Dino Gets Contract Extension !! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Gets Contract Extension !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the buyout. I'd assume part of the extension would be to make the buyout even more protective than it is currently.
Heard it’s $500M but that decreases by a million per year.

I am one very happy Syracuse University Football Fan. I truly believe that Coach Dino Babers and his Staff have a grand plan for Syracuse Football that will lead this program to success not seen since the late 1980's and through the 1990's. In fact, I predict Coach Babers will lead this program to ACC Championships and beyond. Today December 12, 2018 is a defining moment for Syracuse University Football. Go Orange!!!!!!!

I have never been so happy about cuse football in my life (I’m 22) we as cuse football fans have had to expect the worst for too
Long so it felt like this somehow would not happen. I am so happy. This is the best news for Syracuse football we could have ever imagined. The future now is stable. This feels like a weight has been lifted off of cuse fans. It feels like we can just focus on football and not about holding onto our fantastic coach. I’m belated !

This is the only place where I know there are others who can understand how happy this makes me. I'll echo sutomcat and say that Dino is the perfect fit for SU. I had that sense immediately after watching his introductory presser. I've said here that Dino has emerged as a true ambassador for the university, and I hope that whatever deal he was given is reflective of that reality - his contributions to SU will ultimately far exceed the gridiron. I'm toasting John Wildhack, Kent and the entire board tonight. It's a great time to be a fan of Syracuse Football! LGO!!!!

Much better now. Thank you. He was stuck in the hospital with nothing to do and didn’t even want to watch Syracuse v. Georgetown. It was rough.

Glad to hear it. It's always nice to be in your own surroundings especially around holidays.

Thank You ADJW and HCDFB for a great Christmas present.
To both of them as well -
giphy.gif

While this is great news, does it really assure us that he'll be here well into the future? I remember Tom Herman being extended at Houston through 2020. A year later he goes to Texas.
Does the extension just make it harder, and less likely for him to go somewhere else, or do coaches generally stick around through their new contract after an extension?
D94A563F-CCB2-4F31-921B-E1F4726CA22E.gif

Just busting...buyout is natural question...

Now what? Don't we all want to know details? Salary for how many years.
I get a Cmon man? Really? Right back at ya.

Lol. Testy are we? Can't we just be happy knowing he is our coach for awhile? Be happy with what you got!

Lol. Testy are we? Can't we just be happy knowing he is our coach for awhile? Be happy with what you got!
I am happy. What's awhile? Can't wait for details. Wasn't directed at you. Leave me alone. Let me be happy and hope details come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom