Dino's Game 5 Press Conference | Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 5 Press Conference | Clemson

Team MVP’s from the win over Army, according to Babers: Offense: Damien Alford Defense: Alijah Clark Special Teams: Jack Stonehouse

Injury updates:
Wilson OK.
Ellis Unknown.
More hopes to get him back.
Pena Not Sure

“They’re still a championship caliber team.” Babers still thinks of Clemson as an elite opponent. “The turning point was, it was 15 rounds… and we were beat up.” Babers speaks on how losing to Clemson last year was a turning point.

“He’s throwing BBs, he’s throwing dimes.” Babers speaks highly of Clemson quarterback Cade Klubnik and how he’s grown since facing SU last season.

On Clemson's Will Shipley: "He's a senior version of LeQuint Allen."

“It’s never between the coaches, it’s never between the coordinators. It’s always about the players.” Babers on what he expects strategy-wise for the matchup between Clemson and Syracuse.

“These guys are the same champions they’ve always been… their athletes are different.” Babers doesn’t think that Clemson being 2-2 doesn’t mean that the Tigers are any worse.

Babers clarified that SU wide receiver Isaiah Jones did suffer a lower-body injury against Purdue. He didn’t give any more details.

On Max Mang and Dan Villari: "When it comes to any position, they have to carve out their niche." "Max has done some things for us that have been good."

Last edited:
to me, it seems like he hates press conferences.
He was in a better mood today.

house money game

last two games have been three point, last possession, and the teams are closer talent wise. Defense is 100%. Shrader is 100%.

They’ve had 4 non stress games. Everyone who’s available should be pretty fresh.

"Max has done some things for us that have been good."

That's a compliment that will cure your case of the Mondays.

One small step above, 'He didn't crap the bed'.
If I recall correctly, I think he slipped “in the past” between the words “that” and “had”, so it seems to me Mr. Villari has now moved front and center.

He was in a better mood today.

house money game

last two games have been three point, last possession, and the teams are closer talent wise. Defense is 100%. Shrader is 100%.

They’ve had 4 non stress games. Everyone who’s available should be pretty fresh.
I don’t think you can call Army a non-stress game when down 10-3 going into the third.

If I recall correctly, I think he slipped “in the past” between the words “that” and “had”, so it seems to me Mr. Villari has now moved front and center.
Yeah and it seemed the “Dan has done some different things”….was clearly his ability to run routes and catch the ball.

But Villari completely whiffed on a block on a critical 3rd and short against Army. Needs to clean that up.

If the TE has the ability to get out in the pattern now is the time to use it.

If you keep them into block and they miss the block is usually a bad thing.. If not then slip them out and force the D to honor it.

we have seen almost nothing different in the 4 games.. few special plays, limited bubble screens, no normal screens, no reverses, no pulling oline, no draw plays, no sweeps

How much have they saved for this.

If the TE has the ability to get out in the pattern now is the time to use it.

If you keep them into block and they miss the block is usually a bad thing.. If not then slip them out and force the D to honor it.

we have seen almost nothing different in the 4 games.. few special plays, limited bubble screens, no normal screens, no reverses, no pulling oline, no draw plays, no sweeps

How much have they saved for this.
Agree, I do hope Beck has a few trick plays up his sleeve, maybe a halfback pass or something.

When you can clearly hear all the questions in Dino’s Monday morning press conf

1695697290088.gif

Agree, I do hope Beck has a few trick plays up his sleeve, maybe a halfback pass or something.
I don’t worry about this at all.

I hope he uses those wisely. Anae had a knack for being too cute here. Prime time these seem to be unveiled is after a turnover or big play.

I don’t worry about this at all.

I hope he uses those wisely. Anae had a knack for being too cute here. Prime time these seem to be unveiled is after a turnover or big play.
We will 100% get a Villari pass this season. And I think it’s most likely in this 3 game stretch.

It’s Clemson week so I watched looking for something that would be stripped of context and ran up the flagpole on Clemsontigerpoop.net or whatever as the worst insulting thing we don’t get about how great they are

Dabo Swinney: "Another tough challenge coming up this week. Playing a really good team, confident team. Another great quarterback, this kid is an exceptional player. I've got a lot of respect for him."

Swinney: "A true RPO team, so everything goes through the run game."

Swinney on Syracuse's defense, "it's a true 3-3-5. They play hard, they play physical, they swarm to the ball. They really understand their scheme and do a nice job."

Swinney on turnovers and how they've affected his team: "We've just been horrendous. It's not just turnovers, but it's where they are. We're 2-2 simply because of the ball."

Swinney: "We've outgained every opponent we've played and been in a position to win every game. They (his players) are playing the right way."

Swinney: "I've had a bunch of 4-0 teams around here that haven't played as well as this group."

Swinney stresses that the greatest equalizer in all of sports is turnovers. Continues to be proud of the way his team has played through the first month but is clearly disappointed in the way turnovers have hurt his team. Says his guys are, "a p**sed off team."

On Syracuse's offense, "everything is designed around this quarterback (Garrett Shrader). 316 yards rushing, 6 TDs. But what doesn't get mentioned is he can throw the football."

Swinney on resetting expectations without lowering the standards, "I don't think we lower expectations, but we might need to get a new dream. God orders our steps and you've just got to walk it out. I think it's important to dream big! It's disappointing because this team is better than some of the 4-0 teams I've had."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom