kill me
That is a great story. I bet you didn't even realize at the time you were sitting with two soon-to-be legends talking about another legend.

I love Dickie V. so much. I know some people think he talks too much during broadcasts, and that's all well and good. But his positivity, his love for others, his devotion to fighting pediatric cancer, he just seems like a truly good person. My heart breaks for him. Keep fighting, Dick!

I love Dickie V. so much. I know some people think he talks too much during broadcasts, and that's all well and good. But his positivity, his love for others, his devotion to fighting pediatric cancer, he just seems like a truly good person. My heart breaks for him. Keep fighting, Dick!
This

Dick Vitale is synonymous with College bball…at least for me.

Talk about two people, Vitale and Knight, who are on absolute polar opposite ends of the college basketball human decency spectrum.

Didn’t he call our very first Duke Syracuse game, but he was sick and had to run to the bathroom and throw up? He has given everything he has to college basketball and has given us memorable phrases, like “diaper dandy.“

Can anyone think of other Dickie V catchphrases that will live on long after he does?

Didn’t he call our very first Duke Syracuse game, but he was sick and had to run to the bathroom and throw up? He has given everything he has to college basketball and has given us memorable phrases, like “diaper dandy.“

Can anyone think of other Dickie V catchphrases that will live on long after he does?
PTPer BABY

"Dipsy-do dungeroo! I don't want to get paid tonight this is too good!" (0:30 mark)

I'd have to say his most famous is, "AWESOME BABY, with a capital 'A'!!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom