Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable. | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable.

Any offensive player who can't see the field on this team might want to start looking around.

We should be very nervous about retaining every/anyone that contributes on D and we might only get one season out of our DC.
In fairness, we have a Dome, a good defense, good special teams, major conference membership, and an unfortunate amount of playing time to offer.

If I’m stuck behind someone and interested in PT, Syracuse may be an option.

Give this defense and ST and average offense, and we’ll win some games.

I'm confused too... don't they all ride on a plane after the game together?

the team tuned out the coaches and no showed against Maryland last year( Dino himself said they tuned out the staff)
Blowing off the alma mater against Clemson and having to be dragged back out
Quitting against BC
Taj Harris acting like a lunatic and showing up TD
Players griping about Dino not speaking up after what happened in Minneapolis
Gathering players on the field yesterday because they “scatter” in the locker room

meybe it isn’t Dino’s fault, maybe it is terrible mix of personalities in the locker room but it was clear last year and into this year that this is not a cohesive group

seriously all your evidence is a load of crap.

Maryland? yeah cause in the history or sports no team has ever overlooked another team. They sure showed up for Wake and Duke though didn't they.

(and I don't recall one player griping about HCDB and Minneapolis. I think you're confusing some of the board babies griping about him not speaking up.)

Maryland? yeah cause in the history or sports no team has ever overlooked another team. They sure showed up for Wake and Duke though didn't they.

(and I don't recall one player griping about HCDB and Minneapolis. I think you're confusing some of the board babies griping about him not speaking up.)
Wouldn’t put it quite so succinctly, but I agree. All that stuff is speculative gibberish- no one has come out and hinted of trouble in the locker room. And to be honest, Dino keeps a very tight ship on intel related to the team so i doubt we’d hear anything, unless he totally lost control.
Again, the Hot Take(s) speedball that some like to inject only serves to muddy the waters. But I guess it comes w/ the territory for a losing team.

Last edited:
I don't know if he gave up, but it sure looked like it. And as I watched these games since Dungey left, wth happened to our pace? I am starting to think there's not enough confidence in our QB because this offense, at one point would force the defense to fake injuries just to catch their breath. Can't remember the last time I saw that.

I don't know if he gave up, but it sure looked like it. And as I watched these games since Dungey left, wth happened to our pace? I am starting to think there's not enough confidence in our QB because this offense, at one point would force the defense to fake injuries just to catch their breath. Can't remember the last time I saw that.

Tough to get the D winded in 3 plays.

My opinion is this (Which doesn't matter a bit):
Dino didn't use the time-outs because he knew they couldn't win, so he wanted to get out of there. I don't think the on-field meeting after the game had anything at all to do with not using the time-outs. No message to the team or whatever. It's doesn't bode well for the rest of the season IMO that the head coach doesn't think his team can win...and not ever go through the motions of trying. Bad look.

Hope we can salvage something positive out of this year, but it doesn't look promising to me.

If that's the case, then that was an unusually shmucky tweet.
Because airing that hot take in a public medium is probably not considered helping out when needed.

And if he's such a big deal in the program, then he's probably got a direct line to someone at Manley who'd appreciate his coaching advice.
Agreed you don’t do that to a friend

Didn't get to watch but I did catch a replay on YouTube of the final four minutes. The only thing I can imagine is that he quit or wanted to send a message to his team. Not sure what the message could be, but this entire thing makes me feel very uneasy.

My opinion is this (Which doesn't matter a bit):
Dino didn't use the time-outs because he knew they couldn't win, so he wanted to get out of there. I don't think the on-field meeting after the game had anything at all to do with not using the time-outs. No message to the team or whatever. It's doesn't bode well for the rest of the season IMO that the head coach doesn't think his team can win...and not ever go through the motions of trying. Bad look.

Hope we can salvage something positive out of this year, but it doesn't look promising to me.

Last year's Pitt game Dino used his last TO with like 30 seconds left. Narduzzi had a look on his face like really Dino? So Pitt was forced to take another knee to end the game. This year with 4 mins left though he decides to let the clock run out.

it was players griping to each other about it on Twitter. believe what you want to believe, that is fine, but this is not a harmonious situation, I don't think all the players hate Dino or he hates them, or they all hate each other, but something is not right, beyond the clear talent issues on offense, maybe it has to do with who is playing QB and who isn't.

I was thinking the same thing. The o-line woes have definitely attributed to TD's poor performance. If he had a decent o-line the past two years, we could be talking differently about him now.

I am curious how much of it is o-line and how much of it is Tommy not just having the ability to perform under pressure. We may never know.

I always go back to that UNC game in the Dome a few years back where he brought us back. It is apparent now that his confidence is shattered.

he has shown that he is capable of performing at a good level when given adequate protection He had 4-1 td to interception ratio last year.

his skill set doesn’t fit a team with a bad oline, which has been the single biggest issue these first two games

it doesn’t have to be perfect, just better

also would help throw earlier to lessen up the defense

Dino is a strange cat... I think he was trying to make the point that he wasn't going to prolong the game for the D when the O had a .01 chance of generating 2 scores... I think that he was saying indirectly... Not saying I agree but I think that is what he was implying...

I was thinking the same thing. The o-line woes have definitely attributed to TD's poor performance. If he had a decent o-line the past two years, we could be talking differently about him now.

I am curious how much of it is o-line and how much of it is Tommy not just having the ability to perform under pressure. We may never know.

I always go back to that UNC game in the Dome a few years back where he brought us back. It is apparent now that his confidence is shattered.

And I've pointed this out in the many threads about the QB situation. You can watch the FSU game as see the same. Even though they got blown out versus Notre Dame, he didn't look panicked.

Dino is a strange cat... I think he was trying to make the point that he wasn't going to prolong the game for the D when the O had a .01 chance of generating 2 scores... I think that he was saying indirectly... Not saying I agree but I think that is what he was implying...
Not suggesting he’d ever admit it- but given the same circumstances, I wonder if he’d do the same thing? I seriously doubt it.

Just 13 months ago a lot of us were thinking (or dreaming) we could win the ACC and maybe crack the playoff.

The football gods are not done punishing us yet. Probably something one of you did, definitely not me though. I haven't defiled anything in awhile.

I think it was all the absurd hype videos last year preseason. Before you've actually done something, best to tone it down

Yep...the oline coach teaches technique for the birds. Why he is still employed is beyond me

People went right by him several times. Was he on valium or something? What the heck, it's like he had no reactions.

I remember the ND game at Yankee Stadium and Dino played it to the end ,even having Andre kick a field go when we were hopelessly down 36-0. Brian Kelly, that douche, even had an exasperated look on his face as to say "Why?" That makes Dino not using the TOs here even more inexplicable.

I don't believe for a second that he gave up. I think he had a plan that he didn't get to execute because of the way things played out.

Using timeouts willy nilly just because isnt helpful either. Then when an opportunity does arise, you have no chance execute.

Either way we lost. Move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom