Dino is back next year | Syracusefan.com

Dino is back next year

1638075671543.gif

Maybe, but so far Wildhack has been silent and Dino didn’t indicate any certainty of it when asked last night.

You think we are winning 6 games with much more difficult schedule? Talk about lame duck coach/season

We switch for...

Purdue instead of Liberty
ND instead of Rutgers
Virginia instead of VA tech ( Tech is going bowling & fired their coach)
Then the corollary: Dino comes back next year, wins 3 games and Syracuse fan support is gone for a decade.

You think we are winning 6 games with much more difficult schedule? Talk about lame duck coach/season

We switch for...

ND instead of Rutgers
Ooof

Let’s rewind three months. Experts forecast said 3.5 wins. Wildhack said expectations were to return to playing competitive football. Virtually everyone on this forum said just getting to a bowl would be a great accomplishment.
Look. The last month has been a killer. But this team was literally one play from getting to a bowl. Took Wake Forest to overtime. Played FSU and Clemson to the last snap. And lost to Rutgers due to some of the most egregious calls I have seen from officiating in over 50 years as a fan.
There are no style points in football. If you want that, go watch figure skating. Team fulfilled the minimum requirements set by the AD, and that combined with the financial realities that a buyout would present assure that Dino will be at the helm when spring practice starts in 3 months.

All that being said, the seat is definitely hot in 2022. And the road is not an easy one. Need a complete rebuild of the D line, need to take a hard, honest look at the QB situation, need to uncover an impact WR. O line was greatly improved IMO, but injuries took a significant toll. I know the staff is very high on some of the young kids and feels they are the verge of contributing so I am more optimistic there.
Time for Dino to do an honest staff assessment and hit the portal quickly to get some potential answers here for the spring semester. I am in for one more year, but will join the critics if we are still having these discussions in 12 months.
Go Orange!

Last edited:
Let’s rewind three months. Experts forecast said 3.5 wins. Wildhack said expectations were to return to playing competitive football. Virtually everyone on this forum said just getting to a bowl would be a great accomplishment.
Look. The last month has been a killer. But this team was literally one play from getting to a bowl. Took Wake Forest to overtime. Played FSU and Clemson to the last snap. And list to Rutgers due to some of the most egregious calls I have seen from officiating in over 50 years as a fan.
There are no style points in football. If you want that, go watch figure skating. Team fulfilled the minimum requirements set by the AD, and that combined with the financial realities that a buyout would present assure that Dino will be at the helm when spring practice starts in 3 months.

All that being said, the seat is definitely hot in 2022. And the road is not an easy one. Need a complete rebuild of the D line, need to take a hard, honest look at the QB situation, need to uncover an impact WR. I line was greatly improved IMO, but injuries took a significant toll. I know the staff is very high on some of the young kids and feels they are the verge of contributing so I am more optimistic there.
Time for Dino to do an honest staff assessment and hit the portal quickly to get some potential answers here for the spring semester. I am in for one more year, but will join the critics if we are still having these discussions in 12 months.
Go Orange!

One issue I have is that’s a lot there that needs to go right and happen to be successful next year. I just don’t have confidence DB is capable of doing all that just to remain competitive in more games than not. A lot of things you mentioned are self inflicted wounds that happen when a coach/staff aren’t up to the task. Poor recruiting and poor player development has been a huge issue. We’re not just going to drastically improve recruiting with a new coach. I get that. But we need a coach and staff that can identify more players that may not start/play in years 1-2 but become good players in years 3-4. Not just see the field b/c of depth issues but are actual players at this level. You can point to players becoming great players on the team but every CFB team has success stories. Ours are few and far between and that’s largely a result of poor recruiting and development.

Look. The last month has been a killer. But this team was literally one play from getting to a bowl. Took Wake Forest to overtime. Played FSU and Clemson to the last snap. And list to Rutgers due to some of the most egregious calls I have seen from officiating in over 50 years as a fan.

All that being said, the seat is definitely hot in 2022. And the road is not an easy one. Need a complete rebuild of the D line, need to take a hard, honest look at the QB situation, need to uncover an impact WR. I line was greatly improved IMO, but injuries took a significant toll. I know the staff is very high on some of the young kids and feels they are the verge of contributing so I am more optimistic there.
Go Orange!

Dino will be back but it's delaying the inevitable. No impact qb or wr or even assistant is coming to a walking dead program with a lame duck coach. Every time a school brings back a guy like this inevitably their fired the following year. There's almost no examples of this actually turning around.

Dino will be back but it's delaying the inevitable. No impact qb or wr or even assistant is coming to a walking dead program with a lame duck coach. Every time a school brings back a guy like this inevitably their fired the following year. There's almost no examples of this actually turning around.
Nothing is inevitable, my friend. If it is there is no reason to get out of bed in the morning.

Nothing is inevitable, my friend. If it is there is no reason to get out of bed in the morning.

Bringing Dino back is, this is London at UVA all over again. Wildhack is a smart man, this is all about getting more money off the buyout and saving SUs finances for other areas. There's no reasonable person that looks at the last six years, what's coming back, our schedule next year and our less then stellar recruiting class and thinks "definitely getting to six next year". If we couldn't get to 6 this year withba down Clemson and FSU and easiest OOC in 30 years, hes never gonna do it.

We switch for...

ND instead of Rutgers
This is precisely the reason Dino comes back next year. You don’t bring in a new coach and build momentum in the program with a tough schedule. You try and soften it up for a new coach. If Dino goes bowling next year, great for all of us and the program. If he loses, then you have a better case to cut bait, save money and move on.

Bringing Dino back is, this is London at UVA all over again. Wildhack is a smart man, this is all about getting more money off the buyout and saving SUs finances for other areas. There's no reasonable person that looks at the last six years, what's coming back, our schedule next year and our less then stellar recruiting class and thinks "definitely getting to six next year". If we couldn't get to 6 this year withba down Clemson and FSU and easiest OOC in 30 years, hes never gonna do it.
They are losing hundreds of thousands of sold tickets over the next several years as well as concessions and merchandise. Penny wise and pound foolish.

Yeah and good luck getting recruits/transfers with a lame duck coach.

No one is going to come here and get comfortable knowing the coach is about as close as possible to being fired.

Rip the band-aid off and get it done with is my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom