Dino turned down coaching the final game. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dino turned down coaching the final game.

You, most certainly speak about things which you have no clue about. It might have a degree of truth on 1 occasion but that does not discount the 10,000 other good occasions. Even though that is not true in this case, I most certainly believe. We all have to be careful about throwing stones. I suspect this is a problem for you globally. That is just my opinion. I 1000% believe unequivocally he will address the team and that is none of your or my business.

I stated on more than one occasion in my post that this is my opinion and view. This is a place where folks consistently throw out opinions, just as you have in this thread. Globally, I suspect you may have difficulty in differentiating between fact and opinion.

Yes, he’s most likely going to address the team, I don’t think anyone has implied otherwise. However, that’s not the main crux of this thread, which is what many similarly have shared their sentiments/views about here.

You most certainly are free to believe things as you desire.

Last edited:
he gave him the option so in Wildhack's mind it wasn't a "best interest" choice. It was a personal one.

Dino either is mad about something (maybe JW slightly moved the goalposts or promised him a full year) or he's happy to cut the check and move on
in not coaching the final game, dino has just gave a the final gesture to the syracuse community who supported a underperforming overpaid employee. i feel bad for the team that he did this. they worked hard for for syracuse, never quit, and showed respect and commitment. i hope he meets with team before he leaves. if he does not, he is not the person i think he is. it makes all the other stuff he said b.s. .
man up dino

Article on the hometown website shares what Caleb thought of the situation of him basically walking away. I find it enormously crappy of Dino to not even say goodbye at least. Caleb seems heartbroken his coach literally just walked out the day. Caleb wanted to go out on senior day and shake his hand and not getting that chance. So much for the ohana. To not even address the guys and just leave is wild to me. What a guy

Article on the hometown website shares what Caleb thought of the situation of him basically walking away. I find it enormously crappy of Dino to not even say goodbye at least. Caleb seems heartbroken his coach literally just walked out the day. Caleb wanted to go out on senior day and shake his hand and not getting that chance. So much for the ohana. To not even address the guys and just leave is wild to me. What a guy
I was ok with him not coaching the last game, I get why some people wanted him to but for me I wasn’t bothered either way. Him leaving without addressing the team however that’s absurd to me, the kids didn’t fire you, they chose to play for you and some of them are still there despite having transfer opportunities last offseason, they fought harder than I thought they would’ve against GT. Made a comeback and had a chances to win the game. The least they could’ve gotten is a meeting before he walked out. Yeah I don’t like that one bit.

I hadn't seen the entire snippet of what Rhule said:

Not holding any punches!
I feel Rhule is a good coach but I find it fuuny he is throwing shade. Not like he immediately resurrected Nebraska. 3-5 in conference. Has to win to go to a bowl. If things continue Nebraska will be looking for a new coach within a couple of years and his assistants will be out of a job. Nebraska does not wait eight years for a consistent winner but expects conference championships which is not happening in the B1G.

I feel Rhule is a good coach but I find it fuuny he is throwing shade. Not like he immediately resurrected Nebraska. 3-5 in conference. Has to win to go to a bowl. If things continue Nebraska will be looking for a new coach within a couple of years and his assistants will be out of a job. Nebraska does not wait eight years for a consistent winner but expects conference championships which is not happening in the B1G.
When talking about outsized expectations, he could (or at least should) be talking about Nebraska.

That is a bit odd. I'm sure he's processing it -- he hasn't been let go from a job in a long, long time. So this is a big hit to his ego. But the fact that he hasn't communicated with his guys at all given what he preached is not great. Hope he rectifies that for the team's sake.

That is a bit odd. I'm sure he's processing it -- he hasn't been let go from a job in a long, long time. So this is a big hit to his ego. But the fact that he hasn't communicated with his guys at all given what he preached is not great. Hope he rectifies that for the team's sake.

I could imagine it being quite embarrassing. Plus, we don't what he has said to the players before that to make it even more so. It was Dino's decision to make how he handled it.

My wonderful gf was not budging on staying in last night and, as a veteran of pissing her off, I am saving my trip to the doghouse for later in the trip
Strange name for a gentlemen’s club...

Sounds a lot like ohana what a great moral driven, Christian, military man. Nah man just give me my last check I'm out.
I think we are all being too hard on Babers concerning his not wanting to coach the last game...He is hurt!..Imagine it is Monday, your boss comes into your office and says you are fired...but he would still like for you to lead the sales meeting on Wednesday...or not...it is totally up to you...what do you want to do?
Would you lead the sales meeting after just getting fired?

I think we are all being too hard on Babers concerning his not wanting to coach the last game...He is hurt!..Imagine it is Monday, your boss comes into your office and says you are fired...but he would still like for you to lead the sales meeting on Wednesday...or not...it is totally up to you...what do you want to do?
Would you lead the sales meeting after just getting fired?
That is not the same. He has preached family for 8 years and he walked away from them. Shafer and grob both stuck around for their kids. Dino is all about himself and couldn’t man up. Give him his money and hopefully he caught the first plane out of town. Good Riddance

I think he was and is a Grifter. He made millions and was a ghost in this community unless someone was writing him a check. Now he has ghosted his players. It did not bother me in the least that he did not coach the final game, but to run out of town without meeting with his players is a disgrace. My Son plays D1 football, and I am well aware of the sacrifices these kids make. His players deserved better. He is who I thought he was.

Says Rhule who went took a head coaching job at Temple who I am sure was fully invested in the football program. :):)

So you all want him fired and are mad he didn't stick around.

Nothing pleases people on this board.

Really, this isn’t difficult to follow along in what folks are saying. I doubt any poster here could personally give a rats arse about him sticking around. This is not about/has nothing to do with “you all.”

It’s about sticking around for his players! The ones he coached, preached to, la familia, etc., etc. Again, he talks the talk, but doesn’t walk the walk.

Really, this isn’t difficult to follow along in what folks are saying. I doubt any poster here could personally give a rats arse about him sticking around. This is not about/has nothing to do with “you all.”

It’s about sticking around for his players! The ones he coached, preached to, la familia, etc., etc. Again, he talks the talk, but doesn’t walk the walk.
HE WAS FIRED!

This isn't coaching CYO basketball at the local YMCA.

I legitimately tried to do some research on who the last coach was that was fired (not retiring at end of season, etc) that continued to coach and stopped because it was taking time. It legitimately might be Scott Shafer 9 years ago.

HE WAS FIRED!

This isn't coaching CYO basketball at the local YMCA.

I legitimately tried to do some research on who the last coach was that was fired (not retiring at end of season, etc) that continued to coach and stopped because it was taking time. It legitimately might be Scott Shafer 9 years ago.
Found one! 55 consecutive coaches to leave their school (for one reason or another) have not continued to coach since the last one who did

So you all want him fired and are mad he didn't stick around.

Nothing pleases people on this board.
Didn’t want to coach the final game, cool with me. Not having a meeting with the players he recruited to play for him who busted their azzes for him every week however, is ridiculous. He doesn’t owe Syracuse a damn thing but he owes those kids a lot. Seems to me his whole ohana bs was exactly that, bs.

Last edited:
The thing here is, fine you don’t want to coach the final game, I get it.

But I trust what Caleb is saying, and not meeting with the players to say goodbye

That is tossing the whole team a middle finger

Not really surprised tho, he looked like he wasn’t into it the entire season, except for the Pitt game….

Congrats Dino, best of luck, and see yah later or not.

I look forward to a coach who allows fans a little bit of access to the program

Haven’t read this whole thread, so forgive me, but someone mentioned Rich Rod. Some may not like it, but if that was our choice I could see him being successful here.

I was ok with him not coaching the last game, I get why some people wanted him to but for me I wasn’t bothered either way. Him leaving without addressing the team however that’s absurd to me, the kids didn’t fire you, they chose to play for you and some of them are still there despite having transfer opportunities last offseason, they fought harder than I thought they would’ve against GT. Made a comeback and had a chances to win the game. The least they could’ve gotten is a meeting before he walked out. Yeah I don’t like that one bit.
Agree. Don't really care if he didn't want to coach the last game, but to not address the team, if that is in fact true, is pathetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom