Dino Babers compares Syracuse football to Jon Snow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers compares Syracuse football to Jon Snow

if claimed this is the first team he wont be trying to bend the players talents around winning, but with this team it will only about show casing the style to new recruits..

babers comments on XM today might temper some of the enthusiasm for the new season. he clearly is change some of his coaching ideas due to the talent on this team.
Any chance you can expand on that?

For someone who has never watched the show, is this a good thing?
Blizz explained it kinda perfectly. It's a really good thing. The Northerners are a bit tougher, absolutely stick to their word, and the Jon Snow character is about as likable a character as you will find in television (a tough, altruistic like-ability). He does the dirty work, has been given nothing (among many characters who have), and keeps on rising...

It's quite involved.

In a nutshell:

In the civilized part of the realm, Westeros, the North is made up of industrious and pragmatic people whose existence is dominated by the dangers of their proximity to 'the free peoples', esentially savage tribal people who live north of 'the wall', an artificial wall made of ice. To the South lie the other six kingdoms of Westeros, which all answer to a king centered in a large city known as Kings Landing. To varying degrees, the other kingdoms are characterized by lavish lifestyles filled with decadence and debauchery.
So we're not choosing decadence and debauchery and this is a good thing?

Any chance you can expand on that?
he basically made it sound like his other 2 teams he came in and found enough talent he could tweak them a bit and win the league.. with this team he realized he cant so he is just going to run his systems and let whatever happpens happens..

you could also look at it to mean he knows he cant beat clem and FSU in year one so shy limit what he wants to get done and instead play the system full out , hasten the learning curve and show the recruits what they will be getting into..

he also mentioned he loves the fact he will finally get a year 3 to see how far the team can progress past year 2..

All I know about the show is there's something important about a door, and Howard Stern is mad because a character who used to get naked doesn't naked anymore.

Dino said from the start that we wouldn't see this team running on all cylinders until halfway through the 2017 season.

King of the North
King of the North
King of the North

zvh5vw.jpg

He has been saying for quite some time that it will take time, and not to build expectations too high. Whether or not this is coach-speak, at least he is consistent.
I agree, every time it seems like the perception is getting optimistic his quotes/interview are much more wet towel than cheerleader. When the perception goes the other way he seems to be a bit peppier and optimistic.

Actually reminds me a lot of JB. keeps the media/perception exactly where he wants it

It's quite involved.

In a nutshell:

In the civilized part of the realm, Westeros, the North is made up of industrious and pragmatic people whose existence is dominated by the dangers of their proximity to 'the free peoples', esentially savage tribal people who live north of 'the wall', an artificial wall made of ice. To the South lie the other six kingdoms of Westeros, which all answer to a king centered in a large city known as Kings Landing. To varying degrees, the other kingdoms are characterized by lavish lifestyles filled with decadence and debauchery.
What?

Frank Maloney compared Syracuse football to Rocky. You use what cultural references are available to you.

All I know about the show is there's something important about a door, and Howard Stern is mad because a character who used to get naked doesn't naked anymore.

Dino said from the start that we wouldn't see this team running on all cylinders until halfway through the 2017 season.

Yet, she did after she said she wouldn't. And it was glorious.

So we're not choosing decadence and debauchery and this is a good thing?
You make your choices and I'll make mine.

he basically made it sound like his other 2 teams he came in and found enough talent he could tweak them a bit and win the league.. with this team he realized he cant so he is just going to run his systems and let whatever happpens happens..

you could also look at it to mean he knows he cant beat clem and FSU in year one so shy limit what he wants to get done and instead play the system full out , hasten the learning curve and show the recruits what they will be getting into..

he also mentioned he loves the fact he will finally get a year 3 to see how far the team can progress past year 2..

Thanks for this. That last bit is particularly juicy.

In the spirit of Coach Babers latest and greatest assertion, I present Easteros, the great houses of the ACC
Syracuse - Stark
Boston College - Bolton
Pitt - Frey
NC State - Greyjoy
ND - Lannister
FSU - Baratheon
Clemson - Tyrell
Georgia Tech - Martell
Miami - Targaryen
Duke - Tully
Va Tech - Tarly
Wake - Mormont
UNC - Arryn
UVA - Florent

Frank Maloney compared Syracuse football to Rocky. You use what cultural references are available to you.
Let's all hope that Dino is NOT another Frank Maloney. :bang:

In the spirit of Coach Babers latest and greatest assertion, I present Easteros, the great houses of the ACC
Syracuse - Stark
Boston College - Bolton
Pitt - Frey
NC State - Greyjoy
ND - Lannister
FSU - Baratheon
Clemson - Tyrell
Georgia Tech - Martell
Miami - Targaryen
Duke - Tully
Va Tech - Tarly
Wake - Mormont
UNC - Arryn
UVA - Florent

NC State is Dorne, nobody can stand them.

NC State is Dorne, nobody can stand them.
Just figured because Atlanta is hot, and that Triple Option is an unorthodox offense, kinda like the way the Red Viper fought the Mountain... And who likes the Iron Islands? Theon Greyjoy was my equivalent to McDonald

Syracuse - Stark
Boston College - Bolton
Pitt - Frey
NC State - Greyjoy
ND - Lannister
FSU - Baratheon
Clemson - Tyrell
Georgia Tech - Martell
Miami - Targaryen
Duke - Tully
Va Tech - Tarly
Wake - Mormont
UNC - Arryn
UVA - Florent

I would flip BC & Pitt. BC's tactics leaving the BE were straight outta Walder Frey's playbook.

And Pitt hoops, and a few of our recent close FB losses, have felt like getting flayed by Ramsey Bolton.

I would flip BC & Pitt. BC's tactics leaving the BE were straight outta Walder Frey's playbook.

And Pitt hoops, and a few of our recent close FB losses, have felt like getting flayed by Ramsey Bolton.

Good call. Those Pitt games often get referred to as a proverbial "dog fight." Ramsey did have the kennel.

I had this thought too, but saw the value of Pitt as a "bridge" to recruiting in Western PA and Ohio. I'm good with either one.